Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Black Ops 2] MegaBitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thecon21 wrote: »
    Many people using the Sentry guns? I've been using them in Dom, there's always a great spot to put them near the 'B' flag, I've been regularly getting two sentry's up around pointing towards the 'B' area. Notched up 70 kills on raid with the help of them..

I like being able to control them.

anyone using the riot shield? its cool being able to plant it into the ground and use it as cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Headshot wrote: »
    Im not sure what its like on the consoles but its so strange using a mouse on the game. Its like there's acceleration on somewhere and since they locked the config :rolleyes::rolleyes:. You cant do anything about it

I firmly believe its the reason why hip firing is an epidemic on the pc

Seen it as well, bit unsure was it my mouse settings. it's a while since I'd played a COD game.
    Was it mouse lag? I had it when I first played it so I turned off "Sync every frame" and it's back to normal now.
    Magill wrote: »
    Yeah thats more than likely vsync dude... i've no mouse accel or any problems with how the mouse feels at all.

Also think it can happen the otherway if you turn off vsync and leave the frames set to unlimited the frame rate varies - currently capping them at 120 and it holds steady

can someone check if nuketown 24/7 is gone? apparently they've pulled it, after a week thats a load of fcuking bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Some of these maps are just appalling....the one one the small boat - you can just aim your gun into the enemy spawn as they're spawning. Slums/carrier - no one moves, they just head glitch. The amount if kill streaks in every game of Tdm is laughable.

They're actually getting worse at making cod games, not better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

krudler wrote: »
    can someone check if nuketown 24/7 is gone? apparently they've pulled it, after a week thats a load of fcuking bull****.

Gone on Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

According to Vonderhaars Twitter it was only there for the double XP weekend and now its only playable in custom mathches. Stupidest thing I've ever heard.
    David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger. +
    Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

****ing stupid *****.

So they sold the game based on the premise of nuketown being for early adopters, and you get it for a WEEK!? what horsesh1t.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

This fckin sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Sneaky *****

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

30487700.jpg

Been a week and I've been able to play zombies online. Constantly analyzing matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So they sold the game based on the premise of nuketown being for early adopters, and you get it for a WEEK!? what horsesh1t.

I assumed, like most, that it would go into the normal rotation after moshpit ended. Treyarch could find themselves on the end of a class action lawsuit from some litigious yanks if they're not very careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

That's bloody stupid. Why even bother?
    Just put it in the bloody rotation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Been a week and I've been able to play zombies online. Constantly analyzing matches.

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

Same, 23k+ people playing tranzit mode, never mind grief/survival mode, and cant get a game atall.

Cant believe they got rid of nuketown playlist. Its on the ****ing game case that its inclided ffs! Tbh i didnt play it alot but it was always a nice alternative when you just wanted a cluster**** game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Tonight this game has gone absolutely f*cking HAYWIRE on me....

I am second to everything and when I say everything, I mean ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. Not 9 out of 10 times, not 9 and half out of 10 times....I am speaking about the kind of feeling you get when you know you're in a lobby with hackers....

Except there is no hackers around whatsoever...yet everyone is in GOD MODE....****ing lag compensation...it was going so well for me....but I got to say now, with this kind of BS system the game, no matter how good it was, is TOTALLY and DEFINITIVELY UNPLAYABLE.

I'm just raping my stats - not that I give one flying f*ck about them but sure whats the point when you know it's not a level playing field?! F*ck it. I'm no Action Man when it comes to CoD, but I'm certainly not a negative player....I always go positive. When are they going to come to their senses and take lag comp out forever?! They're ruining their own game...lolz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Nuketown was a good alternative, stupid advertising 24/7 and its gone in a week, getting people to pre order and pay extra in game shops, ridiculous.
    Glad I got mine in tesco at no extra, still p--sed off about nuketown

wonder was it treyarch or activision who ordered it to be taken down, people are going mental on the blops facebook pages, rightly so. how many people bought it for presents for christmas and now an advertised feature isnt on the disc? its printed on the case and now isnt included, no small print saying its a limited time or can be removed, i wouldnt be surprised if treyarch face multiple class action lawsuits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I've a good mind to return the feckin thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Is it still possible to refund this crap to where I bought it (GameStop)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God damn I just get tired of this ****ing lag. And what makes it worse the pc is suppose to have dedicated servers. Dedicated servers my hole. If your on 3 bar, the difference is immense. 1 on 1 with a 4 bar and 9/10 the 4 bar kills ya

