Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Carlos Tevez Column

• 11-11-2012 4:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭

His English has improved considerably!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4637820/Carlos-Tevez-Gary-Neville-doesnt-help-solve-England-plight.html
    OFF FOCUS? ... Tevez says Neville should concentrate on England, not punditry
    Running a hotel doesn’t help England, Gary

TEVEZ EXCLUSIVE: IN HIS OWN WORDS

Last Updated: 11th November 2012

I’VE been here almost seven years now and it’s still hard for me to understand why England have not progressed on the international stage.
    The Premier League is one of the best and toughest in the world — to survive and succeed you must have wonderful skill, speed and fitness.
    Players like Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney, one of the greatest players I’ve had the privilege to play alongside, possess those qualities — and they’re not alone.
    We’ve got a core of England players at City — Joe Hart, Joleon Lescott, James Milner, Gareth Barry — so I know the class and pedigree is there.
    And it’s difficult to believe the country doesn’t challenge more successfully at the Euros or in the World Cup.
    But maybe England have to look at the structure of its coaching staff.
    Which brings me to Gary Neville. I can’t believe that any of the top countries would employ a television pundit as a part-time coach.
    Can you imagine Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, Brazil or Argentina employing a manager’s right-hand man whose day job is a television pundit? I can’t ever see it happening.
    This week, I saw that Gary is part of a venture to build a new hotel in Manchester.
    How does that benefit England and Roy Hodgson?
    I’m not a fan of foreign managers taking charge of national teams.
    It would never happen in Brazil or Argentina because there’s too much pride at stake to admit a foreigner could understand the culture or mentality.
    But at least when Fabio Capello was in charge, you saw his assistant, Franco Baldini at Premier League games scouting players.
    To be honest, I haven’t seen much of that from Gary Neville.
    He’s happy to make jokes about players referring them to a PlayStation game but I’m not sure many World Cups have been won on PlayStation — so I think Gary needs to stop playing games and concentrate on his coaching. I know Sky is a high-profile and lucrative job and must pay well but he has to decide whether his first loyalty is to them or the FA.
    He should be out there watching games in the Premier League or the Championship, reporting back on current players and those who might play a part in the World Cup and beyond.
    He should also be turning up at clubs, watching their sessions, seeing how top class coaches work and how England players respond to them.
    I’ve worked under great managers, probably some of the best in the world and I don’t think any of them would consider having an assistant whose main focus was not 100 per cent on the job.
    Spain have been the most successful side in the world for the past few years.
    Is their assistant manager a TV pundit?
    The short answer is no. Gary has to decide whether England is his absolute focus or does he want to make a name for himself on Sky.
    Because, in my opinion, there is too much of a conflict of interest to do both.

TEVEZ ON SOUNESS

I TRY and avoid watching my old friend Graeme Souness on the TV at the best of times.
    But when I’m unfortunate enough to catch him, I can’t help but laugh.
    He tells us football is an easy game.
    He tells us players like Oscar don’t intentionally score brilliant goals — even though everybody else knew it was wonderful skill against Juventus.
    The question that I would like Graeme to answer is: If football is so easy, why was he so unsuccessful as a manager in England and Portugal?
    Why didn’t he buy players like Deco even though he had the chance in 1997?
    And why does no chairman trust him with their club any more?
    Football is an easy game.
    Especially when you are watching it from his armchair or from the Sky television studio.

TEVEZ ON WEST HAM

I’LL always remember West Ham and their fans with real love and respect.
    It’s where I began in English football and it’s why I’ll always have so much affection for the club. That’s why I made the sign of the crossed hammers at Upton Park last week.
    If I’d scored against them, I definitely wouldn’t have celebrated.
    I’m so glad they’re back in the Premier League because I missed playing there last season and I missed the fans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What a cock, still bitter about Gary Neville

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yep, definitely the most pointless thread ever, congrats Xavi6.

This is going to be like the internet 15 years ago, 3 weekly updates and then nothing until somebody digs it up a year later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

And I thought MY English was good...

The Sun articles are always a substantial read

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The Sun articles are always a substantial read

Hey, don't knock The Sun, a great paper and a good read

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

scudzilla wrote: »

it's really not. it's basically the definition of pointless drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

In fairness Argentina have underachived for years now, given the standard of players they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Good read, I hope this is a weekly dig at people he doesn't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

gallery_1_209_1200631.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

" I’m not sure many World Cups have been won on PlayStation"

Could you be any more wrong ? :pac:

Seriously though, Tevez questioning commitment??
    TEVEZ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A bit rich coming from Tevez. Tevez is supposed to be a professional, yet has tied up a lucrative 'writing' deal.....least we forget his 4 month hiatus from city last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good read, I hope this is a weekly dig at people he doesn't like.

It reminds me of Ted's Golden Cleric acceptance speech.

"And now we move on to liars..."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't wait for Neville's response. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Love his attack on sounness,can't stand him,actually hate him with passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Leiva wrote: »

Not one bit biased at all are ye ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Few things better then a well timed and appropriate gif :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

He should get his facts right first before criticising people. Gary Neville is not England's assistants manager , Ray Lewington is .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Not one bit biased at all are ye ;)

Biased?

nah it's not hard to dislike that rag actually anything with more brain cells than an amoeba should see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Quite shocked the lad had the intelligence to write a column, but then, it is in that rag of a "paper".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is there history between Tevez and Souness?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

DB21 wrote: »
    Quite shocked the lad had the intelligence to write a column, but then, it is in that rag of a "paper".

