Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing my Moisturiser

• 10-11-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hey guys

I am thinking of changing my moisturiser. I have a nasty cheap Nivea cream at the moment but I normally use Dermalogica skin smoothing. I love this but I find it annoying that I cannot simply go to the shop and pick it up as I have to order online (salons charge a lot more).

I would not be opposed to using a budget cream so if you had any recommendations I would appreciate it. I have a normal skin type. I am 27 and I suppose would need to be using something to stop the dreaded wrinkles :eek:.

Thanks so much :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

I heard that Doc Morris pharmacies are starting to stock Dermalogica now at online prices. Haven't been able to verify it yet but it would be worth a look. Having said that, I ordered my last Skin Smoothing from millies.ie and got the moisturiser in 2 days which was great.

I've wandered away from Dermalogica a few times to try Clarins/Lancome etc and I've always gone back. I liked Clarins MultiActive range the best but you'll pay over 50e for the moisturiser. They have some great value sets in Debenhams/BTs at the moment so you could get a good deal on it there. They also have Clarins sets on beautyfeatures.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

I use Liz Earle moisturiser and since I found it, about five years ago now, I've never been tempted to switch to anything else. It's absolutely brilliant! Smells lovely, feels lovely, when I put it on at night my skin feels really nice and plump in the morning. Also great base for putting on makeup in the morning.

Only downside is that you have to buy online (unless you're close to their Irish stockist which is in Milltown, Dublin I think) but they're based in the UK so delivery is really quick. And a pot is just under £20. Bargain!

I'm actually in-between pots at the moment so am using a small sample Nivea pot now I came across, horrible stuff :(

Here's the one in particular I use, but I think they have a few different types: http://uk.lizearle.com/cleanse-tone-moisturise/skin-repair-moisturiser-normal-combination.html

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

i use elizabeth arden's visable difference cream, and find it quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

As much as I dislike Clinique, the moisturisers are quite good and there is a really big selection so you are bound to find one that suits your skin type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

All poisonous expensive chemistry labs in a pot. Clinique is about as good as petrol, ok if your skin is used to it… Someone I know was told to stay away from dermalogica when they were training in makeup and skincare.
    Look for brands like Sukin, A'kin, Jasön, Origins or MooGoo. All sold in health stores except MooGoo (look on MooGoo.ie for local stockists).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

All poisonous expensive chemistry labs in a pot. Clinique is about as good as petrol, ok if your skin is used to it… Someone I know was told to stay away from dermalogica when they were training in makeup and skincare.
    Look for brands like Sukin, A'kin, Jasön, Origins or MooGoo. All sold in health stores except MooGoo (look on MooGoo.ie for local stockists).

Liz Earle shouldn't be put in the same class as 'all poisonous expensive chemistry labs in a pot'. If you check out the website you'll find that they contain "potent powers of the finest quality naturally active ingredients."

These products are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

The more you use some of these moisturisers the more dependant you become on them.

They are made that wasy to make you think you 'need' them.

I only use simple sop and water and my skin is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

I'm sure the really expensive ones are much better, but I find this one from boots: http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Essentials-Cucumber-Moisturising-Lotion-150ml_869645/ really good, having used it for a good while now. It's really cheap and is usually on a 3 for 2 offer with the same brand make up wipes. It smells good, isn't sticky but is probably too wet and shiny to use under make up. I have pretty oily skin, and I find that lathering this on after a shower and before bed every day gives my skin enough moisture so that it doesn't need to make its own! Just a cheap option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Pippy1976 wrote: »

Liz Earle shouldn't be put in the same class as 'all poisonous expensive chemistry labs in a pot'. If you check out the website you'll find that they contain "potent powers of the finest quality naturally active ingredients."

These products are amazing.

They may not contain stuff like formaldehyde (DMDM hydantoin) but they do contain parabens and more alcohols etc then necessary. Compare them with Sukin organics ingredients. Yeah the experts say that they're safe, but they've only calculated average lifetime exposures, not taking into account exposure to other chemicals. Why put more chemicals on your skin than necessary? (No I don't use products every day - only when needed, I use muslin cloths as an exfoliater etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I've tried Liz Earle and Clinque etc, I prefer Nivea Q10, suits my skin I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

i do like Liz earle and dermalogica but the only thing that seems to keep my skin hydrated these days is roc hydra plus. I hardly ever re-purchase moisturisers as i love trying new ones but ive found myself loving this one. it smells lovely too :-)

(No I don't use products every day - only when needed, I use muslin cloths as an exfoliater etc)

me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 timelord13

I'm really impressed with the Clear Skin range.
    Unfortunately it can only be bought in the Clear skin clinic in Tallaght D24, but it's worth it.
    www.clearskin.ie

I've tried pretty much everything on the market. Cheapo's, Natural remedies, Dermalogica, Image, Institute Esthederm, Neo Strata, the list goes on...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I'm 31 and the best moisturiser I've ever used (and I've used a few) is the boots own brand vitamin e cream. It's 2 for €5. Sinks into skin leaving no residue and make up goes on perfectly after it. Really can't fault it, the only moisturiser I've repurchased constantly.

_LilyRose_ wrote: »
    I'm sure the really expensive ones are much better,

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I recommend the REN range, no chemicals. If you buy from their own website they usually do good deals too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I'd highly recommend the Human+Kind day and night cream, very nice, cruelty free, Irish and doesn't leave your skin greasy but moisturises it well.

A few times a week for a serious boost I use Weleda Skinfood which is also really excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I was a big fan of Clinique for years but due to financial reasons, I had to down grade to E45 moisturiser last year. Best decision ever, I find it really works well and can be used on the face and body. The cheap price is a bonus, pretty sure it costs less than a fiver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I use superdrug natural high, love it !

Advertisement