Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Black Ops 2] MegaBitch Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭SYDEWYNDER

Headshot wrote: »
    The snipping is a disgrace in this game tbh. I remember mw2 and ops2 takes it to a whole new level compared to mw2
    How so? Sniping is the only way I can stay positive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

SYDEWYNDER wrote: »

No offence that says it all tbh.

In fairness now I pretty much exclusively snipe. Not to negate your point but I am fairly handy at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

SYDEWYNDER wrote: »

Its stupidly easy to quickscope.I'd even say its easier than COD 4.

There's absolutely no sway on it either. Players some feet away from ya dont even need to scope to kill ya, its that bad

• Advertisement

Ah I see! I don't quick scope I'm more of a slow paced sniper. Hiding and all that jazz!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Maybe the other players were voting for Yemen ?

Yes they were, the thing is I left the lobby ha. Just seemed to be getting the same 3 or 4 maps the whole night..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Have to say the honeymoon period for me is well and truly over. Taking off the rose tinted glasses, I am seeing the game for what it is.

I just don't know how to put it in context to be honest. Is it that I'm a terribly bad player? Or is it the lag compensation? Is it Irelands piss poor internet infrastructure compared to the yanks and the brits - I can't tell you. I don't know what it is - all I do know is that enemies can see me coming around corners. It's at the stage now where I have to be actually already shooting from the hip when turning a corner because a 1v1 for me now is like 1v100 - I'm always struck down with what seems like one single bullet.

If anyone can give me advice on what is wrong because I'm really eager to get to the bottom of it. For me, even if I was just a bad player - fine and dandy...I can improve but I've been playing CoD for years and have some skills when it comes to running and gunning but it seems that even if I was one of the OpTic guys, I'd still be struck down. I can't help but think it's got something to do with the connection that leaving me with a severe disadvantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

its not your connection...for me its blatantly lag comp.

Have 10meg coming down the line,just under 1 going up and a ping of 34ms to uk websites,41ms to french and 68ms to the states

its not your connection...for me its blatantly lag comp.

Have 10meg coming down the line,just under 1 going up and a ping of 34ms to uk websites,41ms to french and 68ms to the states

Thanks for the heads up....I think I'm on 30mb with UPC.

Didn't have a problem with MW3 too much and I'll stress "too much". But this game....ah, this game....christ. I'm at least a full second behind everyone else, I'm sure of it....

Surely there is a way to fix lag compensation.

Would playing a really long HD Youtube video while playing tip it to a more fairly level playing field?! Another question - the internet feeds all over my home. There are people downstairs online on skype or playing videos whatever...24/7. Surely this will be taking valuable power away from me...?!?!

• Advertisement

Why did they introduce Lag comp in the first place? If they had a proper system in place that put you into games with people that were relatively close to you (UK and Ireland for example) and if the game was actually able to pick a suitable host that would be able to support all these players on a 3 or 4 bar there would be no problem. I never got a 4 bar in MW2. I lost the odd gunfight now and again because I was always on a 3 bar but I just dealt with it because I knew I wasn't host. In this, I always have 4 bars but feel like I have 2.

I haven't actually found 1 person who has complimented the connections they've been getting . Nobody has said that it was an improvement over previous COD's so in that case why bother even having it? EVERYONE seems to be having negative experiences wit the lag comp.

They could fix the connections debacle once and for all by having dedicated servers in the next COD but we all know that won't happen. If they did introduce them, I for one would have no problem buying it if I was guaranteed to experience a game that when I died I knew it was my fault and not down to potluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Yousef wrote: »
    all I do know is that enemies can see me coming around corners. It's at the stage now where I have to be actually already shooting from the hip when turning a corner because a 1v1 for me now is like 1v100 - I'm always struck down with what seems like one single bullet.

So true, was on the hijacked map, I was running round the corner and before I barely got round I was dead. I do be thinking what gun is he using? Died in about 2 bullets, than I start to question my class set up.

I have 50mb UPC broadband and I am the only gamer at home.. Hurrendous stuff.

I still do have some high scoring games too, it's just these noticeable incidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

Of you look at kill cams as you run around a corner and compare what you last saw to what's on the kill cam they paint a very different picture. On your screen you've got a few shots away. On the kill cam you've been pumped full of lead long before you get the gun up. It's always been like this but seems far more blatant in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

eggy81 wrote: »
    Of you look at kill cams as you run around a corner and compare what you last saw to what's on the kill cam they paint a very different picture. On your screen you've got a few shots away. On the kill cam you've been pumped full of lead long before you get the gun up. It's always been like this but seems far more blatant in this game.

