Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taurid Meteor Shower TONIGHT 10th NOV.

Options
  • 10-11-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Taurid Meteor Shower tonight folks , already seen one while out walking the dog . Northwards will be the general direction for them :)
    It doesnt peak till 2moro but aint gonna be a star in the sky 2moro with the cloud moving in... Perfect conditions this eve :)

They best known not for their quantity but their quality ! , As they often produce fireballs! :D

12Nov03_430.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Gift, quiet night in work :D
    Now where's my warm jacket :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Cheers ian had forgot about this one...A fireball or 2 would go down nicely with the beers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Just seen another nice one!! Same direction NE low in the sky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Just outside with the dogs and saw one, amazing!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Saw a few on the rooftops of Dublin tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Saw a few of these last night in crossmaglen. Great veiw of the sky because it was so dark. Thanks ian for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pmq71

Tip for the folks with Android phones - the free Google Sky Map app has been updated to show the position of meteor showers. Great for making sure you are looking in the right place.

I didn't see any meteors myself as my view was blocked but still had great fun checking out what else was up there with the app. Great buzz identifying a planet in the night sky for the first time.

I saw about 5 in total , nice ones though so worth the wait...

While gazing away i was also taking shots of the Orion Nebula , here is the result :)

8176427718_3b09b14ebe_z.jpg

Landscapeaddict on Flickr :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

what lens did you use for the
    at on Ian? (exif dosn't show it)
    nice one.

John mac wrote: »
    what lens did you use for the
    at on Ian? (exif dosn't show it)
    nice one.

Hey John, its a mammoth 500mm F4 Prime lens that the family owns. Practically a telescope! ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

ah yea just got that over in astronony section..

Well i will forget about shots like that untill i win the euro millions ..:D:D:D

must try that stacking program .
    have you tried any in ps6?

Advertisement