Why oh why is there no recoil in the game? ****ing pathetic thinking by Treyarch

• Registered Users Posts: 20 watchall

Talking to my cousin about them removing the Nuketown map. He said If anyone wanted to Sue activision because they removed the map they would have a good case as it was false advertising on their part. They never stated that the map was playable for a limited time when advertising . Oh yeah My cousin is a Layer.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was annoying that the map wasn't on rotation In the first place since I don't like mosh pitting it but taking it down altogether is an absolute ****ing pisstake. Why the **** did I pre order the game? First and last time I will ever do that, well done treyarch/activision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

watchall wrote: »
    Talking to my cousin about them removing the Nuketown map. He said If anyone wanted to Sue activision because they removed the map they would have a good case as it was false advertising on their part. They never stated that the map was playable for a limited time when advertising . Oh yeah My cousin is a Layer.

I'm sure Trayarch have it written somewhere that they can remove maps as they please, they'll have themselves covered somehow, a load of Layers is the last thing they want comin after them!!!
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was annoying that the map wasn't on rotation In the first place since I don't like mosh pitting it but taking it down altogether is an absolute ****ing pisstake. Why the **** did I pre order the game? First and last time I will ever do that, well done treyarch/activision.

I agree it's annoying/bullshît that they removed it and I agree it should of been in the normal rotation but what's the problem with preordering it if you were getting the game anyway? I did preorder just for nuketown but it cost me €3 and I was buying it anyway so makes no odds really

• Advertisement

Having only really played Nuketown since day one I gotta say, the other maps aren't all that great. Hopefully they'll grow on me over time.

Really pissed that they pulled the 24/7 - was a big draw for me to get the game in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 agentcrow

Anyone else still having freezing issues on ps3?

IPAM wrote: »
    I'm sure Trayarch have it written somewhere that they can remove maps as they please, they'll have themselves covered somehow, a load of Layers is the last thing they want comin after them!!!

I agree it's annoying/bullshît that they removed it and I agree it should of been in the normal rotation but what's the problem with preordering it if you were getting the game anyway? I did preorder just for nuketown but it cost me €3 and I was buying it anyway so makes no odds really

Each to their own of course, but Nuketown was the reason I picked up the game on release day and not three to six months down the line like I had intended to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

agentcrow wrote: »
    once or twice a night.pain in the a$$.Have to power off and then wait while it checks the file system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

agentcrow wrote: »

Its not as bad as it was just once a while. It seems to be pausing at the start of matches for a few seconds and then starting again. Another thing it keeps disconnecting me from the server in the middle of a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭SYDEWYNDER

Anyone else sick of losing every one vs one? Even when you get the drop on the guy, still manages to put you down. The honeymoon period is seriously ending for me.

It varies for me, I was on with CR and a few others last night playin Hardpoint and for most of the games I was doin pretty good, dying a lot but goin positive and getting a lot of caps, defends and winning a lot of 1v1! Then we had one bad game of Hardpoint and a disastrous game of DOM where I went about 12-38 or so :o I couldn't move without dying, couldn't win any 1v1 and the only way I was getting kills was luck!!

Not sure if it's me or the game but it seems to be happening to a lot of people

Yea I remember that, was truly a horrible session online for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭SYDEWYNDER

I play with aim assist off, always have and I thought maybe the aim assist might have been giving people the edge but I turned it on myself and no difference. Its getting on my wick.