Yep completely agree with ya

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I don't hate the game but I am finding it hard to really like it. For me it just isn't as good as the first. I agree with above that Lag seems to get the better of me I don't ever remember being this bad and this dead so often in black ops.

I think the guns are pretty **** compared to the older guns. Don't really like them and cause of this I can't find a class that I really like or have as a "go to"

The perks make picking a go to class next to impossible. Have to say I miss slight of hand the most in the whole game :( Wish they didn't get rid of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Sleight of hand is a weapon attachment now, can't remember what it's called though.

edit - fast mag

I nearly went a whole nuketown game with just hip firing and was the highest rank player by a distance

It shouldnt be like that thou. Its down right disgraceful tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Nice way to brag, disguise your comment as b*tch post!

I'm on to you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Thats lag compensation at work.:mad:

Nice way to brag, disguise your comment as b*tch post!

I'm on to you :D

lol

TBH its embarrassing for me anyway. I dont like playing this way, I have ethics about mp gaming.

• Advertisement

lol

TBH its embarrassing for me anyway. I dont like playing this way, I have ethics about mp gaming.

You just dont follow them?

IPAM wrote: »
    You just dont follow them?

Oh I follow them alright but its nearly impossible in this game to do so since the lag is so bad and the aiming is crap. Imagine having to use a full mag to kill someone and he kills you with 2 shots

Most nights im stuck 3 bars and im pretty much ****ed on 1 on 1 fights so I have have somthing that will give me a chance tbh

In all the past cod games iv never used the crap which destroys the game like martyrdom, QS, ghost (unless shooting down support, not from the very 1st minute of the match), last stand etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

qBWQG.jpg

Oh I follow them alright but its nearly impossible in this game to do so since the lag is so bad and the aiming is crap. Imagine having to use a full mag to kill someone and he kills you with 2 shots

Most nights im stuck 3 bars and im pretty much ****ed on 1 on 1 fights so I have have somthing that will give me a chance tbh

In all the past cod games iv never used the crap which destroys the game like martyrdom, QS, ghost (unless shooting down support, not from the very 1st minute of the match), last stand etc etc

I know exactly what its like, I never get 4 bar, always 3, anyone here that I party up with will tell ya that. So I use the cnut tactics like Ghost, little bit of camping, hip fire, whatever gets the win tbh

Its just funny that you say you have "ethics about mp gaming" and that you "follow them" and in the same post admit to using things that ruin the game. I dont care that ya use them, sure Ive Ghost on 4 of 5 classes, I just thought the ethics part was funny

I know exactly what its like, I never get 4 bar, always 3, anyone here that I party up with will tell ya that. So I use the cnut tactics like Ghost, little bit of camping, hip fire, whatever gets the win tbh

Its just funny that you say you have "ethics about mp gaming" and that you "follow them" and in the same post admit to using things that ruin the game. I dont care that ya use them, sure Ive Ghost on 4 of 5 classes, I just thought the ethics part was funny

I never had to change my gameplay but since my broadband has been awful (lack of backhaul, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81787238
    ****ing awful ping) Hip firing isnt half as bad as the QS and other crap tbh. Yes I rather not do it what so ever but when the hit detection is this bad, you have no choice. Getting gunned down while across the map while im shooting via ads an opponent and he is hip firing, its beyond ridiculous. There's alot worse out there than hip firing tbh. It doesnt go near my top 10 pricks of cod stuff. It really doesnt effect my morals on mp gaming tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I never had to change my gameplay but since my broadband has been awful (lack of backhaul, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81787238
    ****ing awful ping) Hip firing isnt half as bad as the QS and other crap tbh. Yes I rather not do it what so ever but when the hit detection is this bad, you have no choice. Getting gunned down while across the map while im shooting via ads an opponent and he is hip firing, its beyond ridiculous. There's alot worse out there than hip firing tbh. It doesnt go near my top 10 pricks of cod stuff. It really doesnt effect my morals on mp gaming tbh

Hip firing isn't half as bad?? Lol you keep telling yourself that. Hip firing with the laser sight is the cheapest/most overpowered thing in the game. I could count on one hand the amount of times I was quick scoped throughout my first 55 levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 agentcrow

Tell me about it,If they don't sort out the lag i can't see longevity in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

agentcrow wrote: »
    Tell me about it,If they don't sort out the lag i can't see longevity in this game.
    This is what did MW3 in for me , just had to give up playing as the lag drove me mental . Blops seems to be running a bit smoother for me but its had its moments over the last week , one game its fine , the next its choppy .

