Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 2013 Ocean City

Options
  • 10-11-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

j1 Story folks,
    Just put the deposit on the J1. I'm thinkng of heading to ocean city,I'm heading on my own so is anyone else heading over? PM or reply about sharing accomadation! I'm 20 and in UCD btw!
    Cheers folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RachelLeanne

niall_ucd wrote: »
    j1 Story folks,
    Just put the deposit on the J1. I'm thinkng of heading to ocean city,I'm heading on my own so is anyone else heading over? PM or reply about sharing accomadation! I'm 20 and in UCD btw!
    Cheers folks
    Hey :) Just put my deposit down today aswell! Heading to Ocean City with 2 friends but they havent booked yet so Im on my own as of now, would be handy to have people to share accom with!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brendunn92

Hey guys im not really sure about where im going let cant decide between ocean city or chicago. What have you heard about OC is it easy to find jobs and accommodation? Be handy to share if we were all going there.

brendunn92 wrote: »
    Hey guys im not really sure about where im going let cant decide between ocean city or chicago. What have you heard about OC is it easy to find jobs and accommodation? Be handy to share if we were all going there.

From what I lv heard and by the J1 websites it seems like both jobs and accom are easy to pick up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 niall_ucd

Should we set up a facebook group to suss out accomadation?
    http://www.facebook.com/niall.dunne.39 give me an add!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BBBboy

Group of us (girls) thinking of heading Ocean city or Myrtle Beach. Not sure about OC anymore over hurrican Sandy. Whether jobs will be available by summer and that??

• Advertisement

Im sure OC will be fine by summer, it was barely hit by Sandy :)

RachelLeanne . Have you been OC before? We haven't been to either OC or Myrtle Beach. Hearing now OC has no clubs that allow under 21's in? This isn't good as we are all 20 and only one of us is 21.

What city is everyone flying into? Im heading New York, and I heard that once you get a fake drivers licence its not a problem, at least it better not be im still gonna be 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭RGM

Ocean City in New Jersey or Maryland?
    niall_ucd wrote: »
    What city is everyone flying into? Im heading New York, and I heard that once you get a fake drivers licence its not a problem, at least it better not be im still gonna be 20!

I assume you'd be bringing a fake Irish one? You might be alright with that.

I'd be careful where you use it though. More prominent pubs and clubs will not only keep you out, they'll keep the fake. I don't have much experience in Ocean City, so I don't know how it is there. Some towns are really strict, others not at all.

Hey no Ive never been there but a few friends went last yr and had an amazing time :) Im not too sure on strictness, Ill be 21 so Im not too bothered :)

• Advertisement

Ok thanks RachelLeanne :) Yeah thats handy for you being 21 :) ... Hearing amazing things about Myrtle Beach so I say that will be the spot this year. Most people seem to be heading there.. Hearing good things about it too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Faun92

HELLO! Me and another 2 girls after booking our visa for ocean city....heard amazing things about the place any groups looking to share ???? :)

Faun92 wrote: »
    HELLO! Me and another 2 girls after booking our visa for ocean city....heard amazing things about the place any groups looking to share ???? :)

Hey theres a group of 3 (girls) of us, J1 booked, just looking for people to share accom with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Faun92

Hey theres a group of 3 (girls) of us, J1 booked, just looking for people to share accom with :)

Hey add me on facebook Faun Duugan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HaylSilke

I'm with this girl! There is 4 of us now all women lookin to share with lads to mix it up a bit! Were all 20 :D

HaylSilke wrote: »
    I'm with this girl! There is 4 of us now all women lookin to share with lads to mix it up a bit! Were all 20 :D

Im 20 just heading over on my own looking to share with anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ambzcoff92

hi there rachel, im 21 ( a girl) really wanting 2 book a j1 but none of my budz have the money this year :( ...would u be looking for somone to travel/share accom with? x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chris231989

Hi all,
    Was in OC last summer, brilliant spot must be said. With regards to Accommodation my friends and I were staying in the best accommodation in OC by far and the landlord has given me the responsibility of filling it for next year for him if possible. The place is huge, has balconies, Jacuzzi, 32 inch tvs in all bedrooms and living room, wifi, etc. Everything I could think of expect for swimming pool, haha. Anyway if interested and would like to find out more, give me an email at chrisdc18@live.ie or else send me a mail on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/chris.deasy.10

Sound :)
    Chris

Also join this page on facebook, good way to find out whos going to OC next summer and share opinions :)
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/311281268973169/311283752306254/?notif_t=group_activity

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brid O R

Hey..there are 2 of us heading to OC this summer!Anyone looking to share accom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ericapaul111

HEY guys! Me and my friend (both girls 20) are booking Ocean City today:D we'd love to find people to share accomodation with:)

Brid O R wrote: »
    Hey..there are 2 of us heading to OC this summer!Anyone looking to share accom?

we'd deff be interested in sharing accomodation!! 2 of us as well :)

Hi all,
    Was in OC last summer, brilliant spot must be said. With regards to Accommodation my friends and I were staying in the best accommodation in OC by far and the landlord has given me the responsibility of filling it for next year for him if possible. The place is huge, has balconies, Jacuzzi, 32 inch tvs in all bedrooms and living room, wifi, etc. Everything I could think of expect for swimming pool, haha. Anyway if interested and would like to find out more, give me an email at chrisdc18@live.ie or else send me a mail on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/chris.deasy.10

Sound :)
    Chris

Love the sound of this!! How do we get more info? And book?:)

Sounds great..We are both girls and 19!!Yeah we really like the sound of this accom....We should try booking it if its not too expensive! :)

There are 2 of us going aswell!We would be interested in sharing too :)

Brid O R wrote: »
    Sounds great..We are both girls and 19!!Yeah we really like the sound of this accom....We should try booking it if its not too expensive! :)

if we all pitch in together we should get it cheap enough...send us an email if yer interested in hooking up with us! We need people to share with:) ericapaul93@hotmail.com

Hi RachelLeanne, me and my friend just booked our j1 to ocean city maryland, are ye still looking for people to share accomodation with? We'd be interested:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 unimon

Hi guys,

Was in OC summer '12. Accommodation isn't that hard to find, just look for anything below 12th street, that's where all the craic is. Jobs aren't that hard to find either if you look early enough. Just try the boardwalk and the theme parks.

If you're not 21 and don't have a passport of someone who looks like you then you're pretty much not getting in anywhere I'm afraid. But there's ''senior week'' on for about a month so you'll find house parties.

Spend a week in NYC at the end if you can, it's unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 COOMKEEN3010

well guys, myself and 3 other lads are heading to OC aswell this summer (we are all 19 or 20)!!! looking for some people to share accomodation with. If any of ye are are interested send me a pm :) Any information from students who have already been to ocean city on accomodation, jobs, nightlife etc. would also be greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement

Landlord has pulled out of the agreement of the house, sorry people but it was a class place. He may be going to rent it himself though.

Advertisement