Doubt hes actually writing it,

I probably calls some Sun hack who dictates his rambling stupidity down, while removing all the heavy breathing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Totally agree with tevez on the neville situation with sky. But in saying that id hate to see him go, the nev is prob the best pundit in england at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Doubt hes actually writing it,

I heard Tevez has a special team to write the articles. He keeps locked away in a secret room at his mansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I met sounness in manchester airport around 4 year ago and honestly you couldn't met a sounder person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Biased?

nah it's not hard to dislike that rag actually anything with more brain cells than an amoeba should see that.

Shola gon' get you.

shola-ameobi-nigeria.jpg

Biased?

So nothing to do with being a pool fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

So nothing to do with being a pool fan?

You don't have to be 'pool fan to recognise that the Sun is a complete rag of a 'newspaper', you just need a brain. I'm a Utd fan and I wouldn't go near it.

eugeneious wrote: »
    You don't have to be 'pool fan to recognise that the Sun is a complete rag of a 'newspaper', you just need a brain. I'm a Utd fan and I wouldn't go near it.

In fairness I stopped reading it after the case a few weeks back,I was only trying to take the mick there,a pool supporting friend of mine was raging about the Sun when I pointed out that his fave paper the Star reports the same stuff and even compared articles....hes never even read the Sun:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is there history between Tevez and Souness?

Souness was pretty outspoken during the affair of him refusing to play. I remember him being pretty animated during the Sky coverage ( where the lads are all on stools).

Tevez should really keep his mouth shut and focus on his football, which has gone pretty sour after a little flutter at the start of the year.

Souness has five league titles and 3 European cups as a player.

I hate that with players who make this comments when they are in no position to do so. When Carlos has wrapped up an impressive CV he can start having pops at people who have won more in their careers then most clubs win in 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

He lost me at Gareth Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The £24 FA fine might be something to clear up in his next piece perhaps -

63136_10151343084004203_973140408_n.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Well **** me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

All dat money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

fines for yellows and red i think are a set price from Fifa no matter what the level. its €7 for a yellow, €30 for a red so the £24 fine would be for a red card or maybe reaching several yellows i would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

**** me.

That pay slip.

We all know what he's on but to actually see it in pay slip form.

More money in a month than I'll ever have in my bank account ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wages like that would get you a great holiday in Argentina with a bit of golf thrown in as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

noodler wrote: »
    More money in a month than I'll ever have in my bank account ever.

The amount he pays in tax each month is probably more than I'll ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Pffft, After tax he is only on just over 100k a week. :)

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

dagdha wrote: »
    Pffft, After tax he is only on just over 100k a week. :)

:(

It was over 2 years ago. Has he had a pay rise since then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

How can an Argentinian write for the sun? The same paper that came out with the headline ''GOTCHA'' when the argentine war ship, the belgrano, was sunk With the loss of 323 lives

LiamoSail wrote: »
    How can an Argentinian write for the sun? The same paper that came out with the headline ''GOTCHA'' when the argentine war ship, the belgrano, was sunk With the loss of 323 lives

When has Tevez ever given a **** about people that idolize him.....

Thats a disgraceful amount of tax he has to pay. You would think he would have better accountants to shuffle it somewhere else.

Thats a disgraceful amount of tax he has to pay. You would think he would have better accountants to shuffle it somewhere else.

He can't do anything about it, Tax will be taken out automatically.

And no, it's not disgraceful at all, what is disgraceful is his Gross Pay, any footballers gross pay come to that.

I think the UK Government introduced a seperate tax bracket for the highly paid Premiership stars, by looking at that payslip he's paid 3.1mill sterling in tax for that year, if there's 20 Premiership players on that sort of money then that's 60mill alone!!!

He can't do anything about it, Tax will be taken out automatically.

And no, it's not disgraceful at all, what is disgraceful is his Gross Pay, any footballers gross pay come to that.

I think the UK Government introduced a seperate tax bracket for the highly paid Premiership stars, by looking at that payslip he's paid 3.1mill sterling in tax for that year, if there's 20 Premiership players on that sort of money then that's 60mill alone!!!

Man City could pay Carlos Tevez Ltd as a contractor with the company based in Jersey or Gibraltar. Ive heard of other players doing it, Gareth Barry being one.

I disagree with rest but thats more of a political thing ;)

Man City could pay Carlos Tevez Ltd as a contractor with the company based in Jersey or Gibraltar. Ive heard of other players doing it, Gareth Barry being one.

I disagree with rest but thats more of a political thing ;)
    Would non-EU players be able to get work visas that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Some parts of that photo look shopped. Look at Paid by, Rounding and Employers PAYE Ref: the text looks different, like its been added afterwards. Isn't it illegal to post someones payslip information like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LiamoSail wrote: »

carlos can barely speak english, i doubt that he is aware even that a war once took place between these two countries.

he aint the sharpest tool in the box as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

carlos can barely speak english, i doubt that he is aware even that a war once took place between these two countries.

he aint the sharpest tool in the box as they say.

You can be pretty sure he's aware of it. Las Malvinas are still a huge issue for Argentina. Whether he's aware of The Sun's obnoxious headline I wouldn't be as sure but mercenary footballers don't really care about things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Carlos Tevez taking someone to task on loyalty.
    The irony-omoter just exploded.

• Advertisement
Advertisement