Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PARIS MARATHON 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Good luck to everyone doing this. Flying out @ 6.40 on Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The official app is pretty good. Gives advice on the route and it allows your friends and family to see your progress and time in real time. They just enter your number

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BonBon75

Best of luck everyone. Only positive thoughts from here on in. And remember 'there is no spoon'! Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Best of luck to everyone running on Sunday. The training was the hard work, the race will be the reward. Go get the time you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

Bon chance everyone!

See you in the pub after :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sara2002

I'm in the middle of moving at the minute so not had a chance to get too crazy worrying about marathon-Too busy worrying about other things!
    I get the Eurostar tomorrow afternoon so won't hit the expo untill about 6.
    Are you guys staying Sunday night in Paris? I'm flying to Dublin Sunday night (a little crazy I think) but I'm starting a new Job on Monday morning (hence the move!) so no real choice. I'll be hopping around Paris for the afternoon in my smelly marathon clothes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

So I just arrived in Paris and got off the bus from the airport and left my bag with all my running gear behind on the bus! Off to a flying start! One frantic cab chase cross the city later we're reunited. Let's hope that's the last of the drama!

So can someone post a Google maps link to where the expo is? I can't find it for the life of me...

EDIT: never mind, just found it -http://www.runningexpo.fr/us/acces.html. I must be having a slow day...

So I just arrived in Paris and got off the bus from the airport and left my bag with all my running gear behind on the bus! Off to a flying start! One frantic cab chase cross the city later we're reunited. Let's hope that's the last of the drama!

So can someone post a Google maps link to where the expo is? I can't find it for the life of me...

EDIT: never mind, just found it -http://www.runningexpo.fr/us/acces.html. I must be having a slow day...

To add to your expo woes, I went to the wrong expo, near Charles de Gaulle airport! Ended up in an exam hall surrounded by students. Finally found the running expo... around the corner from where I'm staying
    :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

tattycoram wrote: »
    To add to your expo woes, I went to the wrong expo, near Charles de Gaulle airport! Ended up in an exam hall surrounded by students. Finally found the running expo... around the corner from where I'm staying
    :/

Just popped on here to wish you all Bonne Chance and I see a couple of you could do with a little extra good luck.... Bit of a hectic start for you both but hopefully you can relax now and chill out.
    Very best of luck to all running this on Sunday:)
    I ran it 2 years ago and really enjoyed it, remember to try and take in some of the spectacular sights along the way:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Very best of luck to everyone on Sunday!

Heard from a friend of mine earlier, he's just collected his number & was having a stroll around part of the route. All sounded very relaxed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭physiopad

Very chilly here this morning. Temp picked up later in the day. Gonna opt for long sleeves and gloves I think.

Registration very quiet around 3. Wrecked after walking around the Expo. Very good though. Some lovely souvenir Asics gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

Went to the expo around 7pm and no queues, but I'd expect it to be very busy tomorrow as everyone starts arriving.

Well best of luck all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Best of luck to everyone running this Sunday. Unfortunately I was forced to pull out due to injury but Ill be thinking of ye all. Hope everything goes to plan, you all reach your desired goals and most of all you all enjoy yourselves :)

Myself and Bon Bon 75 have arrived to the hotel and are carbing up!

Pretty cold but hopefully it'll be a bit brighter on Sunday.

Good luck people

Best of luck everyone! Lots of positive thoughts now-Shut those negative ones up!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

Good luck all. Here's to pbs all round.

Im at the airport now, will go straight to the expo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BonBon75

coalshed wrote: »
    Good luck all. Here's to pbs all round.

Im at the airport now, will go straight to the expo.

We were down at the expo this morning at about 11 and there was no queues! Brilliant.

Im on the Eurostar now wondering have I done enough training. Mad thoughts, I know I have!!!

Sara2002 wrote: »
    Im on the Eurostar now wondering have I done enough training. Mad thoughts, I know I have!!!

I don't think anyone feels like they've really done enough training! You're on the way now, so don't be thinking mad thoughts. The expo was really easy this morning -10 minutes in total as bonbon75 said.

Today is boring though, just waiting around waiting to go to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Good luck everybody. have a great day.

• Advertisement

Porridge eaten' coffee drank-Now just to make my way to the start line. I think it's a bit nippy out there! Anyway just wanted to say a final good luck to everyone. I hope everyone enjoys themselves and has a lovely day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

Looks very slow getting the masses away

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Best of luck everyone!!

Managed to get my sore body back to the hotel. Didn't hit my target time, missed it by 6 minutes but couldn't have done any better so very happy.

Very busy and difficult to pass people but that's to be expected with som many people.

Hope it went well for everyone else

Bit disappointed with my time but I ran the whole thing non stop which was my main goal for my first marathon.

It was so well organised and friendly from start to finish. An amazing day!

PS my feet hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭coalshed

Didn't hit my time either. Nearly 8 mins off. Pb nonetheless. Now that a few hours have passed i reckon it was a fun day out. How 'bout that weather eh?

Well done all.

Garcon, more wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

Great to be finished too! Congrats all! Seems to be a trend but missed my target...but delighted to have finished! Really tired now but a great day for it, probably one of the warmest in a while in Paris...10 degrees is considered warm after the last few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Well done everyone on super performances in Paris. Hope your all recovering well. Where are the race reports? Looking forward to hearing all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭physiopad

What a weekend. Fantastic first Marathon experience. Warmer than expected but it was great. Great atmosphere throughout. Only complaint would be that it got very congested at a few points along the course causing runners to come to near standstill.

Legs were jelly like from mile 17 to 19 but I pulled through. Quite enjoyed the calm through park around mile 23/24. Knew id finish at this point but thought the line would never come. :-)
    Had a sip of wine at around Mile 25 I think. Was enough to distract me from the torture momentarily. Coming onto the final straight on the Champs Elyses was a wonderful feeling. Made all the suffering worth it!
    The finishers' tshirt and medal also deserve a mention. Lovely.

Haven't anything to compare it with but would highly recommend Paris. Certainly leaves me hungry for more.

Advertisement