Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing D: drive

Options
  • 10-11-2012 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I am missing the D: Drive in 'computer' on my computer. When I right click on 'computer' , go to properties and click on Device manager, there is an
    exclamation mark beside the DVD player. What does that mean? This is the first time this happened to me since i got the computer 7 or 8 moths ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I have not used windows in a while but that sounds like a driver issue. Have you installation CD's that came with the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Yes I have but everything else is fine. Yesterday evening it disappeared for unknown reason. I haven't uninstalled or re-installed anything

Update / Restore the driver from the CD. That should fix the problem or you can search online.

I'm sure you can trawl through logs trying to identify the exact problem but I would update the driver and monitor over the next few days

After doing some searching. FIXED IT. Go me

:)

What was it

• Advertisement

Just I had to remove something in the registry and then restart

leemaree wrote: »
    Just I had to remove something in the registry and then restart

ah but what made that registry change ... :eek: