Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam Of Darts

123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Delighted for Barney. I, like many others, had written Barney off for not having the mental strength to compete anymore buy he proved me and everyone else wrong this week. He just seemed like a completely different man, he had confidence and belief in himself again and it worked wonders for him.

Hard look on MvG because he was definitely the player of the tournament but Barney played a very clever game and took out the big shots to never let him get level.

Great tournament. Players Championships up next and then the big one!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Great win for barney. When is world championships starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Great win for barney. When is world championships starting
    December 14th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

The Players Championship is another cracking tournament on November 30th-December 2nd and even better again it's on free to air channel ITV4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Good job Barney. Like others have said I didn't think Barney had another big title in him. Hopefully it's not a flash in the pan. Barney's been so frustrating to watch in recent years. Thought he might have blown it hitting that single 5 in the second last leg when going for tops. Great stuff winning the last leg in 11 darts against the throw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

December 14th
    It's hard to miss the start date with Sky's obsession with promoting it all week."And now let's look at what happened in the 2007 final" with the player's still on stage.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Treble20 wrote: »
    The Players Championship is another cracking tournament on November 30th-December 2nd and even better again it's on free to air channel ITV4!

Are you sure you can get it over here, It was blocked on UPC the last time they showed it. No sign of Satanta showing it this year :(

hawkwing wrote: »
    It's hard to miss the start date with Sky's obsession with promoting it all week."And now let's look at what happened in the 2007 final" with the player's still on stage.:confused:
    I'd say Grand Slam sponsors William Hill weren't too happy with all the publicity their rivals Ladbrokes were getting in Sky's promotion of the World Championship!

buster180 wrote: »
    Are you sure you can get it over here, It was blocked on UPC the last time they showed it. No sign of Satanta showing it this year :(
    I have it tuned into my Sky box and I also have the channel on a saorview/combi box. I do remember last year people saying that ITV4 was blocked on UPC for some reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭shockframe

Even though Barney came out of his group I expected him to go no further.Its good to see him win a major but for someone of his quality 5 years without a major is a very poor run of results.

It wasnt my greatest prediction but on all evidence it was hard to make a case for him this week.woeful form,damaged by defeats to taylor, and a dozen or so players able to challenge him now as opposed to the 2 horse race between him and taylor in 2007 for instance.

Though MVG was the best player this week Barney is a worthy winner.A below par barney hasnt been good for the game and the early exit of him and taylor last year led to what was the second worst PDC WC in the last 10 years (2008 being the nadir).

It would be brilliant if Barney could make a success of the worlds next month but even after that win I still have my doubts.All it takes is one bad set and the head shaking might start.the field is extremely competitive now compared to his 2007 so he aint likely to face journeymen like alan tabern or andy jenkins the further he goes.in fact I would go as far as to say it was the east convincing major he has won and had a lot to do with his game slowing down on what it once was.

A dire group stage but a fine knockout end.An exceptional weekend of darts.cant wait for the players championship and the zuiderduin next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Well done barney. Is he a contender at the World's? Sadly I think not but would bloody love to be proven wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

probably booked his place in the premier league for another year.....well done barney well played.....:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

did back barney after he showed touch of class in semi's he was written off bit quick, think his expedience on big stage told, might even keep an eye on bdo hoping waites can win it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14 layercake1

MVG the winner (unstopable)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 layercake1

welldone barney :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Is it just me or does Barney have the worst celebration ever???? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Gotya wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Barney have the worst celebration ever???? :D

Its just you...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Whats the story with Ted Hankey? I know he was out of it during his Match to Van Gerwan and the perception was he was under the influence, but is it true he actually had a mild stroke during that match??

Apparently docs saying he needs a long break from darts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

Whats the story with Ted Hankey? I know he was out of it during his Match to Van Gerwan and the perception was he was under the influence, but is it true he actually had a mild stroke during that match??

Apparently docs saying he needs a long break from darts.

A quote from his manager:

"The docs have confirm that @TedHankeyDarts has had a stroke he's got very high cholesterol and blood pressure and diabetes got to have 6/8 weeks rest and will need more tests in the coming weeks the doctors report will confirm this might use it to sue the people"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Sue what people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

Tarzann wrote: »
    Sue what people?

The tweet had no punctuation or capitalisation so it's hard to understand but I guess he means The People newspaper. Maybe they printed something bad about him?

There could be a lot of Defendants!

Advertisement