Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I've had him for weeks happily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Berbatov in for Ba/Tevez/RVP? Or should I keep the 3 I have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Steven81 wrote: »
    Why are so many people getting in Berbatov, apart from next 2 games whose teams dont let in many (sunderland (h), stoke (a)) they have chelsea, spurs newcastle then. After that they have qpr,liverpool, soton. swansea, wba and wigan. Surely it would be better to get him in for these games.

I hope i dont live to regret this

Fulham are scoring for fun against anyone. 3 away to Arsenal and 2 away to United for example.

Berba is in form and on penos.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Lemlin wrote: »
    Fulham are scoring for fun against anyone. 3 away to Arsenal and 2 away to United for example.

Berba is in form and on penos.

Sun (h) and Sto (a) are actually tricky fixtures IMO, especially for racking up goals, O Neill and Pulis very defensive minded.

Steven81 has a bit of point re fixtures.

Having said that Berb is a shoe in if you have him for any game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

moreau wrote: »

Sun (h) and Sto (a) are actually tricky fixtures IMO, especially for racking up goals, O Neill and Pulis very defensive minded.

Steven81 has a bit of point re fixtures.

Having said that Berb is a shoe in if you have him for any game

I agree they are tricky fixtures. My point, which you seem to have missed, is that Berba has shown he can score against anyone so fixtures aren't necessarily important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Lemlin wrote: »
    I agree they are tricky fixtures. My point, which you seem to have missed, is that Berba has shown he can score against anyone so fixtures aren't necessarily important.

Yeah agree he can play any game, and there is no question of getting him in

I guess I was thinking (and the above poster) is if someone does not have him and their team badly needs changes in defense and midfield (like me:() is now the best time to get him at the expense of other transfers, or plan for when fixtures are a bit better?

i.e. do the fixtures take the gloss off him being a priority transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I have 2.1 mill in the bank and 1 transfer left.

Having getting rid of Tevez, I now have no City players which I think I need.

Silva is the player I want but should I oust Santi, Hazard or Michu?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Board has successfully convinced me to not do to Muchu -> Taarabt.

Board shall either be applauded or derided for it's group decision come 5.00pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Steven81 wrote: »
    Why are so many people getting in Berbatov, apart from next 2 games whose teams dont let in many (sunderland (h), stoke (a)) they have chelsea, spurs newcastle then. After that they have qpr,liverpool, soton. swansea, wba and wigan. Surely it would be better to get him in for these games.

I hope i dont live to regret this

you have a good point re. fixtures. for that point i haven't gotten him in, i hope i don't regret it. he's been scoring well, that's the simple reason so many have gotten him in, though personally i think his big points haul against Arsenal might be a bit misleading, Arsenal's defending was utterly shocking and virtually gifted Fulham their goals. i do agree though their upcoming run of fixtures is fairly tough so for that point i hope he does sfa for the next while then i'll swoop in and get him at a cheaper price after them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kill Ach

Cole to Wisdom a good move ?

• Advertisement

Kill Ach wrote: »
    Cole to Wisdom a good move ?

Wisdom's place under threat since the return of Enrique. Enrique had an excellent game last week motm. I think Enrique(lb) and Johnson(rb) will be first choice once both fit. Enrique could be a sneaky differential actually as he tends to get forward alot

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

I personally would wait for Lucas to be back (and match fit) before looking at Liverpool defence. Think Joe Allen is struggling in a position that he is not a natural in, and his last 2 matches have seen a significant drop-off in performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I believe Joe Allen is Rodgers favorite player, he's a banker to play every minute of every game, for that reason alone he might be worth a look at for his current price, needs to be involved in the final third more often though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I believe Joe Allen is Rodgers favorite player, he's a banker to play every minute of every game, for that reason alone he might be worth a look at for his current price, needs to be involved in the final third more often though.

2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2.

Reasons not to get Joe Allen.

Actually, all jokes aside, here are his actual scores...

2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1

I would not touch Allen with a bargepole tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wade_barrett

i want to get rid of per mertersaker 5.1 millions and ill have 5.7 to find a replacement anyone got any suggestions ? .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

i want to get rid of per mertersaker 5.1 millions and ill have 5.7 to find a replacement anyone got any suggestions ? .

Depends who else you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

I'd like to get a new keeper in to replace Howard, as he hasn't been living up to my expectations.

Any thoughts on the best choice keeper to get in for the next few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Should I do Jelavic to Suarez or just keep my transfer for next week?

Jelavic away to Reading
    Suarez home to Wigan

Enrique. Seriously... he's exactly 5.7. he assisted in the game before last, and almost scored a goal at the death v Chelsea. he picked up a bp in both games. Liverpool's fixtures are as favourable as anyone's between now and Christmas, bound to be a few cs's in there, and you'd imagine some attacking returns too... go for it!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2.

Reasons not to get Joe Allen.

Actually, all jokes aside, here are his actual scores...

2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1

I would not touch Allen with a bargepole tbh

Feckit you're a misery guts,;) personally I wouldn't be bothered with him either but there is potential there, for under 5m you won't be expecting a huge return from a midfielder, just because guys haven't picked up big points to date doesn't mean they never will, Allen had 4 goals last year and as I said he is a banker to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Feckit you're a misery guts,;) personally I wouldn't be bothered with him either but there is potential there, for under 5m you won't be expecting a huge return from a midfielder, just because guys haven't picked up big points to date doesn't mean they never will, Allen had 4 goals last year and as I said he is a banker to play

He is a fantastic player an controls a lot of the play for Liverpool but FF wise he is just too deep and hasnt got up front at all to score any points! I would think it is madness for any player to have him in their team!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wade_barrett

manual_man wrote: »
    Enrique. Seriously... he's exactly 5.7. he assisted in the game before last, and almost scored a goal at the death v Chelsea. he picked up a bp in both games. Liverpool's fixtures are as favourable as anyone's between now and Christmas, bound to be a few cs's in there, and you'd imagine some attacking returns too... go for it!

thanks man thats what ill do :D

He is a fantastic player an controls a lot of the play for Liverpool but FF wise he is just too deep and hasnt got up front at all to score any points! I would think it is madness for any player to have him in their team!

I'd agree with most of that and I don't or don't plan to have him in my team, alls I'm saying is that as a bench player for under 5m he will play every game and he had 4 goals and 4 assists last year, an owner could be lucky if they had to use him, he has as much potential for points as any player for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

That will only happen when Lucas returns

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd agree with most of that and I don't or don't plan to have him in my team, alls I'm saying is that as a bench player for under 5m he will play every game and he had 4 goals and 4 assists last year, an owner could be lucky if they had to use him, he has as much potential for points as any player for that price.

mark noble is a better option will also have mainly 2s or 3s but because hes on pens there is the odd wk he will score big

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Defensive midfielders are a no no in FF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thinking of selling RVP (bought for 13.3, currently 13.7) for Suarez
    Utd have some easy games coming up though!

Or I could sell Ba instead for him - infact i think thats the better option,
    (my other striker is Berba)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

By far the better option....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

need help !
    who should be my first eleven this weekend?

begovic/jaskelainen
    baines/riise/rangel/cameron(stoke)/clyne
    mata/hazard/michu/nolan/maloney
    rvp/berba/lambert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

NN215 wrote: »
    need help !
    who should be my first eleven this weekend?

begovic/jaskelainen
    baines/riise/rangel/cameron(stoke)/clyne
    mata/hazard/michu/nolan/maloney
    rvp/berba/lambert

I'd say

Jussi
    baines/riise/rangel....
    mata/hazard/michu/nolan
    rvp/berba/lambert

Advertisement