Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Cards

Options
  • 11-11-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to create some business cards for my new business. Does anyone know any really good website where I can design my own business cards in order to keep costs down. Is there any websites out there that have business cards that look very professional ? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

for printing i'd go for vista print (personally)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

blue4ever wrote: »
    for printing i'd go for vista print (personally)

Me too ! ! !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Or ask your local printer and see if you can get a good deal, and end up shopping locally.

If the OP wants a quote without breaking the bank, I work with loads of printers and ill get you a good price that wont break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I have been using VistaPrint for years, quick easy and low cost.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

We've been using needaprint, find them very good and not expensive either. €32 for 500 cards, full colour and proper quality and size delivered in 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

250 for about a tenner in Vistaprint

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

That vistaprint wasn't a 48 hour dispatch. I think it was less for the wait but it was xmas.

Top quality and proper size.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

250 for about a tenner in Vistaprint

The volumes of print that is done with Vistaprint allows them to offer it very cheap. That business card job is done alongside many others at the same time, so production costs get to be very cheap and they get paper very cheap.

Your local printer can't buy in paper at the price they get it and they don't have as many jobs at the same time so they can't do much more of an offer. I shop around frequently for the best deal in Ireland, and it can vary. But I want to shop Irish as doing so creates and sustains Irish Jobs and helps the Irish Economy.

Anyway, its up to you whether or not you want to shop with an Irish company that isn't ripping you off but simply can't offer the prices of a company that has thousands of print jobs done daily and have factories across numerous locations. Vistaprint are not an Irish company and don't have any operations in Ireland. European orders that are placed by consumers are manufactured in Venlo.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

depending on your business, I would go for vista print to start with then I would try local printers as you might get a bit of business out of them but then again that really depends on what business your getting into.

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd give this the old Bumpathon 6000.

Was wondering if anyone knows where I can order business cards? I've currently got Vistaprint cards and they're fine for what they are, but I'm curious as to the costs of fancier cards. Thick cards with foil or embossing, rounded edges, etc. (pretty much just looking for something that will stand out a little better next to the barrage of Vistaprint cards that are everywhere you look)?

Would prefer to buy from a website for ease of use, but I'm in Drogheda, and although I know of three places nearby that print, I don't think any of them do anything that'd be much superior to Vistaprint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

We started out using VistaPrint.

There is also a new Killorglin based new company - http://www.tweak.com/. I have no experiences with them though so can't comment on how good they are.

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd give this the old Bumpathon 6000.

Was wondering if anyone knows where I can order business cards? I've currently got Vistaprint cards and they're fine for what they are, but I'm curious as to the costs of fancier cards. Thick cards with foil or embossing, rounded edges, etc. (pretty much just looking for something that will stand out a little better next to the barrage of Vistaprint cards that are everywhere you look)?

Would prefer to buy from a website for ease of use, but I'm in Drogheda, and although I know of three places nearby that print, I don't think any of them do anything that'd be much superior to Vistaprint.

Send me a message with your details and ill see what my suppliers can give me. You will get the discount I get for printing this way. I usually only give it to people who use our design services but hey, why not share it out? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

I can make business cards, PM me if interested, I do prices cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SimonPRepublic

I use moo.com. They're cheap, send them out quickly and you get the choice of putting a selection of very cool and different designs on the back, which make them stand out. You can also upload your own selections of jpegs if you want.

Advertisement