Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

228140.png

Not sure what route to go down this week. Really need to upgrade the Pog but also wouldn't mind swapping out Cazorla.

Any thoughts on what my move should be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Would anyone consider getting Silva in now? he got an assist against Spurs today. If he gets his game from now on he is a bargain at 9.3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just pulled the trigger on Tevez out, Berba in. Frees up 2.2 million to spread around my midfielders and defenders.

Berba should gain .3 this week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger on Tevez out, Berba in. Frees up 2.2 million to spread around my midfielders and defenders.

Bloody tempted on this but leaves me with no City cover for a home game against Villa,Carzola looks on very dodgy ground now with Silva back,2 moves maybe??

dahat wrote: »

Bloody tempted on this but leaves me with no City cover for a home game against Villa,Carzola looks on very dodgy ground now with Silva back,2 moves maybe??

I have Cazorla and I'm giving him one more week before probably moving him out for Walcott.

Silva doesn't score many and mainly gets assist and bonus points so I wouldn't take a hit for him myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

I just did the same today! Noticed that Berba's in very good form and it might last a while. Seems fixtureproof. Tevez hasn't done too much lately either.

Ace0x9 wrote: »

I just did the same today! Noticed that Berba's in very good form and it might last a while. Seems fixtureproof. Tevez hasn't done too much lately either.

Fulham are scoring a lot so Berba should continue to mop up points alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I know he is a solid bet to rack up points over the season as a whole but is anyone else thinking the money spent on Baines could be used elsewhere? Everton haven't kept a CS since GW5 and Baines has only scored more then 2 points once in the last 4 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Defoe out & Berbatov in for me.

• Advertisement

I know he is a solid bet to rack up points over the season as a whole but is anyone else thinking the money spent on Baines could be used elsewhere? Everton haven't kept a CS since GW5 and Baines has only scored more then 2 points once in the last 4 weeks!

Already dropped him for Gorkks who out scored him this week.

Clean sheets are few and far between this season. Money is better spent on mids and forwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

I swapped Chicharito out for Rooney on Friday night, and had shawcross on my bench.... oh FF how you do annoy me sometime

Already dropped him for Gorkks who out scored him this week.

Clean sheets are few and far between this season. Money is better spent on mids and forwards.

Beginning to think of bringing in a cheaper option myself to free up funds for elsewhere... Riise maybe? not sure who, already have Rafael and McAuley!

Had 2 transfers this week but ive just done Fletcher to Berbatov and im either going to do Tevez to Ba or Michu to Fellaini ill decide closer to the end of the week i guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

keane2097 wrote: »
    228140.png

Not sure what route to go down this week. Really need to upgrade the Pog but also wouldn't mind swapping out Cazorla.

Any thoughts on what my move should be?

Dump Santi for Nolan, bring in Crouch as third striker, wasting your time with the other fella.

Ba out Berba in tonight.

Hopefully Berba rises the max and Ba drops the max so i can do a straight swap next week......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Im getting rid of Defoe, who should I get Berb or Suarez?

• Advertisement

irish son wrote: »
    Im getting rid of Defoe, who should I get Berb or Suarez?

I'd see Suarez as the better choice of those two. He's bang in form and has Wigan at home next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I'd see Suarez as the better choice of those two. He's bang in form and has Wigan at home next week.

Yeah thats what I was leaning to, thanks. I think ill do it tonight incase of a price rise/fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

lads, who is more important to buy in atm

Felleini
    Berba
    or
    Suarez

wanna do it tonight cus they will all go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Took a 12 point hit :mad:

Ba out Berb in
    Michu out Fellaini in
    Baird (Suspended until 24 Nov) out Cameron (Stoke) in
    Torres out Aguero in
    Team value = £103.4m
    In the bank = £0.2m
    5cjfdi.jpg
    And no I haven't been drinking :pac:

12 points? haha

Was thinking bout gettin Aguero but i dont know yet. still to expensive

• Advertisement

RB100 wrote: »

Felleini
    Berba
    or
    Suarez

I'd put Fellaini top of the three. Virtually playing like a striker and in great form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

RB100 wrote: »

Felleini
    Berba
    or
    Suarez

Suarez in my opinion

manster wrote: »
    Took a 12 point hit :mad:

Ba out Berb in
    Michu out Fellaini in
    Baird (Suspended until 24 Nov) out Cameron (Stoke) in
    Torres out Aguero in
    Team value = £103.4m
    In the bank = £0.2m

And no I haven't been drinking :pac:

