Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    I already have Rafael. Had him for 3 gameweeks. At one point of time, I had both Ivanovic and Baines. Need to get rid of Iva now.

Caulker for Spurs is still very cheap and he's first choice now whoever is fit, it'd give you over 2M in change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I don't understand the David Guetta thing:confused: but I don't see Azpilicueta playing much, why would DiMatteo not play his best players? Ivanovic is a class full back, Luiz plays every time he's fit, Cahill can do everything Terry does and Cole can't be dropped, maybe a little bit of rotation against weaker teams but thats it, It's a good time to buy Cahill to be honest.

Humour,failed attempt maybe,heard his name in a game and all i heard was the last bit,Guetta...
    I think he will get alot of gametime but i could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Caulker for Spurs is still very cheap and he's first choice now whoever is fit, it'd give you over 2M in change.

Think he'll still play when BAE is back or will they shift Vertonghen back into the middle with Gallas? Can't really see Gallas being dropped as he's the captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

anyone dropping Ba is asking for trouble by the way.

he should've scored at least one yesterday.

i may even captain him this week, depending on if I think RVP will start or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

keane2097 wrote: »
    Think he'll still play when BAE is back or will they shift Vertonghen back into the middle with Gallas? Can't really see Gallas being dropped as he's the captain?

I think he will have to be dropped, as he is fcu*ing woeful! Worst player in the squad by some distance, and is continually at fault for goals. If he isn't dropped, AVB will be out of a job by NY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

SlickRic wrote: »
    anyone dropping Ba is asking for trouble by the way.

he should've scored at least one yesterday.

i may even captain him this week, depending on if I think RVP will start or not.

Ha! I thought the same and thought about dropping Tevez for Berbatov instead. Super confused and haven't hit the "confirm transfer" button as yet. Need City cover too.

Think I'll go Pog -> Ba in that case and hang onto Cazorla for another couple of weeks.

Would be tempted to get Caulker in next week as well but must take a look at Spurs' fixtures.

EDIT: What's the site to check price rises/drops again actually? Heard people saying Ba might decrease so might as well check it out.

EDIT: What's the site to check price rises/drops again actually?

FISO. Google it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

RVP is doubtful on ff ,Worst case scenario who would ya get to cover rvp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

IF he is injured, it would probably only be for one game. No way i'm even considering dropping him, for anyone.

• Advertisement

On current form Caulker has to play but of course that could change, Verthongen will definitely play no matter what, Kaboul and BAE will be in with a shout, BAE in particular will certainly force his way in in time, Walker and Gallas have been dreadful so should both lose out in a full strenght side, Caulker is the value there, will score a few goals

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

On current form Caulker has to play but of course that could change, Verthongen will definitely play no matter what, Kaboul and BAE will be in with a shout, BAE in particular will certainly force his way in in time, Walker and Gallas have been dreadful so should both lose out in a full strenght side, Caulker is the value there, will score a few goals
    Cant see Walker loosing his place

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Cant see Walker loosing his place

Until a few weeks ago I would have thought it was impossible but he has been so poor lately in comparison to last year that it can't be ruled out, I think Gallas is more likely to be dropped though, Kaboul could also come back in, I still think Caulker will play no matter what, of course these things can change but form can't be completely ignored.

But who would Spurs play at right-back if they were to drop Walker?

But who would Spurs play at right-back if they were to drop Walker?

We've gone off topic a bit, just checked and Walker is owned by over 11%, thats a surprise.
    I'm a Spurs supporter, really like him as a player and I'm sure he'll return to form, Caulker is a future English first choice IMO.
    To answer your question if Walker was dropped I'm sure Vert or Kaboul could do the job better than he does at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

fletcher to berbatov anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

NN215 wrote: »

Easiest transfer ive ever made!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

NN215 wrote: »

Done it 3 weeks ago and haven't looked back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Routledge for Swansea is involved in a lot of their goals, he'll continue to pick up points(5.4m),
    Ramires of Southampton will definitely improve, he scored a lot of goals in Italy last year(6m)

You'd be mad to swap Bale for Walcott, Bale hasn't picked up points the last two weeks but he had a couple of near things yesterday and he will continue to terrorise poor defences.

