Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PARIS MARATHON 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭physiopad

Just over 9 weeks to go... everyone still on board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

Aye!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭The Davestator

physiopad wrote: »

Yep - 18 miles to do in the morning. Going to Vegas for two weeks prior to the marathon so need to be ahead of my plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sara2002

Still on board!

Yep - 18 miles to do in the morning. Going to Vegas for two weeks prior to the marathon so need to be ahead of my plan!

Fair play to you - but ya Vegas could be dangerous! :D

Im on 15miles at the moment. Plan peaks at 20miles which will be Paddys weekend. :eek: I Have been very good sticking to my plan -in spite of the weather - and have avoided injury (so far), so cautiously optimistic I can survive the 26miles

• Advertisement

Can always do some desert running! That'll prepare you for anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

Just run around here, it'll be just like the real thing:
    http://www.parislasvegas.com/

I'm still on, and anticipating a third week of sticking to my plan (a 12 week P&D up to 55 plan)

All going well so far thankfully...the weeks are flying in really.

Still have to sort out accommodation, and a medical cert, and maybe new runners :)

coalshed wrote: »
    Just run around here, it'll be just like the real thing:
    http://www.parislasvegas.com/

LOL,great idea-race day training!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

physiopad wrote: »

Afraid not guys. I've been injured since after Dublin. The recovery is so slow. Am now up to 3 runs a week, longest in last few months has been 5miles so def not the prep I had hoped for for Paris. I stupidly signed up and booked flights back in Nobember, so the jury is still out whether we will go for the weekend regardless. ( I could always walk it :) Disappointed I won't be making the start line but one thing this has thought me is that you don't underestimate what a marathon takes out of ya. Hope your all enjoying your training , I'm so jealous of people going for long runs :) So whenever your dreading/don't want to go for a run think of how fortunate you are to have your health and how brilliant you will feel after :) Happy Training!

• Advertisement

runb.png

Heading out for a 'wee' jog.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

Up to 12 miles and going well!

Booking accommodation today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Registered and accommodation booked a few weeks back.

Ran 17 this morning. Not far away now at all.

Best of luck to everyone on here over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

Hey all, hope training is going as well for everyone.
    Had a bad day yesterday and didn't manage to finish my 17 miles as planned :( ...ended up walking the last 2 miles as I was completely drained. I had a cold at the start of the week (+travelling with work) so I think my energy levels were down.
    Hopefully I can get back on track next week with the long run.

coco7 wrote: »
    Had a bad day yesterday and didn't manage to finish my 17 miles as planned :( ...ended up walking the last 2 miles as I was completely drained. I had a cold at the start of the week (+travelling with work) so I think my energy levels were down.

Don't worry about it. I did 18 last week and felt really drained for the last few miles. Did 13 yesterday in a record time for me just to get back on track. Back to slow ones next week, but needed to know i could do a half mara fast!

I re realised the importance of the food prior to the long runs!

coco7 wrote: »
    That's tough but you'll be ok. Better to back off for a day or two now and get rested up than push too hard and get yourself sick.

Did 16.5 LR today. Sh1ts getting serious! :D Fairly enough with pace etc. Few minor niggles.

Delighted to have survived training this far and to be feeling good. Still hard to believe will have to run an extra 9-10miles on the day.:eek:

Only regret is not having 1 extra week in my training plan.

Good to hear everyone else doing well. Chin-up Coco7. The odd disappointing run is probably to to be expected.

I am doing a half marathon on Sunday which I'm hoping to do at race pace. Will be a good indicaction of how well my training is going!

I just looked at flights! :eek: This race is going to break me financially!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

I feel your pain!
    I got good value on flights (booked in december) but now all those savings have been spent on "cheap" (by Paris standards) accommodation :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Looking for hotels in Paris is so confusing, there's just too many and oh so expensive. As I'm def not able to run, I'm looking at selling my flights. I've 2 x Aer Lingus, Would require change name fee, but if anyone interested PM me.
    Hope everyone's training is going well. Must make it allot easier now that the days are getting longer. I'm aiming for 7miles myself this weekend, a slow road to recovery but it's great to be back :)

DOCO12 wrote: »
    Looking for hotels in Paris is so confusing, there's just too many and oh so expensive. As I'm def not able to run, I'm looking at selling my flights. I've 2 x Aer Lingus, Would require change name fee, but if anyone interested PM me.
    Hope everyone's training is going well. Must make it allot easier now that the days are getting longer. I'm aiming for 7miles myself this weekend, a slow road to recovery but it's great to be back :)

I'm flying from Scotland myself - thanks for the offer though. I fly there about 6/7 a year for about £50 normally, it's looking like three times that this time. Thankfully I have free accommodation though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BonBon75

We are well on schedule Davestator......the half-marathon race pace was the key last week.....now back to the LSR......with the confidence intact!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

Cheers for the support guys, indeed last week was a blip and was back in form today. Completed 18 miles with some energy left so my confidence is up again :) Was a lovely Spring day in Paris so perfect for running along the Seine!

Sorry, I can't help much on the hotel search, but be warned that all the hotel rooms in Paris seem to be shoe boxes. Don't expect a huge breakfast either so so probably wise to bring the porridge with you!

Well folks, how's training going?

I had a half marathon last weekend in Bohermeen which went fairly well with a pb just about achieved.

Training wise I've slacked off a bit of late but I'll be knuckling down now for the last few weeks. Hope to do 2 x 20 milers for coming LSRs as my longest run to date this year has been 17 miles.

Plan going well. Done a 20 & a 22 in the last two weeks. Going to do a 18 m race pace this sat. Off to Vegas then for my 'warm weather' training! Longest run done, so happy about that - so time consuming

Training going to plan with a few tweaks mad! Did 16.5miles last week and 18miles today so beginning to feel like its all coming together :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

best of luck to all doing this marathon- did it back in 09 and really enjoyed it. Congestion was an issue for the first couple of miles but other than that the route was grand, great sights to take in over the last few miles. Felt good enough after it to do the limerick marathon 3 weeks later!

Plan going well. Done a 20 & a 22 in the last two weeks. Going to do a 18 m race pace this sat. Off to Vegas then for my 'warm weather' training! Longest run done, so happy about that - so time consuming

Doubly jelous. A) That you have your long runs done and B) That you're going to Vegas.
    Sara2002 wrote: »
    Training going to plan with a few tweaks mad! Did 16.5miles last week and 18miles today so beginning to feel like its all coming together :-)

Sounds good, not too long to go now. Must organise my medical cert soon too.

• Advertisement

coalshed wrote: »
    Doubly jelous. A) That you have your long runs done and B) That you're going to Vegas.

Sounds good, not too long to go now. Must organise my medical cert soon too.

Ha ha! I'm a little worried about the potential damage I can do to myself and my prep in 10 days in Vegas! Have a few 9 milers picked out from garmin.com so just have to do them now

Advertisement