Yea I remember that, was truly a horrible session online for a while!

Can't remember ever dashboarding before but I was seconds from doing it in that game! By far the worst I've ever played and considering I'm pretty ****, that's really sayin something :D

Can't remember ever dashboarding before but I was seconds from doing it in that game! By far the worst I've ever played and considering I'm pretty ****, that's really sayin something :D

Ha, yea, same same for me. Was going to use the auld "my internet went" excuse :p

Each to their own of course, but Nuketown was the reason I picked up the game on release day and not three to six months down the line like I had intended to!

This, nuketown was the reason I bought it early cos its a fun map, to take it away after 6 days is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Shower of money grabbing wheures!!!! For feck sake I have paid my €60 and paid early to get that map or any fecking maps that they have already developed but will sell them off in batches.

Corportated fúckbags the lot of them, expecting people to pay an extra €50 on top of the purchase price for bull**** extras and a few fúcking clantags and then horse out another piece of ****, lagging, dead mans hand less, headglitching game covered in American propaganda 12 months later, advertising recycled features from the last wánkstain of a game. (only a matter of time before "Dome" is playable on BLOP2)

And do you know what? We're bigger fools for going along with this shiiiiiiite! Every fúcking game has this now and the majority of us are horsing into the micro-points.
    All this DLC stuff is aload of money making bollox! Should be unlocked when you complete the main game or certain challenges whether it be black ops or Batman. They can fúck off if they think they'll get a penny more outta me.

Cowboys Ted! They're a Bunch of Cowboys!!

I think it's back in a playlist Ted Podge:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I think it's back in a playlist Ted Podge:pac:

Still though,why should people pay extra for a map that there's a chance of playing. Even though I got Nuketown without preordering, it was the map I played most in the week I've had the game.

I'd love to know who made the decision to pull the 24/7 playlist.

• Advertisement

Chavways wrote: »
    Still though,why should people pay extra for a map that there's a chance of playing. Even though I got Nuketown without preordering, it was the map I played most in the week I've had the game.

I'd love to know why they made the decision to pull the 24/7 playlist.

FYP

Chavways wrote: »

I'd love to know who made the decision to pull the 24/7 playlist.

Who payed extra?

Who payed extra?

Did people not pay more for the pre-ordered version with the map included? I thought they did..

Jaysus didn't know that! I preordered and got nuketown but both copies were €49.99, with or without the map.

Curious as to know, is it still available in zombies?

Yea I heard stories of people paying €64.99 for pre-ordered copies with the map. Could be total BS for all I know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

It's available still in custom and local games I imagine. They are going to be making it available again for 'special' weekends, for example double xp weekends, nuketown 24/7. That kind of thing. It's not available in standard playlists.

On another note, in regards to the 'handicap' feeling when going on a good run. I was doing great in ground war last night, out of nowhere I literally could barely stay positive. It really is a strange one, very frustrating too.

Lastly, the head-glitching..Oh the head-glitching. It's actually outrageous, fast-tracking the game to being unplayable..

Rant over :P

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Think I'm gonna go back to Black ops 1 soon. Sick of PLAZA and DRONE. Maps like that are giving me a headache. Much rather play on GRID and SUMMIT. Much more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The snipping is a disgrace in this game tbh. I remember mw2 and ops2 takes it to a whole new level compared to mw2

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Think I'm gonna go back to Black ops 1 soon. Sick of PLAZA and DRONE. Maps like that are giving me a headache. Much rather play on GRID and SUMMIT. Much more fun.

The maps seem to cluster together, out of 8 games of DOM, I got 'Yemen' 6 times. Didn't play on Plaza the whole time I was on last night..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Thecon21 wrote: »
    The maps seem to cluster together, out of 8 games of DOM, I got 'Yemen' 6 times. Didn't play on Plaza the whole time I was on last night..

Maybe the other players were voting for Yemen ?

Advertisement