Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No more devices as we known (smartphones, tablets, laptops)...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Its a pile of sh**e if you ask me:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Apple are shits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

What a pile of crap, as if that would stand up in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TheTech suggested that it will just be used to prevent 1:1 clones of the casings of apple devices. I'd have to agree that thats likely what will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

What's the problem? Sur Apple are the best anyway! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

What a pile of crap, as if that would stand up in court.

That didn't work so well in the last court case. I think the jury didn't consider whether a patent was valid. They assumed because a patent was granted it must be valid.

Does the EU have to honour these patents too? Are patents a worldwide system or is it per country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Even if we don't have to deal with US patents, states are biggest and most important market for mobile devices. NOBODY will produce device not for sale in USA (except Chinese and Japan, they have their own big markets). I presume this is end of Samsung supremacy on telephone/tablets market - unless they will get some agreement with Apple ($$$$$$$) which means higher price of final product. I hate Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Does anyone own the patent design for the wheel/circle?

I have an idea.. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

won't have an effect,just introduce sphereical corners as close to round as they can get.

Advertisement