Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A rare Well Done!

Options
  • 10-11-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

To counteract all the complaints on here...

My parents have just purchased the house opposite mine... way out in the sticks. There is no contract with Eircom currently held at the property and the cable had come down between the house and the pole in the last set of storms. The cable had snapped at the pole itself and was not in any way dangerous as it was well away from the road.

I rang Eircom and spoke to a really nice rep. I explained that there was no contract and enquired if repairs could be carried out in advance of my parents moving in. The rep, whose name I dearly wish that I could remember, got straight on it, assured me it would be no problem and hey presto, within 30 minutes an engineer had visited and effected repairs. :)

10 out of 10 Eircom... exceptional, friendly service

(I have no affiliation with Eircom and have, on occasion, been known to cuss them as much as anyone else!)

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Eircom customer service staff are generally very pleasant and helpful. The problem is with Eircom itself and it's possible poor broadband service. Pity, as I have only had good experiences with their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,927 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

vard wrote: »
    Eircom customer service staff are generally very pleasant and helpful. The problem is with Eircom itself and it's possible poor broadband service. Pity, as I have only had good experiences with their staff.

+1. Rotten Broadband service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I wish my line install was going like that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I wish my line install was going like that :(

Hi Gummy Panda
    yes some delay with yours, I believe this has now gone through now and I have replied to previous post. Will chase this for you.
    Tony

Advertisement