Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Transfers

• 10-11-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

Get ready for the Giroud, Walcott and Berba bandwagons to come steaming through!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fellaini for Pienaar done. Can't hold out on that one any longer. Will probably do Walcott for Santi, don't like taking points hits, but Cazorla is doing my nut in, he's just not producing as many points as i'd like

Might as well get back on the Berba bandwagon, Fletcher out for him. Fulham are playing Sunderland next week so I've a great opportunity to be horribly right or horribly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

manual_man wrote: »
    Fellaini for Pienaar done. Can't hold out on that one any longer. Will probably do Walcott for Santi, don't like taking points hits, but Cazorla is doing my nut in, he's just not producing as many points as i'd like

Tell me about it. I had Cazorla to Fellaini done last week, all I had to do was confirm. In the end I decided to give him one more week because of that late goal he got. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If I get rid if Cazorla, who would people recommend?

I have Michu, Sterling, Mata and Fellaini and RVP, Tevez and Suarez.

Not a penny in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'll likely board the Fellaini bandwagon tonight, but I'm not sure who to bring him in for, and with 3.0 in the bank I at least have options:

1. Maloney - I wouldn't like to be relying on him every week but he is a fantastic option for the bench spot from my 8 mid/for players

2. Nolan - A tough run of fixtures coming up, but he offers great long-term value.

3. Michu - Has cooled off lately, and actually only has 24 points from his last 8.

4. Cazorla - Probably not worth the money but he has Spurs away next and so far this season his big points have come at Liverpool, at City, at West Ham and at United.

My current midfield and strikeforce is:

Mata - Cazorla - Nolan - Michu - Maloney
    van Persie - Berbatov - Pogrebnyak

I'd like to upgrade Pog to a striker I can start every week, which I could comfortably do if I swap Cazorla for Fellaini, but would need another transfer (McAuley -> Gorkss) to afford a Ba or Giroud if I swapped Michu or Nolan for Fellaini.

I do have 2 free transfers this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Baines + Long out tonight. 1.4 million in the bank as it stands.

Going to bring in Suarez I think to leave me with a strike force of him, Ba and RVP. Donn't know who I'll get for Baines but won't be too hard to get someone.

Baines is just waaaayyyyy too much for someone not keeping any cleansheets

G1032 wrote: »

Going to bring in Suarez I think to leave me with a strike force of him, Ba and RVP. Donn't know who I'll get for Baines but won't be too hard to get someone.

If Suarez is booked tomorrow, he misses the next game so I'd hold off.

Tweet from SSN:

@SkyFootball: Theo Walcott has emerged as an injury doubt for England's friendly against Sweden after picking up a muscle injury. http://t.co/E600of8o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

G1032 wrote: »

Baines is on freekicks, penalties and corners and the occasional assist. I wouldn't be so quick to judge him. Give him 2 more games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

from BBC:

"Theo Walcott is an injury doubt for England's midweek friendly with Sweden after injuring his buttock muscles in Arsenal's 3-3 draw with Fulham."

Bum deal Theo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'll likely board the Fellaini bandwagon tonight, but I'm not sure who to bring him in for, and with 3.0 in the bank I at least have options:

1. Maloney - I wouldn't like to be relying on him every week but he is a fantastic option for the bench spot from my 8 mid/for players

2. Nolan - A tough run of fixtures coming up, but he offers great long-term value.

3. Michu - Has cooled off lately, and actually only has 24 points from his last 8.

4. Cazorla - Probably not worth the money but he has Spurs away next and so far this season his big points have come at Liverpool, at City, at West Ham and at United.

I'd like to upgrade Pog to a striker I can start every week, which I could comfortably do if I swap Cazorla for Fellaini, but would need another transfer (McAuley -> Gorkss) to afford a Ba or Giroud if I swapped Michu or Nolan for Fellaini.

IT

It's a home game for Arsenal so might be worth holding on to him. Plus after today, the fans will be expecting a big team performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

c3e775dde4294e9ec5fffcb67820856d.png
    Not adverse to taking a points hit to get Fellaini in @ 7.3m. 0.4m in the bank so eg Maloney + Zab out = Fellaini + 3.8m defender in (Ronnie Stam is the highest scoring 3.8m def with 1 point) so that's prob a no-go. Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Not adverse to taking a points hit to get Fellaini in @ 7.3m. 0.4m in the bank so eg Maloney + Zab out = Fellaini + 3.8m defender in (Ronnie Stam is the highest scoring 3.8m def with 1 point) so that's prob a no-go. Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Stam doesn't play though so you'll be badly stuck if you have a couple of suspensions/ injuries.

