Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over the RA rates limit please HELP !

Options
  • 10-11-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So im about to rent a place in dublin an apartment with 2 bedrooms for for 550 but the rent limit for rent alowance in dublin for Single person is €475 ,will they alow me to pay the rest myself along with the €30 im paying towards it or will they just not give me the RA ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

They'll refuse you. Have the landlord fill out the forms at the limit and draw up a separate contract for something (maintenance fee or whatever) and pay the difference towards that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Just noticed you're a single person, they'll probably also refuse you because the place has two bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Phobo

Why would they do such a thing if i try to better myself ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

They won't allow you to pay a subsidy to rent something over limits. Sometimes a ll will sign lease for the capped amount and accept under the table payments. You are taking a risk though and if caught could lose ra and also you are complicit in tax evasion. The capped limits are unrealistic in a lot of areas and many people have been forced to move away from schools, supports etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 smirker

Phobo wrote: »
    So im about to rent a place in dublin an apartment with 2 bedrooms for for 550 but the rent limit for rent alowance in dublin for Single person is €475 ,will they alow me to pay the rest myself along with the €30 im paying towards it or will they just not give me the RA ?

Where are you getting an 2 bedroom apartment in Dublin for €550. Any 2 bed apartment must be at least €800.

• Advertisement

A friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

If they are your friend, why won't they let it to you for 475 then?

Its already 225 under so another deduction would be a big ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Ok,. could you not get a friend or someone in to share the extra room with?
    They will class you as 'over- accommodated' anyway as a single person with 2 bedrooms.
    Afaik you have to be renting for 6 months prior to receive rent allowance, so make sure you are eligible before moving in etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They'll refuse you. Have the landlord fill out the forms at the limit and draw up a separate contract for something (maintenance fee or whatever) and pay the difference towards that.
    Be very careful here. You are allowed pay over the limit for services, e.g. bins or utilities that are included in the rent, but contriving things could easily be seen as fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Phobo wrote: »
    Why would they do such a thing if i try to better myself ?
    Sorry, but how is renting a 2 bedroom place bettering yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

:)
    Maslow2.GIF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

You left out the bit where he gets someone else to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Will the other person be.living in the 2nd room?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Ffs getting something for next to nothing funded by tax payers and wanting luxery and choices. Get real and rent a room!
    Hope this budget hammers social welfare because its a joke how entitled they seem to think they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Your advising the OP to comment fraud.....

OP there is a reason why you can not pay extra yoursef...there are those on RS who struggle to get by a month and for you to so such a thing helps squeeze them out of the market even though they are suppose to be in the same position as yourself....most people on RS are families not single people with dole money to burn like yourself
    apache wrote: »
    Ffs getting something for next to nothing funded by tax payers and wanting luxery and choices. Get real and rent a room!
    Hope this budget hammers social welfare because its a joke how entitled they seem to think they are.

I dont agree with your view of hammering the social welfare however the OP does come across as arrogant and seems to be expecting luxuries when in receipt of sw...its the likes of him that give everyone in true need of help a bad name

Advertisement