A 12 point hit!!!:eek::eek::eek: Madness!
    Defo wouldnt have rushed to get Aguero in considering his rotation risk and definitely not for a point hit when he might not even get the oppeortunity to score next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

I've a midfield of Pienaar, Michu, Sterling, Hazard and Bale and haven't being producing lately at all. I'd love to get Fellaini in but don't have the funds so I'm thinking Pienaar -> Nolan straight away and Michu to A. Johnson next week as Sunderlsnd have a nice run of fixtures coming up and a DGW anyone reccomend another 7.0m midfielder instead of Nolan??

no12 wrote: »
    I've a midfield of Pienaar, Michu, Sterling, Hazard and Bale and haven't being producing lately at all. I'd love to get Fellaini in but don't have the funds so I'm thinking Pienaar -> Nolan straight away and Michu to A. Johnson next week as Sunderlsnd have a nice run of fixtures coming up and a DGW anyone reccomend another 7.0m midfielder instead of Nolan??

yea do that id say...thinking of shipping pienaar -> Felleini but only have 1 transfer so its either him or the other 2 mentioned above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Berba in Crouch out
    McAuley in Baines out

1.9 million in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Tevez and Ba to Saurez and Berba for a four point hit, think its worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

manu2009 wrote: »
    I'd leave Ba, Newcastle are playing Swansea at home next weekend so there a good chance he could bag a few goals. Get rid of Tevez, he is hit and miss, bring in Suarez and captain him, he is invaluable IMO. He has saved me the last couple of GW's. Liverpool's next 3 games are Wigan, Swansea and Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

manu2009 wrote: »
    I've got the same problem, have RVP/Ba/Tevez at the moment. I want to get Berba and Suarez in but mainly Suarez.

To do this, I need to downgrade Ba to Berba, Bale to Walcott or Pienaar to a sub-6.4 midfielder. I've decided to hold on to Ba for his run (6 of his next 7 games could have good returns). I can't decide on a good midfielder to replace Pienaar for under 6.4 (already have Morrison & Maloney). The final option is the Bale to Walcott switch, but with Walcott's injury, this complicates matters.

This damn game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Was thinking of ditching Baines then I looked at the overall points page.
    Only Michu, Nolan and Fellaini cost less but have scored more than him so I'll hold onto him (for the next 2 games at least).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A 4 point hit to bring in Ba and Felliani for Lambert and Bale paid for itself and then some.

Another 4 point hit which involves Cazorla out is on the cards! great player, but he has no one around him to finish!

I've got the same problem, have RVP/Ba/Tevez at the moment. I want to get Berba and Suarez in but mainly Suarez.

To do this, I need to downgrade Ba to Berba, Bale to Walcott or Pienaar to a sub-6.4 midfielder. I've decided to hold on to Ba for his run (6 of his next 7 games could have good returns). I can't decide on a good midfielder to replace Pienaar for under 6.4 (already have Morrison & Maloney). The final option is the Bale to Walcott switch, but with Walcott's injury, this complicates matters.

This damn game.

Routledge for Swansea is involved in a lot of their goals, he'll continue to pick up points(5.4m),
    Ramires of Southampton will definitely improve, he scored a lot of goals in Italy last year(6m)

You'd be mad to swap Bale for Walcott, Bale hasn't picked up points the last two weeks but he had a couple of near things yesterday and he will continue to terrorise poor defences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Brought Berbs in last night before his price went up. Been making a lot of my transfers early this season, hasn't come back to bite me yet but I'm sure it will at some stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Brought Berbs in last night before his price went up. Been making a lot of my transfers early this season, hasn't come back to bite me yet but I'm sure it will at some stage.

I think with the recent chances to how players increase in value, it's almost a necessity at this stage. berba will have risen 0.3 by Wed/Thu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

may have to get rid of Ivan.

eating up too many funds to justify the price at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Would have liked to get Suarez in but don't want to sacrifice any of my front 3 of Ba,Berba & RVP.
    Just got Berba in yesterday & Ba has some nice fixtures & he was very unlucky not to get a goal yesterday.RVP is simply undroppable.

Happy enough with my midfield but Carzola might have to go soon unless Arsenal improve.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think with the recent chances to how players increase in value, it's almost a necessity at this stage. berba will have risen 0.3 by Wed/Thu.

Yeah. I think it gives an unfair advantage to managers like us that check forums and FISO etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah. I think it gives an unfair advantage to managers like us that check forums and FISO etc.

I see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't agree with using 'unfair advantage' to describe it. If people want to do their homework, these sites are easy to come across. It ties in with everything else.....if you're willing to put a bit more time/research into it, you'll get more from it. As opposed to someone who logs in once a week on Saturday morning to make a transfer and pick his team.

