Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE ON DVD

• 10-11-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭

Does anybody know where i could pick up a copy of this complete concert at Wembley Stadium in 1992 on DVD. Metallica, Extreme, Def Leppard, Spinal Tap and Guns n Roses opened the show for the first 2 hours. Then various artists joined members of Queen on stage for the remainder of the day. I see that the second part of the show is available on DVD but i cant find the complete show anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

AFAIK the first part of the show never made it to DVD due to licensing issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

Cheers. Looks like i will have to stick with youtube so. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Have it on VHS somewhere in the attic courtesy of BBC & a VCR :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

I had it myself on VHS but it got misplaced at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

lord lucan wrote: »
    AFAIK the first part of the show never made it to DVD due to licensing issues.

That's correct, YouTube has a few performances but the most complete officially released version is the one from VHS...which features Metallica and Guns N' Roses set, Def Leppard performing their Now I'm Here Cover (but no original material), Extreme's medley (no original songs) and one song from Bob Geldof...it completely cuts out Spinal Tap, most of Leppard's/Extreme's sets and U2's appearance from the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It's almost worth having for the Extreme medley alone.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Maya Hawke, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Not quite the proper full edition but better than the previous release.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freddie-Mercury-Tribute-Concert-Blu-ray/dp/B00DBW8M0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372163316&sr=8-1&keywords=freddie+mercury+tribute+concert

Out at the beginning of September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Makes no sense to release this at this point, at least without putting on the extra Def Leppard song, the U2 satellite connection and the Spinal Tap set....

This concert was plagued with problems.....that being said I'll be picking up this performance. Jason on Bass with Metallica and it's Blu Ray

Advertisement