Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Youtube on Ipad 2

• 11-11-2012 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Quick one for you. Since moving to Ios 5 and the youtube app disappearing I have added a shortcut to the favourites page on youtube to my ipad home screen. Now when youtube is being used new videos that are clicked on are launching below the one you are currently on, meaning instead of moving on from one video to another, you end up with a long screen of 3-4 videos you can scroll down through.

Trouble is, with 3-4 open it eventually stops opening anymore videos and you need to close down the browser and restart.

The real issue for me here is that it is actually my two year old who is using it, and he likes to click into the related videos of his favourites but this is hindering him. The youtube app on ios4 was ideal and I am very disappointed with 5/6.

Annoyingly I can't find any mention of this problem when I search. Anyone know about this or have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

try out Jasmine on the app store - its a decent youtube player and in my opinion is better than the official one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Go to the App Store on the Ipad and search YouTube there is a new app try that see how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Agreed above, try some other YouTube app replacements: http://www.ifunia.com/blog/best-free-youtube-app-for-ipadiphone/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Thànks for the suggestions, but bearing in mind the primary user is a 2 year old some of the alternative apps aren't ideal. Anything with ads is out. Jasmine I am sure is good but it isn't particularly intuitive.

I take it no one has seen the actual error/glitch/ whatever it is with youtube as described in my op?

• Advertisement
Advertisement