Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping Marketing Calls etc

Options
  • 10-11-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

My Mum is an old age pensioner and about two years ago i rang Eircom to ask them to help stop these marketing and survey people ringing my Mums phone, and it seemed they did but now

Unfortunately she is getting these harrassing calls i was under the Impression that if they did this when they were not suppose to that they would be breaking the law,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

Place the phone down beside the radio and go make a cup of tea.

The sales team will enjoy chatting to the radio adverts. I do it all the time :)

On a more serious note I would suggest a call to Eircom customer services to discuss the issue, am sure they could do without any more negative publicity lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

faolteam wrote: »
    My Mum is an old age pensioner and about two years ago i rang Eircom to ask them to help stop these marketing and survey people ringing my Mums phone, and it seemed they did but now

Unfortunately she is getting these harrassing calls i was under the Impression that if they did this when they were not suppose to that they would be breaking the law,

Hi faolteam

It is possible that even though remove4d from our marketing data base the number may exist on other data bases.. I can have this checked for you and remove from ours if not already done.. Can you advise me if the calls she receives are just eircom calls or other?
    Thanks
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Hi faolteam

It is possible that even though remove4d from our marketing data base the number may exist on other data bases.. I can have this checked for you and remove from ours if not already done.. Can you advise me if the calls she receives are just eircom calls or other?
    Thanks
    Tony

No its other people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

faolteam wrote: »
    No its other people

Hi faolteam,

We only have the facility to remove eircom customers from sales and marketing calls from telecommunication companies I'm afraid.

Is it from other telephone providers?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement