Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre to east village

Options
  • 10-11-2012 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

What bus and from where gets there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

What bus and from where gets there?

207 will take you into Douglas from city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

207 will take you into Douglas from city.

where in the city do i get it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It goes along Patrick's street, grand parade and south mall I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Ludo wrote: »
    It goes along Patrick's street, grand parade and south mall I think.

The 207 and 216 <from south mall> will both get you to Douglas Village.

207 stops at various stops on Patrick Street, Grand Parade, South Mall etc

They're all clearly marked these days and most have live information on an electronic display detailing when the bus will arrive at the stop.

You can pay cash on board to the driver.

On the 216 say that you are going to Douglas or you'll be charged more as it's more expensive to go to the next area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Depends on the time of day, if you are a fit young thing, consider walking.

It's a good two miles from the city centre, 3½km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

206 to Grange goes through Douglas too, starts at South Mall.

Basically 206, 207 and 216 go to Douglas from town (South Mall).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

You'd walk it is less than 30 minutes, you can also get some the 222 buses (Carrigaline), Douglas is well served. 207 & 216 would be more frequent though.

You'd walk it is less than 30 minutes, you can also get some the 222 buses (Carrigaline), Douglas is well served. 207 & 216 would be more frequent though.

You would want to be a VERY fast walker to get to east village from town in less than 30 mins. For normal walking pace it would be closer to an hour than 30 mins...somewhere in between the 2 anyway depending on pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

You would want to be a VERY fast walker

No, a brisk walk is one mile in 15 minutes, anyone who cannot do this is officially ill or unfit, old, infirm or too young.

That is still over 30 mins taking corner of Grand Parade and South Mall as starting point (central enough).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Google says 45 minutes walk...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's a LOT more than a 30 minute walk. I've done it and it's far closer to an hour's walk and that is walking fairly briskly.

It's a 30 minute light jog!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

It would take me 35 mins to walk it, and thats from douglas to the bus station, so half and hour is more than possible if your fit enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

You would want to be a VERY fast walker to get to east village from town in less than 30 mins. For normal walking pace it would be closer to an hour than 30 mins...somewhere in between the 2 anyway depending on pace.

I do it three times a week for leisure! To town & back in a smidgen over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

can anyone tell me does the 216 stop on rochestown rd on the way into town??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

nursemar88 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me does the 216 stop on rochestown rd on the way into town??

I'm nearly certain it doesn't, I think it comes down the Rochestown Road from town, then goes up towards Maryborough Hill and back down by the fingerpost. But because it loops around, I'd imagine you'd be able to hop on as it comes from town and go around in a circle (i.e. get on the Rochestown Park Hotel side of the road).

dulpit wrote: »
    I'm nearly certain it doesn't, I think it comes down the Rochestown Road from town, then goes up towards Maryborough Hill and back down by the fingerpost. But because it loops around, I'd imagine you'd be able to hop on as it comes from town and go around in a circle (i.e. get on the Rochestown Park Hotel side of the road).

Correct.

The 223 does go along the Rochestown Road on the way into town from Ringaskiddy and Passage though.

Advertisement