Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night time helicoptor

• 10-11-2012 6:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

every night this week so far, a helicoptor has been doing large sweeps over glenealy / rathdrum / ballinaclash areas at different times every night (anytime between 1 and 5am)

Theres a visible red light on the bottom of the chopper (heat sensitive camera?)

Anyone know whats going on??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Looking for weed growing houses with the heat sensitive camera to pick up where weed is growing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

every night this week so far, a helicoptor has been doing large sweeps over glenealy / rathdrum / ballinaclash areas at different times every night (anytime between 1 and 5am)

Theres a visible red light on the bottom of the chopper (heat sensitive camera?)

Anyone know whats going on??

We had it in Arklow as well last night ~10pm, clearly looking for weed. Bit of a waste of resources if you ask me, I'd rather see fights broken up on a Friday night than weed found, the weed doesn't threaten my safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Are they looking for these industrial grow houses, or are they aiming at the growing number who grow a few plants as a 3 times a yr treat?

While anybody would have a problem with the criminal ganga who now control weed in this country, if its everyone with a small attic grow that really is an enormous waste of resources.

Wasnt it michael mcdowell who told everyone not to take drugs and support criminals. I know of people who took this literally, bought there own equipment (and payed vat on the purchase of it) and have been quietly not bothering anybody for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

criminal ganga

Not sure if intentional.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Are they looking for these industrial grow houses, or are they aiming at the growing number who grow a few plants as a 3 times a yr treat?

Mainly the major grow houses by the amount of seizures they've done in the last couple weeks, I doubt they'd have the ability to catch people growing a small amount since that wouldn't produce a whole lot of heat.

• Advertisement

Back out again tonight, thats 6 nights in a row.

It costs crazy money per hr for a chopper to fly.

Great to know where the tax dollars go...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

If what ye are saying is correct, would it not be cheaper to do this by reading the electricty meter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

They used to, but now people use fancy generators that cost thousands to run the growth house along with electricity so hard to catch them.

And to be fair, any grow houses ive read about bypass the meter anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

And to be fair, any grow houses ive read about bypass the meter anyway

In the UK they get caught as there is a meter for the street, so they can give the police a heads up about excessive consumption

• Advertisement
Advertisement