I wouldn't do it myself tbh.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Stam doesn't play though so you'll be badly stuck if you have a couple of suspensions/ injuries.

I wouldn't do it myself tbh.

Yeah, you're spot on, would take an 8 point hit to do it and bring in Fellaini and 2 others who will start regularly, not sure it's worth it tbh. Zabaleta out for def if he doesn't start tomorrow anyway.

Skippy44 wrote: »

Take out Taarabt instead of Maloney and you've got 4.3 for a defender, which is enough to get someone halfway decent.

Michu -> Fellaini done. 2.6 in the bank and 1 transfer left to ponder until Friday and to guard against any injuries during the midweek internationals.

Take out Taarabt instead of Maloney and you've got 4.3 for a defender, which is enough to get someone halfway decent.

That does seem the logical thing alright, Taarabt is threatening but not delivering recently. Zabaleta & Taraabt out, Fellaini & McCartney in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Fletcher -> Berbs this week for me. Was going to do it last week but figured Jenkinson -> Rafael was the more sensible option. Sickened now.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

just a simple baines - > rafael transfer for me. With Carzola on the horizon for a shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I have Ben Arfa and Crouch in my side with 1.7m in the bank.

Long term i don't really want either. Which do you gents reckon is the best combo:

1. Fellaini and Berbatov
    2. David Silva and Crouch.

I'd like Silva and Berba ideally but i'd be 0.2 short, and having RVP in my side i can't really weaken my team elsewhere to gain the 0.2m i'd need.

I'd lean towards Fellaini ( i had him and sold him just before his recent run of form) and Berba from the above options as Silva may be rested a bit, its just a pain as i really want Silva once he's fit but don't want Crouch. With forwards like Berba its always tempting to get them in after three good weeks but i know the minute i buy it will be 2,2,2,5,2,2 etc

• Advertisement

I have Ben Arfa and Crouch in my side with 1.7m in the bank.

Long term i don't really want either. Which do you gents reckon is the best combo:

1. Fellaini and Berbatov
    2. David Silva and Crouch.

I'd like Silva and Berba ideally but i'd be 0.2 short, and having RVP in my side i can't really weaken my team elsewhere to gain the 0.2m i'd need.

I'd lean towards Fellaini ( i had him and sold him just before his recent run of form) and Berba from the above options as Silva may be rested a bit, its just a pain as i really want Silva once he's fit but don't want Crouch. With forwards like Berba its always tempting to get them in after three good weeks but i know the minute i buy it will be 2,2,2,5,2,2 etc

I'd easily go with Fellaini and Berba over Silva and Crouch. Crouch just isn't a good player to have in FF.

He's been at clubs like Spurs and Liverpool and has never been consistent enough. A lot of people brought him in for Stoke's supposed easy run but all he has returned so far is an assist.

Silva isn't in form. Top player but is struggling to regain the form he had early last season.

cheers lemlin.

Silva has an assist in 2 of his last 3 games before his injury. I think once fit he will rack up the points assist-wise, chip in with a few goals and he's also a player who'll pick up bonus points (and clean sheets too with City seeming to have sorted their problems at the back). Personally i'd rather him than Fellaini in the long term, but my need to ditch Crouch is the most important factor to address, so i'll probbaly go Fellaini and Berba. One other positive is the cash i'll save allows me to upgrade Ba to Suarez for December where he's got good fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Santi out Valencia in,United have a nice run of games and seems to get alot of game time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Wouldn't be getting Valencia in on his last 2 showings he's been very poor .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd easily go with Fellaini and Berba over Silva and Crouch. Crouch just isn't a good player to have in FF.

He's been at clubs like Spurs and Liverpool and has never been consistent enough. A lot of people brought him in for Stoke's supposed easy run but all he has returned so far is an assist.

Silva isn't in form. Top player but is struggling to regain the form he had early last season.

