Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synthpunk (not synthpop)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Keyboards are bent that's why

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Another good tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

I think you've picked poor examples tbh. I wouldn't consider that 'synthpunk'. More New Wave or summat'. The Prodigy would be a better example as it's far more aggressive.

In answer to your question tho'. Could you imagine GBH or the Exploited substituting their guitars for synths, as used in your examples? It would be a disaster. The only way, in my opinion, that synths could merge into Punk is if they were run through a ****load of outboard distortion and played very dissonantly. Think along the lines of early Cubante. But then again, your now going into the realms of industrial. Where Punk had had a huge influence anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 typeunegative

I suppose 'synthpunk' might be synthpop using aggressive vocals and a live drummer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

SubBusted wrote: »
    Another good tune.

I won't deny that, Futuristik's Split Second is another. very new-wave / darkwave elements too, the keyboard is off the handle in I-night!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement