Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 11-11-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

7 or 8 times yesterday and again just there now, got a call from this number. Answer the phone and nobody on the other end, dial it back and get a 'number not in service message'. Becoming annoying now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Mugser wrote: »
    7 or 8 times yesterday and again just there now, got a call from this number. Answer the phone and nobody on the other end, dial it back and get a 'number not in service message'. Becoming annoying now.

Google shows these results.. https://www.google.ie/search?q=08183651350&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

But the one below shows it is Eircom.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Phone/Calls-from-0818-365-1350/td-p/6345

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. The 0818 365 135 is the SMS center number. I can remove the automatic service but the service also includes:

Alarm / Reminder Calling provided as a default
    * Call Forwarding , Call Waiting , 3 way calling
    Selling points
    * Managing calls , putting the customer in control
    * Call Waiting - Indicator of incoming call ; 3 Way Calling - Conference Calling
    * For further details refer to each service in the products A-Z intranet site.
    * Call forwarding - Phone diversion
    Market Area
    * Any customer with PSTN (depends on connection to digital exchange)
    Phone plus
    * Provides customers with three services to manage calls effectively
    * Three services - Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, 3 Way Calling

So it would disable all those options as well as the text messaging facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Mugser wrote: »

Hi Mugser
    If you PM your telephone number or account number I can disable that service for you. However in deleting that service the following services need to be deleted:

Selling points
    * Call Waiting - Indicator of incoming call ; 3 Way Calling - Conference Calling
    Market Area
    Phone plus
    So it would disable all those options as well as the text messaging facility. Let me know if you want to go ahead.
    Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

I recently purchased a new Siemens gigaset: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5529799/Trail/searchtext%3EGIGASET.htm to replace an old similar one which I purchased directly from Eircom yonks ago. On the old phone I was able to send and receive SMS messages, but I tested this the other day and a text I sent from my mobile was converted to a voice message and sent to my landlines' voicemail. Is this somehow connected to the calls I've been getting I wonder? Are these calls missed SMS messages?

Thanks.
    M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Mugser

I have looked into this and I can confirm that these calls could well be missed text messages and this number is definitely related to the text message facilityand is also related to the below:

Selling points
    Market Area
    Phone plus

Hope this information helps

Regards

Al

Advertisement