Thanks. Thinking of swapping Pienaar out for Ramires or Lallana to facilitate my Tevez to Suarez transfer. Southampton have better fixtures than Swansea over the next while.

Ba is frustrating but will be kept in for the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ferguson also said after the villa game on match of the day "Hernandez has picked himself for next week"

so even if RVP is fit he may be rested because it's Norwich. Or it could be rooney to make way or else or course all 3 play with Rooney dropping back to midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I couldn't stick by Torres any longer. he's got a total of 5 points from the last 4 gameweeks.
    I fear he could have another big gameweek but i can't stick by him while his price drops and there are other players on such good form for cheaper.

So berbatov is in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

To Nolan, or not to Nolan? It's now or never really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

S.M.B. wrote: »

Fraid it was about 3 weeks ago.

I didn't get him in and I'm regretting it.....

In terms of price?

Well if he keeps up this scoring then he's well worth his current value. I didn't get him in 3 weeks ago 'cause of his fixtures and they're not looking like improving any time soon either.

Feck it, I'll hold out until the new year and hopefully he'll have a slow few weeks and people will drop him in their droves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

S.M.B. wrote: »

Only player I've held since GW 1. Worth his weight in 6.0 gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Is it worth bringing in Jaaskelainen? Biggest mistake I've made this season so far was transferring him out in Gameweek 3, I have no idea why I did that. I was just about to get him in again as he's due a rise tonight but then I checked West Hams next 5 games :eek:

Stoke (h)
    Spurs (a)
    United (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Liverpool (h)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

PWEI wrote: »
    Is it worth bringing in Jaaskelainen? Biggest mistake I've made this season so far was transferring him out in Gameweek 3, I have no idea why I did that. I was just about to get him in again as he's due a rise tonight but then I checked West Hams next 5 games :eek:

Stoke (h)
    Spurs (a)
    United (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Liverpool (h)
    With those fixtures I'd stay well away from Jaask. Bring in Begovic, he is the same price as Jaask and Stoke's next 6 games are decent.

West Ham (away)
    Fulham (home)
    Newcastle (home)
    West Brom (away)
    Aston Villa (away)
    Everton (home).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Santi and Tevez out, Fellini and Suarez in, have had Tevez from day 1 and he has done well but think he could be rotated alot more now that they are almost out of Champions League and he hasn't really done much in last 2 games. Leaves with both Pineear and Fellini but don't mind that for the next 2 weeks, will then drop one of them and try to build in some city attacking cover, not sure how or who yet though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bit the bullet on Fellaini and Berbatov for Pienaar and Tevez. I'm worried that Dzeko is going to start muscling his way into the first XI at City, his form has been great. The double move gives me 1.2m to play with for next week or the week after too.

PWEI wrote: »

Stoke (h)
    Spurs (a)
    United (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Liverpool (h)

There is fantastic value to be had in West Hams defence, Jaask isn't the best of them by any means, O'Brien and McCartney look like they might be settled into the team at 4m each while Winston Reid looks like a really good player for 5m, he could score a few goals and will play every minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

everyone really is going to have the same team soon.

all aboard the Fellaini and Berba wagons! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Thats the problem with pricing this year. Only a handful of players above 10m and a lot of reasonably priced ~7m players performing well.
    You dont struggle to fit two or three 12m+ superstars into the same team as there only is one such player (VP)

There is fantastic value to be had in West Hams defence, Jaask isn't the best of them by any means, O'Brien and McCartney look like they might be settled into the team at 4m each while Winston Reid looks like a really good player for 5m, he could score a few goals and will play every minute.
    I think Demel will get his place back with McCartney loosing out. Demel played every game this season before getting injured and he was back from injury on Sunday and replaced McCartney after 67mins.

Just pointing that out as alot of people are transferring in McCartney.

I think Demel will get his place back with McCartney loosing out. Demel played every game this season before getting injured and he was back from injury on Sunday and replaced McCartney after 67mins.

Just pointing that out as alot of people are transferring in McCartney.