You konw I haven't seen any lag at all whatsoever in Halo4. If they can do it - why can't the Black Ops people ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Lads playing this on game on a 3 bar is pointless isn't it ,I mean putting me in a game with all 5 bars is bull**** .How the hell can I play mw3 ,bf3,moh perfect but when it comes to this game it its terrible

I've played pretty much every CoD on 3-bar. The odd time I'll be the host, or close to the host, which will give me the auld 4-bars. There isn't as much difference as you think...perhaps you're just not as good as you reckon you are? :pac:

Is it just me or is the lag comp getting worse? I've rage quit every game I've played today because I'm losing every single 1v1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

you know, maybe they should have a leaderboard for rage quitting!

I would be very close to the top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

I don't know if people know or if it will make a difference. Before the last patch I had my search preferences set to "best" and most of the time the connections were decent. After the patch connections seemed to go to absolute ****e for me and I couldn't get my head around it. I checked search preferences again and it had switched back to "any". I changed it back to "best" again and the connections improved. Having said that it's not hugely consistant but it's better than before. I can't guarantee it'll work for everyone but at least have a look and give it a shot if you haven't already :)

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you know, maybe they should have a leaderboard for rage quitting!

I would be very close to the top of that.

I'd be world champ :pac:

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Lads playing this on game on a 3 bar is pointless isn't it ,I mean putting me in a game with all 5 bars is bull**** .How the hell can I play mw3 ,bf3,moh perfect but when it comes to this game it its terrible

5 bars? What platform do you play on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

5 bars? What platform do you play on?

My money is on this bad boy

I've heard it's the only way to get the full 5-bar experience

top-10-terrible-technologies-7.jpg

You konw I haven't seen any lag at all whatsoever in Halo4. If they can do it - why can't the Black Ops people ?

Because they're appealing to two different demographics.

Yes, both of them are FPS but Halo has a competitive edge in MLG. CoD moulds their games for the lowest common denominator. The more little casual kids can get these mad scorestreaks the better. Just pester mammy and daddy to further invest in Activision products.

They're not interested in having people pick up the game and try to improve, they want your grandmother to play Kill Confirmed and come out with a score of 6,000. Thats what the game is designed for...mainstream pick-up-and-play. It's the reason the MLG players avoided CoD like the plague all these years - they know exactly what it is. It wasn't made for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yes, both of them are FPS but Halo has a competitive edge in MLG. CoD moulds their games for the lowest common denominator. The more little casual kids can get these mad scorestreaks the better. Just pester mammy and daddy to further invest in Activision products.

They're not interested in having people pick up the game and try to improve, they want your grandmother to play Kill Confirmed and come out with a score of 6,000. Thats what the game is designed for...mainstream pick-up-and-play. It's the reason the MLG players avoided CoD like the plague all these years - they know exactly what it is. It wasn't made for them.

BS... besides the fact that competitive CoD is basically stripped of all the crap (Killstreaks/Imbalanced perks)... there's not a chance my granny could get a score of 6,000 in KC... no way.

Seriously tho, i'd say the reason CoD has never taken off on a scale relevant to its commercial success, is because its just not fun to spectate. Its the same reason why LoL/Dota2 and Starcraft 2 are so massive (All 3 of them make Halo look very weak in comparison).. i hate playing those games but for some reason i think they're great to watch.

• Advertisement

MLG ????

Chavways wrote: »

I notice COD4 in the list

Anyone notice Commando is back?

Anyone notice Commando is back?

Nope, still hard as fûck to knife

Nope, still hard as fûck to knife

have a look at this, I could of done a better job of recording but I just wanted a quick job

how bad is that and its happening all the time on the pc

Haha!! :D Thats mental!! I see what you mean but from my experience in the game so far I havent noticed any, I was on tonight for about 2 hours and nothing. Ive only been knifed about 10 times since the game was released so Im pretty happy with it

Haha!! :D Thats mental!! I see what you mean but from my experience in the game so far I havent noticed any, I was on tonight for about 2 hours and nothing. Ive only been knifed about 10 times since the game was released so Im pretty happy with it

Must be alot different on the consoles compared to the pc, knifing is mw2 level on the pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I never really noticed it either on PC.. no worse than usual anyway. Except when they're using the ballistic knives

Must be alot different on the consoles compared to the pc, knifing is mw2 level on the pc

Yeah Im on xbox and even when theres an enemy directly infront of you it can be difficult to get them. Im MW3 and prior games I could try run at someone if I was out of ammo and try for the knife but now I run away like a coward :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement