Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Black Ops 2] MegaBitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Spawn into a game on drone. Run to the end of the map and kill a sniper with a c4. Host migration. Starts again asking me to pick a class. 0 kills 0 deaths. What the fcuk?

Happens me all the time can be half way through a game streaks all ready to go and host migration and all stats back to zero, is a bit of a joke really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Happens me all the time can be half way through a game streaks all ready to go and host migration and all stats back to zero, is a bit of a joke really....

I've noticed that time deployed for score streaks is counted as active during host migration. Doesn't pause it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rabies wrote: »
    I've noticed that time deployed for score streaks is counted as active during host migration. Doesn't pause it.

Thought that was fixed in the last patch? - they definitely mentioned something about the VSAT time not running on.

Rabies wrote: »

Noticed that alright, my problem is half way through a game host migration and my stats all reset zero kill/deaths/caps etc. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

What are the best attachments/ class to use with the peacemaker? i cant seem to utilise it properaly!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

risteardb wrote: »
    What are the best attachments/ class to use with the peacemaker? i cant seem to utilise it properaly!!!

The best class seems to be Flak Jacket(with Lightweight or Ghost)/Scavenger
    C4
    Silencer / Extended Mags / Quickdraw

and swapping it for the msmc or an94 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Seridisand wrote: »
    The best class seems to be Flak Jacket(with Lightweight or Ghost)/Scavenger
    C4
    Silencer / Extended Mags / Quickdraw

and swapping it for the msmc or an94 :pac:

I've used the peacemaker quite a bit now and I'd second all of this post - Great gun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

It just goes to show you how much interest people have lost in this game. I am not attacking the game but usually when a new map pack is released there is usually a big stir on this forum but not today. Last year people were really hyped up but even then I seen a drop in interest compared with previous years....but not one person has even mentioned it.

This is the first map pack I've not bought and I've no plans to get it anytime soon tbh. Generally, I think more and more people are holding off on jumping in straight away. It just seems they have a bigger job trying to get us to part with our cash. And that's only a good thing as DLC's will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

started downloading it at lunchtime. 1.73gb for it so didn't download i time to play before I got back to work. to be honest I'm not overly excited about the maps but i got the season pass so might as well get them.
    I don't have a huge dislike for the game but get tired of it easily and go back to mw3 cos its easier. can't seem to get high streaks and play awful going up levels between prestiges.
    find it very difficult without c4s and scavanger. i do look forward to new zombies though. play it every weekend 4 player splitscreen and still enjoy playing die rise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I've tried to download them twice but it's coming up with an error code. ****ing piece of ****!!

I was at 40% then it drops to 22%. Wtf?

Yousef wrote: »
    It just goes to show you how much interest people have lost in this game. I am not attacking the game but usually when a new map pack is released there is usually a big stir on this forum but not today. Last year people were really hyped up but even then I seen a drop in interest compared with previous years....but not one person has even mentioned it.

This is the first map pack I've not bought and I've no plans to get it anytime soon tbh. Generally, I think more and more people are holding off on jumping in straight away. It just seems they have a bigger job trying to get us to part with our cash. And that's only a good thing as DLC's will improve.

These season passes are a balls as well, you're basically taking a 50 euro gamble that its going to be worth it. It should operate on a loyalty basis - as in if you buy every map pack you get the same discount as if you bought the pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It has been mentioned but definitely nothing compared to BLOPs1. I don't think people were too pushed on MW3 map packs either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

I know a lot are on here grumbling about how blops2 plays, but as a player who has to use 3G to get connected due to being out in the country, and the 200ms ping I'm regularly having to play with (yeah I know it's pants), I do find this latest game plays much better for me than previous versions. My kill count is now around 14 per game instead of 8, I'm getting streaks of upto 6 instead of 3 max, and most games are enjoyable.
    However there are games were I'm a good 1/2 sec behind the opposition resulting in my death, the system still drops an über player with 30 kills into a fight where the rest of us are averaging 14, and the cheaters that move like lightning and jump like a kangaroo with machine gun fire rate shotguns are still allowed into the games.
    I suppose when you look at all the different connection speeds its amazing the game works at all!

It's still the only game I play regular, well until GTA comes back with hopefully a return to its magical San Andreas style game setting and vehicles!!!

Migworks wrote: »
    I know a lot are on here grumbling about how blops2 plays, but as a player who has to use 3G to get connected due to being out in the country, and the 200ms ping I'm regularly having to play with (yeah I know it's pants), I do find this latest game plays much better for me than previous versions. My kill count is now around 14 per game instead of 8, I'm getting streaks of upto 6 instead of 3 max, and most games are enjoyable.
    However there are games were I'm a good 1/2 sec behind the opposition resulting in my death, the system still drops an über player with 30 kills into a fight where the rest of us are averaging 14, and the cheaters that move like lightning and jump like a kangaroo with machine gun fire rate shotguns are still allowed into the games.
    I suppose when you look at all the different connection speeds its amazing the game works at all!

