Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam Of Darts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

some entertainment,dont want this game to finish:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Waites is one really likeable player,refuses to bend and really cool!No antics and appreciating his opponents (MVG's) form unlike a lot of others. Getting annoyed with Sky's obsession with the World's--this is an equally if not a better tournament i think,can't they give it a rest for a while--constant ads making little of this one almost..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah it really is incredible darts from both. Great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Great game that, can't see anyone beating MVG now.

Waites is my new favorite darts player, hope he makes the switch to the PDC soon. Very likeable guy.

40 180s. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What a game. van Gerwen unstoppable in that form, hope he goes on to win it.
    Waites just doesn't give up, super player.

• Advertisement

What a pity Scotty missed 11's,also wish that was the final,but at least we have 3 more games to go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

yeah,You really have to like Waites
    i go up to city west every year but this is the tournament i really want to go to now,brilliant brilliant tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

It would be great to see an All Dutch final tomorrow night. Another great day of darts,personally I think this tournament has passed out the World Matchplay as the 2nd biggest tournament in the PDC calendar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭shockframe

Treble20 wrote: »
    It would be great to see an All Dutch final tomorrow night. Another great day of darts,personally I think this tournament has passed out the World Matchplay as the 2nd biggest tournament in the PDC calendar.

For me its the best PDC tournament right now.The fact that its really the only tournament that has players from both sides (altough lopsided in favour of the pdc) makes it as good as it is.

The matchplay being on in the summer doesnt help though thats more to do with clashing with the GAA.from the GSOD to mid january this is darts season.

Some game between MVG and waites.waites had 2 big finish chances to level it to 14-14 but MVG was a bit better.no fault on waites and in fairness given the sulking from MR.T and some others in tournaments conducted himself well.surely gonna move to the pdc after tonight.dont like MVG all that much I have to say but he has thrown some fair arrows over the last few days.he is the best player left in it.

good to see barney back in form but I would be fearful he will revert to pdc type against hamilton.even though hes playing well he could mess it all up tomorrow afternoon.

shockframe wrote: »
    surely gonna move to the pdc after tonight.

he didn't move after he won it, so not sure why he might after losing a quarter final.

I suspect whether he moves will be determined by whether he wins a BDO World title.

• Advertisement

9-6 to Barney after a shaky start. Decent game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's great to see Barney so fired up and passionate again. He is looking very good at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

gogogo Barney

RVB v MVG final has a nice ring to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Yeah my view is Waites wants to come over as BDO CHAMP.

barney has turned it on since last break great darts

Made hard work of that in the end.

MvG is unbeatable in this form. It's just pure genius

Poor auld Deano. van Gerwen in ruthless form. Last 2 checkouts were ridiculous.
    Round half the board with 2 trebles and a double and then a double double. Brilliant stuff.

Poor old Deano, he'll age another 10 years after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tippman26

this man is a machine!!!

180's scored before the semi's today,Taylor's 1 sticks out,of course he goes down the board a lot but still it's a bit miserly..(7 180's between the top 3 ranked players)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Grand_Slam_of_Darts

Scott Waites 23
    Michael van Gerwen 20
    Raymond van Barneveld 20
    Christian Kist 19
    Gary Anderson 17
    Wes Newton 14
    Andy Hamilton 13
    Kevin Painter 12
    Dean Winstanley 11
    Tony O'Shea 9
    Terry Jenkins 8
    Simon Whitlock 7
    Wesley Harms 6
    Steve Beaton 6
    Wayne Jones 6
    Robert Thornton 5
    Arron Monk 5
    Mark Walsh 5
    James Hubbard 5
    Mervyn King 4
    Brendan Dolan 4
    Paul Nicholson 4
    Adrian Lewis 4
    Ted Hankey 4
    Mark Webster 3
    Martin Phillips 3
    John Part 2
    Co Stompé 2
    James Wade 2
    Jan Dekker 2
    Phil Taylor 1
    Barrie Bates 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Final's going to be short tonight. MVG to win comfortably. I'd say that the first 12 legs or so will be tight, maybe 7-5 MVG. Then, he'll turn on the afterburners and from there on in, it'll be one way traffic. Wouldn't mind being wrong, as I like Barney but, yeah, MVG is unstoppable on current form.

MVG not hitting the form of the past few games so far and Barney taking advantage and leading 11-9 at present. Still time for Van Gerwen to turn the game around but Barney looks determined tonight to win a Major title for the first time in 5 years. The next session will be make or break for Van Gerwen.

Another 170 from MVG! :D

Well done Barney. Well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Delighted for Barney. Great to see him win a tv major once again. Hopefully he kicks on from here and gets back to the level we know he can reach.

Ah great to see. Hard to imagine its 5 years since his last major.

Well done Barney, van Gerwen nowhere near his form throughout the competition.
    Exciting final but not a great standard compared to what has been served up over the last week.

Overall it's been one of the best tournaments I can remember. Only the World Championship will be ahead of this in the competition I'll be most looking forward to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Welcome back Raymond :D

Delighted for Barney tonight. There was conversations here on the forum about Barney and his downward spiral in recent times and it was hard to see him winning a major again and myself included thought the Dutch legend would keep slipping down the rankings but great to see him prove all the critics wrong and win a Major again after 5 and a half years. Van Gerwen will bounce back,Ally Pally 2013 could be his 1st World title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Joekers

Absolutley thrilled for Barney

Advertisement