Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody knows good GP in Maynooth?

Options
  • 11-11-2012 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I'm desperately looking for a good GP in Maynooth that works with Medical Card. <snip>

So, anyone?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Welcome to boards.ie. I'll assume you're relatively new, but I'm not sure why you think you can come online and post potentially damaging comments about someone. That could get you, and the site, in a lot of trouble, so please do not do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 innocent_thing

Sorry about that, yes I'm new. But I also think we should have freedom of speech especially when we are talking about health care. And also I've seen many other same opinions about this doctor, so... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The medical card contracts in Maynooth are Dr Gaffney at the Glenroyal, Drs Cowhey/O'Sullivan in Parklands, Dr O'Rourke in Kingsbry and Dr Nolan in Beaufield. They're your only choices and I'm not even sure which ones are accepting new/transferred patients.

The Primacare centre can give you GMS scripts but you have to pay for the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

MYOB wrote: »
    The medical card contracts in Maynooth are Dr Gaffney at the Glenroyal, Drs Cowhey/O'Sullivan in Parklands, Dr O'Rourke in Kingsbry and Dr Nolan in Beaufield. They're your only choices and I'm not even sure which ones are accepting new/transferred patients.

The Primacare centre can give you GMS scripts but you have to pay for the visit.

That sounds a bit dodgy - surely they either have a GMS contract or they don't??

That sounds a bit dodgy - surely they either have a GMS contract or they don't??

Same doctors have one elsewhere

• Advertisement

Great! Thanks for the information!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Don't know if he accepts medical cards, but following a recommendation I moved to Dr Wilson in the Leinster clinic, just passed the college on the Kilcock road. You ring up, make an appointment you are seen max 5 minutes late, the thing I really like is that you aren't sitting in a waiting room with 10 sick people.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Off topic posts deleted.

Staplor wrote: »
    Don't know if he accepts medical cards, but following a recommendation I moved to Dr Wilson in the Leinster clinic, just passed the college on the Kilcock road. You ring up, make an appointment you are seen max 5 minutes late, the thing I really like is that you aren't sitting in a waiting room with 10 sick people.

I bet Dr Wilson doesn't take medical cards

As far as I'm aware, no, he doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You will need to ring them and find out which can accept you.
    We use Prima Care due to the hours it is open and there are 2 lovely doctors there and 2 I try to avoid.There is also a great physio there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I bet Dr Wilson doesn't take medical cards

Nope.

Dr. Gaffney (in the Glenroyal centre) and co. are good and if you go at non-rush hour times (that is, after 5.00 or walk in on Monday and Friday mornings) you will tend to get seen within the hour (which is great compared to other GPs in Maynooth). Best to make an afternoon appointment.

Advertisement