Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenancy Reference ...

Options
  • 10-11-2012 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I'm looking to move out of the family home and get an apartment for the first time. However, I'm told by people that most landlords these days require tenancy references from previous landlords as a background check. As I've never rented a property previous will this be a problem for prospective landlords? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I had this problem when I moved over. I couldn't supply LL reference as I owned my property. We got employers references instead which was acceptable to the LL.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Many will accept an employer reference if a tenancy reference cannot be provided. If a landlord/agency will not accept this then theres not much you can do unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It shouldn't be a problem. Just tell them up front its your first time renting and provide all necessary documentation like employer reference and a copy of your passport(not your bank details!). Believe me, an employer reference is worth its weight in gold. It shows a LL that you have the means to pay and not be in the apartment 24/7.

Advertisement