It's still the only game I play regular, well until GTA comes back with hopefully a return to its magical San Andreas style game setting and vehicles!!!

Yup, enjoyiing it myself at the moment, in spite of all the flaws. I hadnt played a COD title online since the Original Modern Warfare, so maybe I'm not as jaded as people who've been at it year after year - perfect example: playing demolition the other night on Nuketown, my first time playing this gamemode ever, it went to overtime and I managed to get the game winning plant - i actually yelped out loud when we won. may even have wee'd a little too:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

3 league games in a row our 2 team mates have left (2 man party). Thanks lads!
    Won't be masters much longer at this rate :pac:

• Advertisement

I wonder will the next cod have league play? Seen as no one plays it in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I wonder will the next cod have league play? Seen as no one plays it in this one.

6k on it everytime I go on, hardly no one. Doubt they were expecting more than that on it anyway. Doubt we will see it again until the next Treyarch title though.

AdamD wrote: »
    6k on it everytime I go on, hardly no one. Doubt they were expecting more than that on it anyway. Doubt we will see it again until the next Treyarch title though.

There's 333,418 online atm and there's 5,227 playing league. I don't think even they will bring it back.

There's 333,418 online atm and there's 5,227 playing league. I don't think even they will bring it back.

They will because of the competitive side of it.

First game on in about 1 week. Boosters on turbine.

Do they actually do anything when you report these spastics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

actually spotted 2 yokes boosting with tac inserts in one of the upstairs rooms in nuketown yesterday. don't see it too often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

studio is quite a good map, i went in behind a wooden cart to reload, i didnt spot the fuel drums on it, next thing boom, i was only on away from my vsat, i wont be doing that again, snipers in the top tower are anoying, there was two up there yesterday with tac insertions, the london map encore is good, seems to be quite open, has close quaters and long range.
    i see nuketown is in the regular playlist, what a f""k up of a map, spawn trapped for a whole game by a team of knob heads

studio is quite a good map, i went in behind a wooden cart to reload, i didnt spot the fuel drums on it, next thing boom, i was only on away from my vsat, i wont be doing that again, snipers in the top tower are anoying, there was two up there yesterday with tac insertions, the london map encore is good, seems to be quite open, has close quaters and long range.
    i see nuketown is in the regular playlist, what a f""k up of a map, spawn trapped for a whole game by a team of knob heads

Smoke granades and thermal scope on lsat works wonders for that if you have a couple of decent players on your team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I will give it a try, I play on my own most of the time so when I come up against a team of trappers I don't have much of a chance, smoke grenades are a good idea thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DeSmasher

this map pack is the best of them so far, has turned me from hating the game to actually maybe nearly just maybe liking it again, that and hardcore domination.

I will give it a try, I play on my own most of the time so when I come up against a team of trappers I don't have much of a chance, smoke grenades are a good idea thanks

Why do you play on your own? Playing with a team is miles better

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DeSmasher

COD is useless any way, not half the game that battlefield 2 is let alone BF 3, COD is for campers and people with no skill. Battlefield has tanks and choppers, just like real life. You can blow up walls in battlefield, just like real life. All COD is good for is dying. You can drive vehicles in BF, just like real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

DeSmasher wrote: »
    COD is useless any way, not half the game that battlefield 2 is let alone BF 3, COD is for campers and people with no skill. Battlefield has tanks and choppers, just like real life. You can blow up walls in battlefield, just like real life. All COD is good for is dying. You can drive vehicles in BF, just like real life.

Emmm maybe you're just useless at COD then ?

I play other shooting games (that's right with tanks and choppers), and I quite enjoy them. But I also enjoy COD too. I don't see why it has to be one or the other :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Different game for different interests, not minding your skill level. A game of COD can be 5-7 mins whereas a game of BF3 is 30 mins long ... personally i like both games although COD cannot be beaten for its speed and fast access, personal preference of course. BF3 just moves alot slow not like REAL LIFE but more like a slowly turning ship heading for an iceberg ;)

As for getting trapped in COD by playing alone, you only need to keep with it and you will find ways out of such situations with different strategies and methods - smoke grenades suck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anyone playing one videogame over another for realism should probably join the army in real life.......or possibly seek professional help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

thats bull****. ive tried each and every shooting game of the past few years and ive sold them all within a week because theyre so ****. cod is by far the greatest fps ive ever played. cod is for dying? for non skilled players and 6 year olds yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

CMOD: DeSmasher, 1 week ban from COD forum due to cross-forum trolling in COD and BF forums.

COD mods, PM sent to you regarding reasons for stepping in (cross forum trolling across multiple games category).

MarkY91 wrote: »
    thats bull****. ive tried each and every shooting game of the past few years and ive sold them all within a week because theyre so ****. cod is by far the greatest fps ive ever played. cod is for dying? for non skilled players and 6 year olds yes.

Battlefield is CRAPTACULAR on console. Perhaps that's why you exchanged it?

