Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Tea Time Express cakes closing

Options
  • 10-11-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hope this isn't true my favourite coffee cake might be distinct in a few months is this really happening:eek:Can anyone shed some light on this.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

texas star wrote: »
    Hope this isn't true my favourite coffee cake might be distinct in a few months is this really happening:eek:Can anyone shed some light on this.Thanks

You need to try more cakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Ah heck, I hadn't heard this till now. I am fond of their lemon cake, and chocolate layer cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I know it's only a food company but I have great memories of buying their cakes before visiting my late Grandmother. She loved their Porter cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Think it was in the paper that they're closing on the 21st December. My poor grandmother will be heartbroken. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Think it was in the paper that they're closing on the 21st December. My poor grandmother will be heartbroken. :pac:

See post #3 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

MarkMc wrote: »
    See post #3 ;)

My bad. Last time I post while hungover. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

does this mean the shop on talbot street will close too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

does this mean the shop on talbot street will close too?

I assume so (they wouldn't have any stock?)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks everyone Ill stock up on my coffee layer cake,sad Ive great memories too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

CianRyan wrote: »
    You need to try more cakes.

of course there are more cakes out there but if you grew up with it it offers a certain nostalgic feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Fuinseog wrote: »

of course there are more cakes out there but if you grew up with it it offers a certain nostalgic feel.

I grew up with them, they remind me of boring cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

I grew up with them too, they remind me of Sunday teatime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ah no! :( what a shame!
    Watched them on The Takeover on RTE.
    Reminds me of my grandmothers too.

Must try call into the cafe on Talbot one last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

just back from dunnes stores and bought a Gateaux teatime coffee cake. they had other flavours, so I got my mum a pineapple one for sunday. are these new??? i've not seen them before.

the coffee layer cake is nice, not as nice as teatime...the sponge isn't as soft. the packaging is the same wine/red colour....

thought i'd mention it as our family still misses the teatime cakes! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Great name for a band "Tea Time Express Cakes".

Sure cakes likely to be outlawed soon anyway,
    along with smoking, carrying hot drinks (over 78oC), walking when the grounds wet and non-compliance with new driver-less cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Well I'm very pleased to say I've also found a cake very similar to tea time express coffee cake and its Aldi coffee cake its delicious.Highly recommend :D

Advertisement