Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC headphones and mic on ps3?

Options
  • 10-11-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,228 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks wondering can anyone advice me

I would like my Sennheiser HD 598 to work with my ps3, but unsure how to get it going?

I also will be getting a mic (unsure of which one, that will work with ps3 and pc) but again im unsure how to get it working on the ps3, at the same time as the Sennheiser HD 598

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

a 3.5mm 4-Pin to 2x 3-Pin 3.5mm Splitter

And a mix amp like a Astro mixamp

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

You can get a USB adapter on eBay.

Works perfectly.

USB to 3.5mm Jack Microphone Adapter for PS3 Live Chat
    sparksrocket | 65485 | 99.5%
    Sale date: 23/08/12
    AU $2.81
    EUR 2.29
    Free P&P
    Sell this item
    View seller's other items
    More actions

• Registered Users Posts: 54,228 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Varik wrote: »

And a mix amp like a Astro mixamp

How much would a typical astro amp bit?

Headshot wrote: »
    How much would a typical astro amp bit?

€150 probably less.

I think the new Turtle beach DSS mix amp would work too and they could maybe be gotten for €70

EDIT: i was mistake the DSS2 won't work :

that is a fair lot of money tbh. I was just hoping to get a few cables and bobs your uncle your done, but doesnt seem that way

Maybe im better off getting a new headset? Doesnt have to be state of the art since I wouldnt be on the ps3 much but something capable of doing the business for me

• Advertisement

that is a fair lot of money tbh. I was just hoping to get a few cables and bobs your uncle your done, but doesnt seem that way

Maybe im better off getting a new headset? Doesnt have to be state of the art since I wouldnt be on the ps3 much but something capable of doing the business for me

A €60 turtle beach dss2 will get you sound on your Sennheiser HD 598 connected over optical cable giving a nice virtual surround sound, it's the chat that causes the problem and would need a more expensive mixamp with the function like an asto and if you could find the older 2010 model you might get that cheap.

A cheap USB mic with an adapter and the DSS would work, the game sound coming over the headphone would be great but some games on PS3 have chat volume issues that a astro would fix.

Varik wrote: »
    A €60 turtle beach dss2 will get you sound on your Sennheiser HD 598 connected over optical cable giving a nice virtual surround sound, it's the chat that causes the problem and would need a more expensive mixamp with the function like an asto and if you could find the older 2010 model you might get that cheap.

A cheap USB mic with an adapter and the DSS would work, the game sound coming over the headphone would be great but some games on PS3 have chat volume issues that a astro would fix.

Where ya get 60 euro from. varik?

Also is it possible to get a mic that you can clip onto the headphones cable?

Also what adaptor?

Where ya get 60 euro from. varik?

Seen it a few places for £50, normal price is £60 but it's not that hard to find for £50 online. gamegears.co.uk have it for that but I've never dealt with them before so can't say what they're like.
    I got the older DSS from amazon but amzon are charging £60 for the DSS2, they still sell the older Dss but the reason I recommend the new one is the aux in which may come in handy dependant on the mic you get.

Also is it possible to get a mic that you can clip onto the headphones cable?

Also what adaptor?

Made a mistake I was thinking about one of Sennheiser headsets rather than yours, so was thinking you'd have a 4 pole 3.5mm (mic & stereo in one cable).

You may need an adapter dependant on the mic you get, if it's not a PS3 compatible USB one.

Advertisement