Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP - iPhone 4S just died

• 10-11-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Has this happened to anyone else?

I put my phone in my pocket with 79% battery left, drove home (35min spin) took the phone out of my pocket and it was dead, no responce to the on/off button or the 'menu' button.

I've plugged it in to charge, but there is no response from the phone at all, doent even register being connected to the plug?

Has this happened to anyone else and how did you get it sorted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

I put my phone in my pocket with 79% battery left, drove home (35min spin) took the phone out of my pocket and it was dead, no responce to the on/off button or the 'menu' button.

I've plugged it in to charge, but there is no response from the phone at all, doent even register being connected to the plug?

When that happened to me, it turned out to be the two screws at the bottom were loose, so allowing the battery to move away from the terminals.

If you have a torx set you can nip them up yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

just helpd home and power button for what seemed like an eternity and eventually it came back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

My first iphone died in a similar fashion. I put it down to not having a case and having it in my pocket with keys / coins general stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Squ wrote: »
    When that happened to me, it turned out to be the two screws at the bottom were loose, so allowing the battery to move away from the terminals.

If you have a torx set you can nip them up yourself
    isn't the battery connected screwed in so i don't see how the screws for the back screen could of affected that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

just helpd home and power button for what seemed like an eternity and eventually it came back
    is the phone jailbroken, i had a similar issue on a 4 a few times when it was jailbroken

• Advertisement
Advertisement