Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv license inspector calling around docks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If I had sky digital connected to a PC monitor and I was watching TV on it, but I also used the PC monitor with a PC, would have to pay a TV license even though I wouldn't own a TV?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

rubadub wrote: »
    :rolleyes: hmmm, you appeared to be admitting to your 'criminal activity' when you said this.
    I was just using your own ridiculous words.

Shown your post to a few people and they've all had a good laugh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

A lot of thieving, parasitic scum on this thread. You don't deserve TV.

I can't believe anybody even bothers with conventional TV in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Cleahaigh wrote: »
    A lot of thieving, parasitic scum on this thread. You don't deserve TV.

"A lot"? Who exactly do you mean?

I'm another who doesn't have a TV (bring it on license inspector ...) - and I think that's a good thing, not a deficit in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Asmodean wrote: »
    160 quid is a massive amount of money to be shelling out these days.

You can pay it off monthly, €13.33 a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

inisboffin wrote: »
    Just curious where you get this figure from? I know quite a few people who no longer own a telly.
    http://www.rte.ie/about/en/how-rte-is-run/2012/0221/291618-the-license-fee/#question8
    In Ireland, around 99% of households have a television.
    This does not mean 99% are liable to pay, e.g. pensioners might get it free.
    I was just using your own ridiculous words.
    Yeah right, I caught you out fair & square you fool, rather you caught yourself out didn't even cop it, keep digging that hole, I doubt anybody here believes your crap (including showing my post to other people -you didn't, but could you explain what your imaginary people might have found amusing?). And you come on here inferring/calling me and the majority of the population idiots for not stealing from others :rolleyes:

There was a poll done before. It seems there are a lot of thieving scumbags on boards.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056033654
    I can't believe anybody even bothers with conventional TV in this day and age.
    More lies & pathetic feigned ignorance, unless you really are an complete & utter idiot. FFS -can you honestly not come up with reasons people have them??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thanks. I see where you got the reference, but no idea where RTE got it's figures. I'm a bit sceptical tbh, if for no other reason than just in my own circle of friends, there is no way that only one percent of them have no telly.

More lies & pathetic feigned ignorance, unless you really are an complete & utter idiot. FFS -can you honestly not come up with reasons people have them??
    What are you getting so angry about? IMO streaming TV and movies is superior to conventional TV as it is on-demand and has less/no adverts. In what way is that a lie?

Strange, strange man.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Things are getting heated in this thread and I've handed out some bans/infracts.
    Please use a civil tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Tv license...haha. Havent bought one in 5 years and i have no intention of doing so!

Advertisement