Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to unlock a Galaxy Samsung III - currently with 3

Options
  • 10-11-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

I just signed up for a further two years with 3 and got an upgrade of a galaxy s3.

In addition to using it on my 3 contract I want to use a prepay vodafone sim in it.

Two questions please!

1. How do I unlock it?? Bring it in to one of those shops in town (Dublin)?? Or will 3 do it for me?

2. I need a micro sim for it - will vodafone give me one of these (for my same number) if I go into a VF shop?

Any advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Just in relation to your second question (I've no idea what 3's practices are for unlocking, maybe ask in the 3 subforum), are you looking for a Vodafone sim card with an identical phone number to your current sim from 3?

If so that's not going to be possible without porting the number to Vodafone which will mean ending (and paying off) your contract early with 3. To be the best of my knowledge a phone number can only be held by one company at a time (for obvious reasons). I don't think there'd be anything stopping you getting a Vodafone sim with a different number once you get the phone unlocked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sorry wasnt clear! I've two ph numbers.

One - my three ph no, on bill which i will continue to use, all good.

Two - my vodafone sim. I want to keep this number - but need a micro sim compared the normal size sim i currently have. Plus want to be able to use the microsim/my cuurent vf number in the phone bought through 3.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

amdublin wrote: »
    Sorry wasnt clear! I've two ph numbers.

One - my three ph no, on bill which i will continue to use, all good.

Two - my vodafone sim. I want to keep this number - but need a micro sim compared the normal size sim i currently have. Plus want to be able to use the microsim/my cuurent vf number in the phone bought through 3.

Thanks in advance

Ah, cheers for clearing that up.

Vodafone should be able to give you a micro-sim to replace your current sim card without any problems. Just go into a store and they should be able to do it there and then.

Ah, cheers for clearing that up.

Vodafone should be able to give you a micro-sim to replace your current sim card without any problems. Just go into a store and they should be able to do it there and then.

Cheers zeitgeist!

Anyone got any advice how to get the handset unlocked so i can use the VF sim in it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

amdublin wrote: »
    Cheers zeitgeist!

Anyone got any advice how to get the handset unlocked so i can use the VF sim in it?!

Ebay

• Advertisement

Cheers all. Got my micro sim in vf plus got ph unlocked for €18 in the ilac centre.

Love this phone!!!!!

Advertisement