Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build help

Options
  • 11-11-2012 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

PSU oczgxs850 (working tested on my old MB)
    CPU i5 3750k
    MB ASUS Z77 Sabartooth
    RAM Corsair 2x4 8GB KIT PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 CL9 Vengeance
    GPU GTX 470
    Case Coolmaster HAF+

The problem is when i power on the green led lights on the MB. Then i turn on with the power button on the case the GPU fans turn, the lights on the case light up but nothing else. I assembled the MB,ram,GPU on a table but no joy.
    also i have tried one stick of RAM in each solt, Flashing the BIOS, cleared the cmos, i also disconnected the GPU and tried the onboard one
    The PSU i know is working it was tested on my old MB.

A little help would be great,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

I have similar issue.
    Try disconnecting power cable form psu for 10 seconds. plug it back and check if its starts. My psu is ocz stream x, and apparently its common issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Tried it but it did not work:(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You dont mention the CPU fan, I assume that spins?

no the CPU fan does nothing the gpu fans start very slowly and the lights on the case light up but thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Can you get into the BIOS? If so can the computer see the hard drive?

• Advertisement

hi fella's Problem solved It's my power supply i got one to test and the comp worked first time. So new PSU is needed. Funny thing is that it works with my old MB.

thanks

Advertisement