Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Man utd 5:30 SS2

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Hat-trick.

We need to start giving teams a goal or two at the start so we play some football from the first minute.

Unfortunately he won't get the match ball as the 2nd goal has gone down as an own goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Time to post this again,he is some man for one man the little pea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Get in there. 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hernandez with 2 goals and an assist!

I can't be taking any games like this much longer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Match ball in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

TheTownie wrote: »
    Unfortunately he won't get the match ball as the 2nd goal has gone down as an own goal.

Eh, I'll think you'll find that it was a hat-trick and Rafael assisted for his second goal. Are we clear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Surely they won't go hunting the football off him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fair play to De Gea at the end there, solid keeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

It's never the easy route! But as long as it leads to the win, it doesn't matter which way you go! Hernandez was fantastic. our defence was pulled out every way and we were very lucky in the end but hey we'll take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Chico you little legend!!!!
    Bailed us out big time. These head starts are not good for the nerves :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Hernandez deserves that Ball in his hand....

But will he get it??

Tremendous comeback yet again!!

screenshot14tm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Awful display/team selection. Great result.

Hernandez really is a little gem(and pea).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I can see it already.

Shreeves - "Great win Javier, I'm delighted to be the first to tell you it was not in fact a hat trick. Can I get the ball off you?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

We just need to learn how to defend now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Aidric wrote: »
    God bless all the weak hearts following Utd this season.

God bless all the poor ABU's. Must be having a horrible time.

Couple of lads who popped into the thread earlier too, they really should know better than to try and get digs in while United are trailing, although I'm happy they don't, makes it all the more sweet.

hi-res-154618861_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Dcully wrote: »
    I'm a die hard pool fan,I have hand it to the mancs,I just knew they would score,never ever give up.Countless times over the years that get into this habbit,u hate to say it but fair fcuks to them.Now please give pool a win tomorrow :)

Liverpool winning tomorrow....the lesser of two evils

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

RVP is one-eighth American. His left leg represents the one-eighth.

:) Ah it just reminded me of a customer in a pub I worked in before and I was telling them about something one of the other punters did and they didn't know who I was talking about and as a small rural pub "the black fellow" was enough to narrow it down to one person. The lad in question was an African immigrant but the customer persisted that I was being racist and the correct term was "African-American" even when I made it clear that the lad had probably never even been in America!

O/T I know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

double GG wrote: »
    It's never the easy route! But as long as it leads to the win, it doesn't matter which way you go! Hernandez was fantastic. our defence was pulled out every way and we were very lucky in the end but hey we'll take it!

Our defence was only pulled all over the place because there was no cover from midfield. Carrick Scholes as a partnership is just bloody awful now and so easy to play against. Carrick is excellent with either Ando or Cleverley by his side but he doesn't have the mobility to cover for a near totally immobile Scholes.

And I hate all the "never the easy route" " don't make it easy for ourselves" bollox. It's a cop out for having played ****e/picked the wrong team. (Not a dig at you btw.).

No disrespect to Villa but Utd are streets ahead of them, Villa didnt played particularly well and yet Utd found themselves 2-0 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Another game where we let ourselves down in the second half :(

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    :) Ah it just reminded me of a customer in a pub I worked in before and I was telling them about something one of the other punters did and they didn't know who I was talking about and as a small rural pub "the black fellow" was enough to narrow it down to one person. The lad in question was an African immigrant but the customer persisted that I was being racist and the correct term was "African-American" even when I made it clear that the lad had probably never even been in America!

O/T I know :D
    That's actually where I was coming from too. One of my mates is a simple fellow but is desperate to rail against racism. He insists on calling all black folk African-Americans, despite them mostly simply being African.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I see the trend of certain fans visiting the thread when United are losing is still going strong :D:D:D

I LOVE YOU CHICO <3

matrim wrote: »
    Another game where we let ourselves down in the second half :(

You know what, though? Villa played really well. Very impressed with that team, considering how young they are. I think they'll only improve under Lambert too. The future is bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Words cannot convey the man love I have for javier Hernandez. Single handedly restoring my faith in footballers.

It's unhealthy for a man if my age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Had to leave for the cinema with 5 mins to go and game at 2-2 . Aaah feck it anyway and knowing my luck James Bond will die too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Patser wrote: »
    Had to leave for the cinema with 5 mins to go and game at 2-2 . Aaah feck it anyway and knowing my luck James Bond will die too

christ your under the thumb,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

And this is why i have a strong dislike for manchester Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As an Arsenal fan ashamed of my powder puff team, what I wouldnt give for a quarter of the bottle United show. I have personal reasons for hating them, but hats off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

niallo27 wrote: »
    I-LOVE-MAN-UTD%20fplmu0019.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Thinly veiled this why is hate my team no?????

• Advertisement

user2011 wrote: »
    Thinly veiled this why is hate my team no?????

Hate is a very strong word.

Hate is a very strong word.

What word would you replace it with? Liverpool don't show the fight that the big teams show who are fighting too be crowned Champions come May.

user2011 wrote: »
    What word would you replace it with? Liverpool don't show the fight that the big teams show who are fighting too be crowned Champions come May.

The word i used orginally, this thread is not about liverpool. I think you should take it as a compliment to utd, its the best your going to get off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The word i used orginally, this thread is not about liverpool. I think you should take it as a compliment to utd, its the best your going to get off me.
    I can't argue with that to be honest; although I'm unsure as to why that would cause you to dislike United. Fuel your dislike, maybe...

I'll take it, and quickly run away :p

I want too see Liverpool up at top fighting for the title just wish they would get their sh*t together... The two most decorated clubs and all that..

Anyway Chico the love :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I wonder how many of the people calling for Scholes to be taken off were praising him to high heavens six months ago and comparing him to Xavi .

You have this all wrong, i think you will find, especially at Le Masia, that they compared Xavi to Scholes. ;)

Advertisement