Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur 13:30 11/11/12 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The incident before the goal didn't get much of a mention, where hart got lucky after seeming to pull out of a slide for the ball where he could have got clattered.

For the record, I think he is one of the best in the league, all keepers are going to have dodgy displays. He needs to work more on his distribution for me, unless he has since last season, can't say I've seen enough of City this season to judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Spurs are abysmal at the back. City should be up by now already, and will be if they don't sort themselves out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm a Manchester United fan. Keep trying though.

Thanks. I'll keep trying to say it how it is. Somebody should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The ref is getting continually conned by some spurs players here, hence the frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Kirby wrote: »
    This isn't sunday league. Any shot or header that is hit straight at the keeper should be saved 100% of the time. He bundled it into his own net. It's a howler.

Not when it's from 5 yards out. He couldn't get his hands up quick enough. He's more unlucky than anything else. It's not a howler. This is coming from someone who has been very critical of the praise Hart gets. But that one isn't on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Half time can't come quick enough for City discipline wise. They are losing the head and really should have had a couple of players on the book for their lack of discipline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What a frustrating half, no way we should be behind but our attempts on goal have been awful.

Not sure what needs to happen for us to get a penalty either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Paddypower only offering 11/1 for City to win 3-1. That seems a bit... shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some amount of booing on the radio feed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Manchini looks so dishevelled.

mike65 wrote: »
    Some amount of booing on the radio feed.

Deservedly so, Oliver's having a shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

For those with ESPN, pissing rain down in the Lazio v. Roma match.

Ball beginning to get stuck in the water.

For those with ESPN, pissing rain down in the Lazio v. Roma match.

Ball beginning to get stuck in the water.

It's now they need Aqualini

Ill get me coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wow the City players are so rattled. Ade's been hilarious. We've been a little lucky but can rarely say that so I'll take it. Hopefully we can hold onto this but honestly we look ****e. Midfield is sat so deep we cant seem to hold the ball up at all. Far sight from the team which had pos0sibly yhe best midfield of the last two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I knew joe Harte got off lightly when he makes mistakes but not this much. That was a basic save right at him and the pundits brush it aside. Typical bias!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Deservedly so, Oliver's having a shocker

Supporters should support! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Hart should certainly have done better for the goal, especially for a keeper who is considered one of the best in the league. It may have been close range but he should be saving that, he got hands on it and body behind it and it still ended up in the net. Had to laugh at Hoddle at HT there saying that if he pushed it out to the side they'd be calling it a wonder save! :rolleyes:

If he wasn't the English number 1 he'd certainly be getting more stick. Always amazes me when some people proclaim him as one of the best keepers in the world. He's good, not world class, bit to go before you could call him that.

Jaysus, football conspiracy theories on boards have got beyond tedious at this stage.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Hart should certainly have done better for the goal, especially for a keeper who is considered one of the best in the league. It may have been close range but he should be saving that, he got hands on it and body behind it and it still ended up in the net. Had to laugh at Hoddle at HT there saying that if he pushed it out to the side they'd be calling it a wonder save! :rolleyes:

If he wasn't the English number 1 he'd certainly be getting more stick. Always amazes me when some people proclaim him as one of the best keepers in the world. He's good, not world class, bit to go before you could call him that.

He really wouldn't be. It wasn't a howler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Supporters should support! :pac:
    Referees should referee

• Advertisement

Three at the back coming right up... :o

shrewdness wrote: »

He would probably be works class if he is could dominate his box and claim crosses cleanly.

Fantastic shot stopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

City moving up the gears now. You can smell the goal coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

No way Spurs are not conceding today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Half hour to go and City are really struggling. Spurs game-plan is working. I fancied City to win 2 --1 but it is looking shaky now.

In fairness to City they are always able to be behind or under pressure sure and still pull out a win.

Time for Defoe to come on me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

SantryRed wrote: »
    He really wouldn't be. It wasn't a howler.

You'll find I never called it a howler, just that a keeper of his quality should be saving that.

Kolarov needs to be dragged. We've four full backs on the pitch and if he can't beat the first man with a corner he serves zero purpose.

At least Sinclair has the pace to trouble Walker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

very well taken goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Nice goal! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

That was coming. Nice finish.

Composure :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Bit of luck but good finish

Game over now for me.

Lovely change of feet.

Go home Bale, you're drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

That's shocking from Bale .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The 2 -- 1 is on now.

Classy finish.

Bale has been hopeless for Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Kolarov needs to be dragged. We've four full backs on the pitch and if he can't beat the first man with a corner he serves zero purpose.

At least Sinclair has the pace to trouble Walker.

I get what you are saying, but he takes a mean free kick. He has scored enough over the last few years to warrant keeping him on for them. Barry, tevez and Silva can all take them.....but Kolarov hits them better.

Lovely finish.

Bale has been poor.

Kirby wrote: »
    I get what you are saying, but he takes a mean free kick. He has scored enough over the last few years to warrant keeping him on for them.

I think we've enough players who can hit a dead ball and he's done nothing today, it's like playing with 10 some of the time.

He'll score or create the winner now.

AVB's high backline really needs a linesman of today's quality cause it will keep him busy.

But City are bound to get some luck against the offside trap before 90mins.

That Maicon challenge looked a bit nasty on first viewing. Would like to see a replay though.

I wonder if Dzeko will score?...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

That zabaleta is one mouth piece.

City have been absolutely disgraceful today getting up in the referees face. It's hurting their game as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

adox wrote: »
    That Maicon challenge looked a bit nasty on first viewing. Would like to see a replay though.

Looked like an elbow to the head to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a sloppy game of football this is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dzeko on....that's game over now.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement