Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI on a car loan

Options
  • 11-11-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Like most people I have seen the advertisements on TV so here I am looking for some advice.

My loan was paid pack in full apporx 18 months ago. I know for certain I was sold some kind of payment protection. My question is this, do I need to find the original paperwork to make a claim or can I contact the lender and are they obliged to tell me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

T-K-O wrote: »
    Hi,

Like most people I have seen the advertisements on TV so here I am looking for some advice.

My loan was paid pack in full apporx 18 months ago. I know for certain I was sold some kind of payment protection. My question is this, do I need to find the original paperwork to make a claim or can I contact the lender and are they obliged to tell me?

Thanks

Whats your basis for claiming it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Mis sold. At the time the insurance was presented as part of the loan, both hand in hand.

TBH I was never happy with the payment protection but I was young and accepted the offer.

This was all a few years back however if the bank owe me money you can be sure I'll chase them for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I think people will be able to claim in certain situations. For example if you were self employed and the policy only covered paye employed then you could get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

UK adverts, one assumes.

A different scenario in Ireland. The level of PPI mis-selling was practically zilch in comparison to the UK and there is no reclaim provisions here in the manner there currently is in the UK.

Simply being young and naive isn't enough. You need to prove is was missold or unsuitable (as above)

Advertisement