That would be nice as I've been stuck with Demel all through his injury - would like to think I might end up getting something out of it!

That would be nice as I've been stuck with Demel all through his injury - would like to think I might end up getting something out of it!
    I have stuck with him too so im hoping for the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

As I am saying in every thread, Fellaini is done and dusted. Gone. You would be an idiot to get him in now. He definitely won't score higher than 3 points next week against Reading, and he'll pick up a yellow so he misses the 'easy' home tie against Norwich. Following this he'll have three tough fixtures against Arsenal, City and Spurs in which he won't score well.

Is this too much to ask :o

It'll be interesting, McCartney has done little wrong to deserve being dropped and Demel is no superstar.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It'll be interesting, McCartney has done little wrong to deserve being dropped and Demel is no superstar.

Au contraire, he is actually a very good player with alot of experience. It's just that he has been plagued by injuries throughout his career. When he is fit, he should be starting for WHU imho.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Au contraire, he is actually a very good player with alot of experience. It's just that he has been plagued by injuries throughout his career. When he is fit, he should be starting for WHU imho.

Thanks, I know who he is, my point is that McCartney has been performing well in a defence that is performing well, Demel may not walk into the team, perhaps they will both be accomodated as they have in the past.

Thanks, I know who he is, my point is that McCartney has been performing well in a defence that is performing well, Demel may not walk into the team, perhaps they will both be accomodated as they have in the past.
    Yes you are rite. Demel at right-back and McCartney at left-back with O'Brian loosing out. Then everbody would be happy except O'Brien owners :).

• Advertisement

Yes you are rite. Demel at right-back and McCartney at left-back with O'Brian loosing out. Then everbody would be happy except O'Brien owners :).

I've owned McCartney for about 5 weeks and have yet to use him on gameday, like most I suppose i play with a back 3, he is fifth choice usually but has picked up more points than most in that time, at 3.9 million he was great value

I've owned McCartney for about 5 weeks and have yet to use him on gameday, like most I suppose i play with a back 3, he is fifth choice usually but has picked up more points than most in that time, at 3.9 million he was great value

I agree, I got both, McCartney and Gorkks. When they were at 3.9; Cash well spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Happy enough to have stuck with Berbatov from earlier in the season but looking at Sunderland's up coming fixtures I can see Fletcher getting a few goals. Those transferring over from one to the other should keep fixtures in mind. Also, there are only three points in total between both players which is hard to believe.

My transfer this week is Hazard -> Silva.

I can see him over the next few weeks being the main man at City while Hazard is growing increasingly inconsistent. Santi will be biting the bullet next week no matter what happens. I don't care if the man scores over 15 this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ice87 wrote: »
    I don't care if the man scores over 15 this week.

O RLY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Right, first hit of the season, but necessary I think.

Hazard -> Silva
    Tevez -> Suarez

As well as form reasons comes financial. With this transfer made tonight I have 0.2m left. By Saturday I would not be able to do it as Suarez is going to go up at least .1m more, and both Haz and Tevez are set to drop.

A lot of confidence here in Silva, I had him earlier in the season when I was a little greener, I think he is one of the most overpriced players on there, he had a hell of a lot of assists last year but I'm not sure if he'll justify the price tag this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I took my second points hit of the season bringing in Berbatov and Mignolet for Koné and McCarthy. Both my keepers are injured and I didn't want to wait any longer on the Berba transfer. He has been delivering excellent returns all season, hopefully this pays off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It appears most people now see the ideal front line as:

Berbatov - RVP - Suarez

Well from the transfers people seem to be making anyway.

Think I'm going to stick with Berbatov - RVP - Tevez for another 2 weeks or so and reassess things then. Hopefully Suarez will have picked up his yellow card by then and Tevez will be back outperforming him.

Sterling is such cheap access into the Liverpool attack that I'm hoping that this pays off over the course of the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Got Berbatov in for Tevez last night. Now have an itchy trigger finger and am considering going for Ba out/Suarez in. Madness?

Edit: Did it. Now to hide under some coats and hope that somehow everything will work out.

Advertisement