On PC? Oh, now that's a different beast altogether. COD is absolutely dismal on PC. It's a console game. Not bashing it but the demographics are quite different. It's quite a contrast listening to BF community and then the COD one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Give it a rest lads, both are the same at what they do. You wanna play with tanks go play battlefield, you wanna put bacon on your gun, go play COD.

Why cant they get along?

lkionm wrote: »
    Give it a rest lads, both are the same at what they do. You wanna play with tanks go play battlefield, you wanna put bacon on your gun, go play COD.

Why cant they get along?

lol

Battlefield is CRAPTACULAR on console. Perhaps that's why you exchanged it?

On PC? Oh, now that's a different beast altogether. COD is absolutely dismal on PC. It's a console game. Not bashing it but the demographics are quite different. It's quite a contrast listening to BF community and then the COD one.

i dont play games on pc so i wouldnt know. to be fair, medal of honor multiplayer is quite good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i dont play games on pc so i wouldnt know. to be fair, medal of honor multiplayer is quite good

ok i could handle the bf3 comments but yours takes the biscuit :pac: moh modern ones, have possible been the worst fps modern shooter games released

both games flopped big time :pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    ok i could handle the bf3 comments but yours takes the biscuit :pac: moh modern ones, have possible been the worst fps modern shooter games released

both games flopped big time :pac:

all i can say is that i enjoyed moh multiplayer experience for a week or two. i didnt enjoy 1 thing about bf multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

The game is almost unplayable due to the amount of quickscoping going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The game is almost unplayable due to the amount of camping going on.

FYP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

On what platform? Very rarely see it on Xbox, though it is annoying when you go up against a party of them. No fear of losing, just very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

On what platform? Very rarely see it on Xbox, though it is annoying when you go up against a party of them. No fear of losing, just very annoying

I don't think I've ever been in a game with more than 2 on the other team. If I get pissed off I just go to mercenary moshpit which can be very difficult to get a game in but once you do it can be COD bliss. I reckon yer man got into a game with 1 or 2 snipers in there, got killed a few times and went off in a huff. Obviously everyone has those games where nothing goes right and they blame everything other than themselves (god knows I've done it countless times). I gave up on MW3 after a few months despite having bought the hardened edition but still finding anything overly difficult to criticise in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Go play Hardcore games there is alot less of it going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Delboy007 wrote: »

Then he will complain that people dont use silencers and he cant see them on his map.

No snipers in hardcore? It's nothing but snipers, pistols and shotties :pac: **and pacman, always at least one pacman

• Advertisement

No snipers in hardcore? It's nothing but snipers, pistols and shotties :pac: **and pacman, always at least one pacman

I dont know were u are baisng this, i play Harcore Team death match 95% of the time and there is no way they are more snipers in HTDM that is core game, as in core game one shot kill with snipers, hardcoce this is the case for most guns, in core u have to put in near a full clip in Harcore 2 shout will do.

hardcoce this is the case for most guns, in core u have to put in near a full clip in Harcore 2 shout will do.

After finally deciphering your reply, I'm basing this on Hardcore Dom.

No idea what this is about?
    hardcoce this is the case for most guns, in core u have to put in near a full clip in Harcore 2 shout will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I agree plenty of people camp with the SVU-AS or the XPR 50 .

After finally deciphering your reply, I'm basing this on Hardcore Dom.

No idea what this is about?

You are saying that they are loads of snipers in Hardcore games (I play Hardcore Team Death match 95% of the time), I say they are very few snipers in hardcore Team death match as it is one shot kill with a sniper rifle, and in Hardcore game mode it only takes 1 to 2 shots to kill a guy so why would you be bothered using a sniper rifle when u can kill as guy as quick with other guns.

As in core games you need to put a full clip (loads of bullets) into a guy to kill him, that is why they are loads of snipers in core games.

So what I am saying is if you are pissed u off with snipers in core game mode go play Hardcore game modes. And I takes more skill to play Hardcore games modes than core games anyway

To you point on camper in Hardcore there is more of them in Core games, I never camp and when I do come up against them when they kill u once u know were they are and they never get you again.

Hardcore games are way better than core game.

You are saying that they are loads of snipers in Hardcore games (I play Hardcore Team Death match 95% of the time), I say they are very few snipers in hardcore Team death match as it is one shot kill with a sniper rifle, and in Hardcore game mode it only takes 1 to 2 shots to kill a guy so why would you be bothered using a sniper rifle when u can kill as guy as quick with other guns.

As in core games you need to put a full clip (loads of bullets) into a guy to kill him, that is why they are loads of snipers in core games.

So what I am saying is if you are pissed u off with snipers in core game mode go play Hardcore game modes. And I takes more skill to play Hardcore games modes than core games anyway

To you point on camper in Hardcore there is more of them in Core games, I never camp and when I do come up against them when they kill u once u know were they are and they never get you again.

Hardcore games are way better than core game.

Personally, I love snipers in core games, spinning around and getting all shot up.
    It's snipers in Hardcore DOM that annoy me, spamming an SVU faster than I can spam mine :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement