Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build Need parts

Options
  • 10-11-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? [€400 - 450]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] [Gta Iv, ArmA 2, Black Ops 2, Atleast on medium-high. Battlefield 3, ultra if possible for this budget?]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Nope] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] [Yes]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] [No I do not need any of these]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Paypal/Credit Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [Few Weeks, before christmas, around the 10th of december]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Co.Louth, Dundalk]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

So I dont think BF3 on ultra is possible with this budget. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    I honestly dont know enough to say for sure but I threw this together to give you an idea.
    Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€28.15
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 6Gb/s|€53.43
    Xigmatek Asgard, ATX, ohne Netzteil, schwarz|€32.23
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€43.99
    Intel Core i3-3220 Box, LGA1155|€107.11
    ASRock B75 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€69.29
    MSI R7850-1GD5/OC, 1024MB DDR5, PCI-Express|€161.87
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€515.06

every single part could be upgraded here and I am not 100% on which ones might represent more value to you for the extra spend. Examples below:
    GPU up to a 7870 for +€60
    Mobo up to a H77 for +€10
    CPU up to a i5 3450 or 3570 for +€65 or +€80
    PSU up to a 550w for +€10
    Case up to just a better case for +€20. the sky is the limit and down to preference lookswise also
    HDD +€?? depending on how much storage you want/need then there is the beautiful problem that is the SSD. lots recommend this for making the whole machine feel much "snappier".
    and lastly the RAM, while the prices are so cheap +€7 would get you some faster stuff

So there is my 2000 cents. Seems to me the problem when your on a tight budget (as with everything) is the stuff you dont want or feel you are not as important is probably the good foundation stuff that will last longer like a good case and PSU ect.
    DISCLAIMER I have not yet built my 1st PC and I have lernt all I know through this forum so please do not go and buy anything I have recommended here with getting others opinions 1st :cool:

Advertisement