Fizman wrote: »
    I see where you're coming from, but I wouldn't agree with using 'unfair advantage' to describe it. If people want to do their homework, these sites are easy to come across. It ties in with everything else.....if you're willing to put a bit more time/research into it, you'll get more from it. As opposed to someone who logs in once a week on Saturday morning to make a transfer and pick his team.

My point is that if you put extra time in you will always have a slight edge, and over the course of a season you should win your private leagues if the rest of the managers are of the 'log in once a week' variety. But by making this advantage even more noticeable with quicker price rises I think it makes the gap widen even further. A lot of managers don't even pay attention and have no understanding of how the price system works.

I usually win most of my private leagues purely because I put more time in than the rest of the managers, but it's usually close enough at least until March/April. This season I've already got a 40+ point lead in most of my main leagues (work/mates/football team etc) and with my current team I'd be surprised if I'm not top for the rest of the season, which is prompting people to lose interest way too early in the season and say they don't think they'll play next year. Most of them have a team value of £101 - £102 so I can't see how they can even challenge for the rest of the season. One of them came up to me the other day asking how it was possible my team was worth £107m, and if I'd found a 'cheat' to get extra cash :o

It takes a lot of the fun out of it when you can gain such an advantage due to price rises. I think it should just be a slight advantage to keep the playing field as level as possible and keep casual players involved at least until after Christmas.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    may have to get rid of Ivan.

eating up too many funds to justify the price at the moment.

Me too, who do you plan on replacing him with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Me too, who do you plan on replacing him with?

that's the problem.

i was thinking of going a bit mad.

Rio Ferdinand is a possibility at the moment :eek:

it'll give me 1m of extra funds, and i just don't see anyone else who is that enticing, unless I'm to double up on West Ham or Stoke defenders/GK.

and if Terry is out injured for a while, Ivan will be CB, taking away his penchant for freely getting into the opposition box like he had been at RB. Ferdinand, if Ivan is at CB, wouldn't be much of a downgrade, he'll play every game, and Utd have some lovely fixtures coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Wouldn't be at all convinced Ferdinand will play every game especially with softer fixtures in the offing. Ferguson is a gem for the bizarro "resting" of players.

SlickRic wrote: »
    that's the problem.

i was thinking of going a bit mad.

Rio Ferdinand is a possibility at the moment :eek:

it'll give me 1m of extra funds, and i just don't see anyone else who is that enticing, unless I'm to double up on West Ham or Stoke defenders/GK.

and if Terry is out injured for a while, Ivan will be CB, taking away his penchant for freely getting into the opposition box like he had been at RB. Ferdinand, if Ivan is at CB, wouldn't be much of a downgrade, he'll play every game, and Utd have some lovely fixtures coming.

Surely Cahill and Luiz will play most games together now with Ivan at right and fit again Cole at left?

Surely Cahill and Luiz will play most games together now with Ivan at right and fit again Cole at left?

My thoughts, exactly.

My thoughts, exactly.

If you want to get rid of Ivanovic to save a bit of money Rafael would be a good bet, he will play every game, chip in with an occasional goal and some assists, Ferguson loves him, Rio hasn't scored in 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm also contemplating the Fellaini/Berbatov bandwagon. I've missed a little bit of a price jump by not doing it already, but I wanted to give more thought to the transfers. Don't want to leave it much longer though.

At the moment I'm thinking Pienaar and Ba (or Tevez) out for the pair. Can't decide between Ba and Tevez though. If it was for Tevez, it'd leave me 1.2m in the bank for a future transfer.

Maybe but they have David Guetta playing RB and he looks decent,i think he will get a right run there and rotate the 3 CB's.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Maybe but they have David Guetta playing RB and he looks decent,i think he will get a right run there and rotate the 3 CB's.......

I thought he left Spurs for Madrid at the end of the transfer window? :p

If you want to get rid of Ivanovic to save a bit of money Rafael would be a good bet, he will play every game, chip in with an occasional goal and some assists, Ferguson loves him, Rio hasn't scored in 5 years.

I already have Rafael. Had him for 3 gameweeks. At one point of time, I had both Ivanovic and Baines. Need to get rid of Iva now.

I don't understand the David Guetta thing:confused: but I don't see Azpilicueta playing much, why would DiMatteo not play his best players? Ivanovic is a class full back, Luiz plays every time he's fit, Cahill can do everything Terry does and Cole can't be dropped, maybe a little bit of rotation against weaker teams but thats it, It's a good time to buy Cahill to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement