Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasteless article after weeks of attacks on young women

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

are you paul duggan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Was it in the print edition or online only?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Heard this guy on the radio, its clearly a pisstake and anyone that believes it to be true is seriously naive, he is a troll and thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some blog moaning about some other blog that got published in GA.
    I don't even see why this should be left open but we'll give it a go for the lulz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The "Galway Player" is on RTE One now explaining himself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

J o e wrote: »
    The "Galway Player" is on RTE One now explaining himself...

More like making an idiot of himself:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

No surprise iRadio are in on this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

was this on rte radio 1 or rte 1 tv?

What show?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

More like making an idiot of himself:rolleyes:
    More like making an idiot of any mug who falls for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Sounds like he's channeling Barney from that god awful How I Met Your Mother. I wouldn't take it too seriously. He's just taking the p!ss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's pretty sad really that such a mediocre level of trolling is enough to get you national attention these days. There are some genuinely talented funny people out there but Ireland is still stuck in the 2005 "oh no, he dint just go there!" uhhing and ahhing. It's just tired at this stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's pretty sad really that such a mediocre level of trolling is enough to get you national attention these days. There are some genuinely talented funny people out there but Ireland is still stuck in the 2005 "oh no, he dint just go there!" uhhing and ahhing. It's just tired at this stage.

2005? Hasn't that trick been in use for decades :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I hope he's a troll, otherwise he's got colossal problems and I'm not sure why women don't run a mile when they hear him mince towards them.

And that article seems to imply that listening to him will turn you into a misogynist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    I hope he's a troll, otherwise he's got colossal problems and I'm not sure why women don't run a mile when they hear him mince towards them.

And that article seems to imply that listening to him will turn you into a misogynist.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if he wrote it himself. I'm sure he'd be eager to make the most of what little controversy he can whip up now. At the end of the day if people don't like him or what he has to say hopefully they will unfollow him on twitter and ignore him on blog sites. It's not what he has to say that's in anyway interesting to media outlets, it's reaction to him. We are ultimately the people responsible for that.

Advertisement