Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4 Multiplayer Connection Question

Options
  • 10-11-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm posting this in the main Xbox section because it's probably more of a general question.

I'm wondering if a 1mb connection will be quick enough to play Halo 4 online?

I can play COD with a 1mb connection but the lag on some games (Fifa) it awful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Shane732 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm posting this in the main Xbox section because it's probably more of a general question.

I'm wondering if a 1mb connection will be quick enough to play Halo 4 online?

I can play COD with a 1mb connection but the lag on some games (Fifa) it awful.

You really only need about a half a meg, but it has to be fixed DSL a la eircom or bt....

I don't think a dongle (o2 or meteor stick) is up to it....

I think the fifa lag may be ea related if you have no problems with cod.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

The actual up/down speeds don't have to be that great at all but the latency(low ping times) must but low and it must be consistent (low jitter).

FYI I used to play Halo 2 on a 64k ISDN line without any issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gtg60 wrote: »
    The actual up/down speeds don't have to be that great at all but the latency(low ping times) must but low and it must be consistent (low jitter).

FYI I used to play Halo 2 on a 64k ISDN line without any issues!

Them were the days, the memories of clogging up mammys phone line the weekend to play Unreal Tournament on dial up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Fieldog wrote: »
    Them were the days, the memories of clogging up mammys phone line the weekend to play Unreal Tournament on dial up!

I remember those days - unfortunately it can be a similar issue with DSL now!

I have 1mb DSL - I'm in an extended reach area. Ping is about 60ms, jitter 2 and 0 packet loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just an FYI, Xbox Live recommended is 2 meg. So you may or may not get a good connection from your 1MB DSL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement