Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Long Have You Let Your Hair Grow?

• 10-11-2012 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

It's a question for the men really I suppose. I haven't had length taken off my hair since October 2011, I've had it thinned and styled but have let it grow. I'm 24 now and from my late teens I always had kind of an Oasis/Beatles style cut but last year I just decided I'd grow it out. I like the results, its naturally wavy and is about shoulder length. I'm lucky to be in a profession where a neat and tidy haircut is not a requirement. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

About Beetle length. Have had it very short at times.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I'm as bald as a coot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

This long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Had long hair down past my shoulders. I remember after getting it cut, for weeks I was still in the habit of pushing it back behind my ear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I'm as bald as a coot ;)

Where? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

about two years....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Nothing sexier than long hair on a guy.
    My husband's hair was longer than mine until recently (mine is fairly long).
    Now his is just below shoulder length.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

about two years....

Were you happy with it? What kind of hair do you have, does it grow straight and thin or thick and wavy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Since I was a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Mines down to the bottom of my shoulder blades at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

10 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

So, I see you like capital letters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Had long hair for 10 years, it had grown to past the midpoint of my back. Recently got it cut so its at a sort of "Hobbit" length now.

5 years without a cut and now I'm bald. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

So, I see you like capital letters.

I always use caps when I'm typing a title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I had long hair - let it grow for about 2 years, down to my shoulders, then shaved it all off. Raised €2500 and donated the hair to the wig making place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Down around my shoulders at one point when I was about 15...

But my hair is a little curly when it gets long, so it took ages for it to get to that length.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Just down past my shoulders, but it's thick and curly! I like it but sadly nobody else seems to, so feck them!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I know I will get abuse for this but I despise long hair on guys! Loads if my friends went through that metal phase in their teens of having long hair and once they cut it they got so much more girl attention! I think it ruins guys looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

I usually keep mine relatively short. Sometimes I'll let it grow a bit for a few months but never anywhere near what would be considered long. It just starts to annoy me. I love the feeling of having my head shaved and it's very low maintenance but it can be a bit cold.

I don't like long hair on guys but that's none of my business so to each their own and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I had mine long until the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Long hair on fella's is plain girly !!

Now mullets, real men have mullets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Probably 3 months maybe pushing 4. I let it grow out because of sheer laziness this summer to the point I was getting One Direction jibes so I said fvck this and went straight for the buzz cut. Turns out so did one of them too.

So I had to endure being known as Liam Payne for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

reginald wrote: »

Now mullets, real men have mullets :D

Business in the front, party in the back, sure :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I had hair down most of my back and had it dreadlocked, missed my normal hair so cut them off about 2 and a half years ago, havent got a cut since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

danslevent wrote: »
    I know I will get abuse for this but I despise long hair on guys! Loads if my friends went through that metal phase in their teens of having long hair and once they cut it they got so much more girl attention! I think it ruins guys looks.

I quite like it, as long as it's clean. And not balding on top. The combo of a bald pate and a long pony tail is really not a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Marine 1 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Had it about 3/4 the length of my back at one point, when it was wet it was at my waste.

Done with that now - hops in for a 5 minute shower - that's better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

As my Grandmother used to say:

"Tidy hair, tidy mind.
    Shiny shoes, shiny bellend"

Bless her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Let it grow down to my shoulders from 16-18. Then got it shaved off during lunch one day. Got a lot of funny looks that afternoon. Geography teacher stopped mid-sentence, stared at me for a few seconds, made some remark I don't remember, then got back to teaching.

Women who've since seen the pictures say the short hair is much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Mine's never been awfully long, just to the point where's it's visible to myself and a little down the back of my neck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

danslevent wrote: »
    Funny, it wss the other way around for me. No one ever commented on my hair when it was business standard short back-and-sides and scissors on top, but I grew it out into a curly mop and get complimented on it frequently now. It's a bit like this guy's.

Maybe you're referring to the ponytail down the back look, which I'd agree is pulled off well by about 1.5% of wearers.

It's a really subjective thing anyway. There are loads of lads who think short hair on a chick is just boyish, but I find it sexy as ****.
    reginald wrote: »
    Yeah man, the first time I saw this bloke I was thinking "How the **** did a chick get on the French rugby team? :confused:"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Ive got lovely long hair down my back.

None on my head,just my back.

Ive also got a rasta arse.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Yeah man, the first time I saw this bloke I was thinking "How the **** did a chick get on the French rugby team? :confused:"
    What a sissy. I'd say he paints his nails before games and tidies the changing rooms afterwards. ;) :P

Ive got lovely long hair down my back.

None on my head,just my back.

Ive also got a rasta arse.
    A rasta arse? I can probably guess, but please to be explaining for me just in case please, hmm?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

At the moment, my hair is half way down my back and I intend to let it grow to waist level. I just love my long hair and I am never going to cut it. I find that most women like my long hair and want to feel it. Sometimes, I have been mistaken for a woman, but I have no problem with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have been mistaken for a woman, but I have no problem with that.

Grow a beard. Worked for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Almost four years. I get about an inch off every now and then to take care of dead ends though. Goes down almost halfway down my back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

I have had long hair for at least the last 15 years.
    I have been told to cut it because women like short hair, I've been told not to cut it because women love long hair.
    I've been told to cut it because long hair is for girls.

I like my hair long.
    I didn't grow it to "get chicks".
    I'm not going to cut it to "get chicks".

Also strange women comming up and stroking my hair is a bit annoying.
    One girl asked if she could put some hair spray in it and even though I said no she whipped out a can from her bag and sprayed it while my back was turned. That was much more annoying than the walking up behind me and stroking it to "check how soft it is"...

It'll probably have to go soon though. Getting thin on top :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I have to get it cut once a month, i have a dracula hairline so it looks even worse if it gets a bit long. Think its nearly time for the dreaded number 1 all over :(

• Advertisement

Double post.

Triple post wtf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I once didn't get it cut for five years. It used to cover the length of my back. I'd probably still wear it long except I'm going grey. I don't have many grey hairs but having long hair made them look more noticeable.

I got it cut two years ago and have kept it short since. Now I get it cut every three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I got my hair cut this morning after many months. I feel naked. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I have grown it as far as my waste/ass twice, just got sick of sitting on it and having to throw it over my shoulder when taking a crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mckenzie84

I get it cut every 4-6 weeks. I always get either a blade 0 or a blade 1(prepares for scumbag remarks) and my hair grows very slowly so it's always less than a half an inch long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

2 ft was probably the longest, grew a goatee to about 8 inches once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I always wanted my hair to be long and straight,like Jesus :-) Instead it went out and up and all curly like Afros,Hated my hair for years so I just kept it short and when I lived in hot countries abroad shaved the lot of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Grew it for about two years, had it halfway down my back.

Got that all chopped off a few years ago, but sometimes I miss it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I grew it about beetle long also , 3 quarters down my back. It is shorter now though

• Advertisement
Advertisement