Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jigsaws and peg puzzles

Options
  • 11-11-2012 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, we have a few of those peg puzzles/jigsaws and she is gone beyond them now. What is the next stage up?

Shops seem to have 60 piece jigsaws with small pieces, which would be too hard, or the peg ones, which are too easy. Is there something in between?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

My daughter is 2 and loves puzzles and was passed the peg ones too, I found a wooden box set of 4 wooden puzzle in Smyths I think, I think they are 24 pieces, she loves them but they still are a challenge to her even after a few weeks so she'll have them for a bit yet!
    The only thing is that they are not solid solid wood, the corners get damaged a bit, but that because she does them a few times every day, I have put two away for later when the first two will be too damaged or she gets bored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

she might like peg boards... brilliant for motor skills and she can make up her own pictures. its part of montessori equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

hats the ones yes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement