Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Man utd 5:30 SS2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Looked like Smalling dislocated his shoulder or somthing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What a dire half of football.
    Carrick and Scholes just doesn't work.
    Villa playing well in possession but they are being let into the game by sloppy play from United.

Hope to see Ando or Cleverley for the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

titan18 wrote: »
    Aye, was just going to post that. If Ferdinand's was a foul, that was a foul. Of course, neither were tbf, but the conspiracy idiots will ignore that

And neither were the 3 given against Ireland on Scholes to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Joke of a team selection by Ferguson. Get Nani, Anderson and Hernandez on.

Nani's injured isn't he? Who would you take off for Hernandez? performance wise I would have said tony V but I dont know if that formation would work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Joke of a team selection by Ferguson. Get Nani, Anderson and Hernandez on.

Nani is out with a hamstring injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Patser wrote: »
    Ferdinand put his foot in front of Benteke and tripped him, clearly seen especially in the replay (and by the ref standing right beside it)

Benteke went shoulder to shoulder with Smalling and used his strenght to get the ball, the same way defenders normally win the ball in those situations.

Ferdinand initially went shoulder to shoulder with Benteke, then Benteke went over his leg. It was a fair challenge.

Anyway, time to get Mike Phelan out with his pliers to cause a power cut. Get those lights out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

titan18 wrote: »

Aye, was just going to post that. If Ferdinand's was a foul, that was a foul. Of course, neither were tbf, but the conspiracy idiots will ignore that

Ferdinand cliped bentekes ankle. I didn't think it was a free too until one of the replays showed it.

Also maybe that benteke was in control of ball and ferdoband wasn't made a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just showed a different angle of the goal it came through 3 or 4 players de gea didn't see till it was right in front of him . Nearly hit in him in the face .

Hard to be blaming him for that .

Shocking that Rooney was better positioned defensively than either Carrick and Scholes though .

Move the ball quicker and we'll get back into this we're taking too long out of it and they're getting more men back to help out .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Say what you want about whether or not it was a foul, but Smalling had a run at Benteke and Benteke creamed him, chap is an animal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just watching the goal again, the only player getting back to try and help the defence is Rooney. Says it all about the midfield selection.

Scholes off with either Cleverely or Anderson on and I'd be confident Utd will turn it around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Jaysus, in the replays Smalling really, really bounces of Benteke! We have a new Beast of a forward. Still only 21!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

nuxxx wrote: »
    Looked shoulder to shoulder, Ferdinands wasn't

Fair shoulder,if anything Smalling tried to shoulder Benteke first but he foolishly thought he could out muscle a much larger man.

matrim wrote: »
    Ferdinand cliped bentekes ankle. I didn't think it was a free too until one of the replays showed it.

Also maybe that benteke was in control of ball and ferdoband wasn't made a difference

They've showed the replay about 5 times now at half time and I'm not seeing this. Benteke brushes Ferdinand's leg afterwards. It's not a major factor in the tackle. Benteke clearly uses his arm against Smalling. It's not shoulder to shoulder at all. If one is a foul, both are. Vice versa if one is legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

karma_ wrote: »
    LOL

What was Smalling doing after he went down there? Looked like he was doing an impression of a fish out of water.

Watching the replays again here and Im cracking up. Clumsy fooker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ferdinand clearly tripped Benteke, very different challenges. Benteke was just stronger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Well that's 46 mins of my life I'm never getting back. Dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't see how Scholes stays on. He's been awful, well off the pace and looks like giving the ball away everytime he has it.

Can see a redcard out of frustration for him if he's not taken off.

Corholio wrote: »
    Ferdinand clearly tripped Benteke, very different challenges. Benteke was just stronger

Is this really how you are seeing it? After all those replays? Wow. I'm not seeing the tackle like that at all. Neither is Wilkins or Yorke, but that's neither here nor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Patser wrote: »
    Jaysus, in the replays Smalling really, really bounces of Benteke! We have a new Beast of a forward. Still only 21!

Maybe he will be your new heskey;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

is valencia allergic to crossing the ball first time ? doing my head in taking an age to cross every ball in then smacking it of the defender every ****ing time

• Advertisement

They've showed the replay about 5 times now at half time and I'm not seeing this. Benteke brushes Ferdinand's leg afterwards. It's not a major factor in the tackle. Benteke clearly uses his arm against Smalling. It's not shoulder to shoulder at all. If one is a foul, both are. Vice versa if one is legit.

Not a major factor? Ah come on. Ferdinand stops Benteke getting to the ball via his foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I can see Villa getting €20million plus for Benteke next summer.

Enda Stevens has been solid enough, if he doesn't get destroyed in the second half he could make that left back position his own as Bennett as been very poor so far. He could then challenge for the national team.

United could do with bringing Anderson and Cleverly on for Carrick and Scholes and going for broke, with Hernandez to come on in the last 20 mins.

Maybe he will be your new heskey;)

Could be the new Jonah Lomu!

Speed of Gabby, strenght of Heskey, can score goals and as just seen, can create.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

It was only one zoomed in replay that showed it straight after it was given. In fairness I'm still not sure if the ferdinand one was a free.

Ireland had a similar one on scholes in the center of the park and a free was given to scholes then too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Young for Chico..... ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

What's the point in lying? It clearly wasn't a trip, how could you possibly see that?

Not a major factor? Ah come on. Ferdinand stops Benteke getting to the ball via his foot.

He uses his body and arm to usher him out of the way. The foot thing isn't a major factor for me. Benteke was already on his way down at that point.

Young the one taken off? **** off.

Strange change. I thought Young was United's most lively player.

• Advertisement

I didn't think Young was having a great game but jeez, the centre of midfield needs to be addressed much more urgently.

I thought Young was quite poor, actually. Slowed down a lot of attacks and was coming too deep to get the ball. You don't need to do that when you're on the same wing as Evra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Joke

Oh my god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Just bring on Anderson. Feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

another bizarre decision by saf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

**** off seriously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fúck off Scholes.

Scholes giving the ball away started that move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I think Scholes has his eye on an early shower here.

Lost the ball that ended up being a goal....

Terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Piss poor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Fcuk sake Fergie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Scholes is finished

Weimann AGAIN!!!!!!

You waot ages for him to do something, then 2 show up at once!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

**** off

And there ya go. Scholes loses the ball high up the pitch, nowhere near getting back and it's 2-0.

Seriously Fergie what in gods name are you doing???????

Rafael was awful there. Absolutely awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

LOL @ rio claiming offside after he let him run

Nailz wrote: »
    What's the point in lying? It clearly wasn't a trip, how could you possibly see that?

Im saying in the context of what i was arguing, if you even read it, that they were two different challenges. All this crap of 'if that was a foul than so was that'. Was a little harsh on Ferdinand, but nothing like Benteke moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Christ get Scholes off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Scholes out on his feet

• Advertisement
Advertisement