Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting an A learner permit

Options
  • 10-11-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

iv had an A1 learner permit since i was 17 got it in january 2011.
    i bought an aprilia rs 50 in june so i'v had plenty of practice driving :D,
    I booked myself into the IBT course in 2 weeks.
    I just discovered i cant do the IBT course on a 50cc bike and get an A1 certificate so ill have to rent the school bike :mad:.

since im 19 now can i apply for an A learner permit and complete the IBT on a 125cc + bike and get a cat A certificate without having to do another theory test ?:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

joycey93 wrote: »
    iv had an A1 learner permit since i was 17 got it in january 2011.
    i bought an aprilia rs 50 in june so i'v had plenty of practice driving :D,
    I booked myself into the IBT course in 2 weeks.
    I just discovered i cant do the IBT course on a 50cc bike and get an A1 certificate so ill have to rent the school bike :mad:.

since im 19 now can i apply for an A learner permit and complete the IBT on a 125cc + bike and get a cat A certificate without having to do another theory test ?:confused::confused::confused:

You can apply for an A LP as you're over 18. You can take IBT on a 125cc but it will only cover you for the A1 category. If I were you I would use the school bike 250cc for my IBT, however with the new rules coming in you'll only be able to get the A2 category as you can't do the test until May at the earliest. You don't have to do another Theory test!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joycey93

oh well then thats not too bad, ill go and apply for an A licence tomorow and hopefully ill get it in the post within a week and ill do the ibt on a 250cc school bike.
    ye i know ill only be able to get an A2 licence sure a 250cc bike will do me for a few years anyway i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Think the A2 will cover you up to 400cc

Advertisement