Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Carlos Tevez Column

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You can be pretty sure he's aware of it. Las Malvinas are still a huge issue for Argentina. Whether he's aware of The Sun's obnoxious headline I wouldn't be as sure but mercenary footballers don't really care about things like that.

Politics forum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

carlos can barely speak english, i doubt that he is aware even that a war once took place between these two countries.

he aint the sharpest tool in the box as they say.

Bollocks. I'd say he's quite informed of what happened considering how notorious it is in Argentina.

Also if he's not the sharpest tool in the box, could you care to explain how he made the right career move, moving from United to City. He's won more trophies at City in the period since he signed, become a club legend and got paid more.

Not a bad decision for the bluntest tool in the box! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ares wrote: »
    Bollocks. I'd say he's quite informed of what happened considering how notorious it is in Argentina.

Also if he's not the sharpest tool in the box, could you care to explain how he made the right career move, moving from United to City. He's won more trophies at City in the period since he signed, become a club legend and got paid more.

Hardly! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Since when does a "club legend" leave for 6 months during the season to play golf?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

By your logic, staying at utd would have been a foolish decision. How could that be justified as a stupid decision? Irrespective of opinions on which was the better decision, neither would have been foolish

You could also argue that with utd he could have one the league last season, if you assume that he could have either got utd an extra point or been responsible for city even gaining one point

I agree that he'd be aware of the conflict, but your clutching at straws claiming turning down utd for city shows he's no fool. If anything, it could be argued he's interested most in the bottom line, which is fair enough for any professional in any line of work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Blatter wrote: »

Hardly! :pac:

He was probably referring to the local golf club :PAC:

Advertisement