Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam Of Darts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

This is what Hankey‏ said on Twitter:

''I need to apologise to all my fans out there I was shocking I have had the flu since sun night and couldn't see out my left eye #verysorry''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Tarzann wrote: »

Oh those Dutch...
    Hankey stood on the podium. As a novice sausage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

Tarzann wrote: »

Some funny translations there!

As a novice sausage his arrows, with less than 60 average with three arrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

"Ooh and that's a nice double brandy, looks like he's going for a treble vodka" "140 milligrams"

• Advertisement

ATR180 wrote: »
    Bye Bye Hankey "BE ON YOUR WAY".........PDC 4 THE BIG BOYS..........

Generally yeah, but in Kist, Waites and Shea, and probably Adams if he wasn't so welded to the nonsense about ignoring the PDC, the BDO have their own players that can put it up to anyone. Adams has had his own "tired and emotional" episode.

If one good thing comes out of last night, it's that the anti-BDO sneering might be dampened. But overall a very bad incident for the game. One has to consider though that no other big sport is played in such close proximity to a bar, with extended breaks between games, with audiences buying drinks all around them etc. it's bound to break down now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

yesterday went well hitting all 3 today's blog is up from my mate here

hankey was a joke and as was sky sports making excuses for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Anderson v Lewis on now, hopefully its a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wow Mardle called the Dolan match perfectly before play started 5-0.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wow Mardle called the Dolan match perfectly before play started 5-0.

yeah sometimes it pays to listen, boyles were best price on -2.5 and 5-0 which i got 5/1 on

manafana wrote: »
    yeah sometimes it pays to listen, boyles were best price on -2.5 and 5-0 which i got 5/1 on

Jibbed out of the 5-0 myself, went -3.5 on PP. Happy with that though all the same :D

/aftertiming

Key match for Dolan there, looked for a bit like it could have ended in a shoot out between him and Nicholson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

John Part is next up for Dolan and based on what I've seen of both players so far Dolan has every chance of beating Part who was a tad lucky to beat O'Shea tonight 5-4.

Well Newton looked good last night should prehaps had that up in a good win, todays advice is up (blog here)

format ups to best 19 now which means the groups are not as relevant as players have much more time to settle into their throw.

The first quarter final pairing has been sorted after wins for Dean Winstanley and Kevin Painter in their last 16 games. Winstanley beat Aaron Monk 10-5 and Painter beat Mervyn King by the same scoreline. I watched the Painter v King game,both could have played a lot better,both averaged around the 90 mark.

Some game this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

van Gerwyn throwing some darts, Taylor is needing ton+ chekouts to hold....and he missed one and van Gerwyn broke him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Game of the year at the moment,some massive blows being landed,MVG keeps hitting back with 180's to cut the power's celebrations short-looks super confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

This is darts from another world both guys averaging well over 100, getting a ton score just average for these guys, van gerwen really showing that he up there with the worlds best tonight. Only shame is that this isnt the final!

• Advertisement

Taylor you bad losing pup

That win has surely gotten MVG a premier league place next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Taylor resorts to cheating again. Delighted he was beaten. Patronising ass#ole

Well done Van Gerwen,a brilliant performance and a deserving winner. Phil Taylor needs to grow up and accept defeat like a man,for too long he was inflicting the pain of defeat on others who accepted it gracefully,cop on Taylor FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

What a match that was,makes shelling out 40 quid for Sky Sports worth while when ya get that kinda entertainment. MVG was top class,dident let Taylor fluster him what so ever. Wonder what odds Taylor will be or the Worlds now if its anything decent id still have a flutter on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tippman26

Disgraceful by taylor,can't taking his beating!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Just in, what did Taylor say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

What did Taylor do?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

KevIRL wrote: »
    Taylor you bad losing pup

Yeah,he cant take it atall,
    MvG should have asked taylor to sign the back of the board after,id loved to have seen how he reacted to that.
    some game though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

Just in, what did Taylor say?

Was telling MVG to hurry up and get outta the way during the match.

Advertisement