Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Large Area in One Colour

• 10-11-2012 6:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi all, I am about to paint a large area in one colour and was wondering what is the best (and easiest/quickest) way to do this? Probably just going to do magnolia
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gobythewall

Magnolia, roller!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Interior or exterior surface??

Smooth or rough surface??

if interior and smooth,then a short-medium pile roller in either 9 inch or 12 inch sizes.

If exterior and rough,then 12 inch roller in long pile and make sure its a masonary roller too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

airless spray gun!

byrybak wrote: »
    airless spray gun!

Do you get overspray from that?

Would you have to tape up internal windows and everything around you to use that type of system?

Or cover over driveways and neighbours cars and windows before using it outdoors??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

take it from me as a person who uses an airless sprayer its not for beginners...and has the potential of a major f**k up....wind can be a major factor although with the new tips overspray isnt as bad as it used to be... as for masking..if it was a factory/warehouse i wouldnt bother...housewise its a must

op i would recommend a roller..you'd be amazed what you get done in a few hours

• Advertisement

take it from me as a person who uses an airless sprayer its not for beginners...and has the potential of a major f**k up....wind can be a major factor although with the new tips overspray isnt as bad as it used to be... as for masking..if it was a factory/warehouse i wouldnt bother...housewise its a must

op i would recommend a roller..you'd be amazed what you get done in a few hours

I was told that here on boards and also by 2 hire shops,thats its not for a newbie.

Hense me going with a roler and extension pole.

Job done in no time at all and had a good bit of craic with the girlfriend painting too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭offroadannie

paddy147 wrote: »
    Interior or exterior surface??

Smooth or rough surface??

if interior and smooth,then a short-medium pile roller in either 9 inch or 12 inch sizes.

If exterior and rough,then 12 inch roller in long pile and make sure its a masonary roller too.

Interior walls, all of upstairs in a dormer. Smooth finish. Built the house over 5 years ago and only getting around to finishing upstairs now. Will be getting the skirting/doors put in next week. No carpet fitted yet. Should I put the 1st coat on before fitting the woodwork?

I'm tempted to spray it but it would be a first for me. I guess roller is the best way to go.

Advertisement