Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forerunner 305 sound & HR problems

Options
  • 10-11-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Anyone got any tips to correct the following issues - sound won't work & HR won't pair to unit.
    I've done a full reset, software is up to date, sensors cleaned, battery changed & no luck.
    I've gone through the manual & checked online, I'm beginning to think that I can't fix it - any help would be great.

Even to get HR back maybe I can live without sound !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

*Disclaimer* I might be wrong.

Sound going is often the first sign that water / sweat has gone into the unit through the holes at the speaker on the back.
    If this happens the little speaker gets corroded and stops working.
    If this happens it could mean that some of the contacts internally are also corroded and you may see other symptoms, such as;
    Battery warnings when charged
    Screen flickering
    Backlight not working properly
    Fog on the inside of screen

The unit will be rplaced by garmin for around 85 euro with a refurnished unit.
    Or, you can DIY fix it if you are handy with a soldering iron.
    I did my one a few months ago (have a 310xt now) and it's still going strong with my running buddy.
    No sound is a pain for intervals etc.

The following site have instructions on how to disect.
    http://www.jimandkatrin.com/CodeBlog/post/Forerunner-305-Battery-Replacement.aspx
    https://sites.google.com/site/ctorunner/dismantleforerunner205
    Not to difficult if you use something sharp.

Bertie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

soft or hard strap hrm ? i got rust on one of the clips where it clips on to my softstrap . i scraped it off and cleaned with spirits and now its working fine again. i also wash the strap and dry it out every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Sound went on my 305 a year or more ago, everything else still works though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

sound went in my 305 and about 2months after the watch wouldnt turn on...had to be replaced :(

Advertisement