Even in his best form I don't see Silva outscoring(pointswise) Fellaini this year, he just doesn't score enough goals and Fellaini is unmarkable at the moment.
    I have Crouch in my team and consider him good value at least, if he starts converting more of his chances he will pick up a lot of points also, he already has more points than Defoe and Torres despite not being at his very best, in saying that I fancied him to score yesterday and almost made him captain so my patience may run out if he doesn't find the net in the next two,
    If West Brom quit their rotation Shane Long could be great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Jax Teller wrote: »

Too late now haha,worth a roll of the dice with easy fixtures coming up and I know he can play class so lets just wait and see.
    I have Pienaar and this year I have stuck with players I brought in and not jumped bandwagons and its doing ok for me so far.That can all chane but heck its all part of the game :)

Jax Teller wrote: »

I'd agree with this. Valencia was woeful last night. He was constantly over playing crosses when in a good position.

At one stage, RVP was in the box in a great position near the centre of goal and Valencia ballooned it to the back post.

He's lucky Nani is out of favour or I reckon he'd be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

If Suarez is booked tomorrow, he misses the next game so I'd hold off.

They said that about Fell last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Mannoe out Mingolet in.

I need to start building towards DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Transfered Pienaar out lastnite for Fellaini but his price must have rose just before i done it because instead of getting him for 7.3 before the price rise i realised this morning he cost me 7.4. I had planned on getting Silva in for Cazorla if Silva had a good day today but i am now that .1 short to do it. :mad:

Shane732 wrote: »

I'd wait until today's game is over though. If he doesn't get booked, then bring him in.

Suarez is no Fellaini.

Tevez out for Berba is looking a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I need to get rid of Nasri. Will probably just get Fellaini in. That will bank me 0.7m. Only problem is I have Pienaar already. But everton have 2 good games coming up, and I might ship Pienaar out after those.

The other option I have is to ship Fletcher out of Berbatov. But this won't bank me any money. So if I do Nasri to Fellaini this week, it will give me 1.1 for when I get rid of Fletcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Get ready for the Giroud, Walcott and Berba bandwagons to come steaming through!
    Anyone buying Chico after yesterday , he's nearly undroppable after that performance

• Advertisement

Anyone buying Chico after yesterday , he's nearly undroppable after that performance

Chico didn't play yesterday?!

Or do you mean Chicarito?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Chico didn't play yesterday?!

Or do you mean Chicarito?
    Yes that's who I meant

Yes that's who I meant

He was certainly very good. But I can't see him getting regular time with RVP and Rooney in the team. So I certainly won't be getting him.

Silva will attract a lot of buyers this week. He looked great today imo. Will get the best out of Aguero too.

EDIT: basically rethinking my HBA to Fellaini move and going HBA to Silva instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Right i can do one or none of these or two of these moves.....

1 Carzola to Silva
    2 Tevez to Berba
    3 Ba to Berba

Any thoughts?????

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Right i can do one or none of these or two of these moves.....

1 Carzola to Silva
    2 Tevez to Berba
    3 Ba to Berba

Any thoughts?????

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, i'd like to hold off on Crouch to Berba but Berba will rise the full 0.3 this week i'd say. Berba's fixtures are not ideal after the Sunderland game though. Would keep Ba due to fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, i'd like to hold off on Crouch to Berba but Berba will rise the full 0.3 this week i'd say. Berba's fixtures are not ideal after the Sunderland game though. Would keep Ba due to fixtures.

Get Berba for 1 week maybe then get Ba back.......i need City cover v VILLA so Tevez or Silva will have to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Mannoe out Mingolet in.

I need to start building towards DGW.

The DGW isn't until GW 16 and 1 of Sderland fixtures is v Chelsea

Is it a good idea to take Tevez out at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Doing Ben Arfa to Fellaini I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Is it a good idea to take Tevez out at the moment?

keep him another week he has no midweek international game so most likely of city strikers to start next week

Suarez has just given attacking returns once more. I think Tevez is definitely in line for the chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Thinking of getting rid of Aguero and bringing in Berbatov.

Aguero just not scoring enough for his price and with Berbatov everything Fulham do seems to go through him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Did Fletcher to Berba last night before his price rise

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I have Tevez Ba and Valencia in my team with 1.5mil in the bank, looking to do one of 3 transfers

Tevez to Suarez/Aguero
    Ba to Suarez/Berbatov
    Valencia to Silva and Tevez to Suarez

Or no transfer at all . I got rid of berbatov this week for ba :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement