Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint Cream

Options
  • 11-11-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭

I make a chocolate mousse with mint cream dessert.

The thing is, I can't seem to get the mint cream right.
    I've tried heating the cream with mint leaves to infuse it but then it doesn't whip.
    I've tried leaving the cream overnight with a handful of bruised mint leaves in it. That didn't work either. There's a vague hint of mint in it but I want it to be really noticeable.

Any thoughts?

Mint teabags? Use more mint? Leave it for a few days with the mint leaves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

For a strong mint flavour, you will probably need to add some mint extract to the cream. Peppermint extract is widely available in supermarkets, goodalls or dr oetker brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

+1 on mint extract, thats your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

Whip it up with Creme de Menthe..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

I would advise a peppermint tea bag in the cream and cook it for a bit with a few ts of sugar.

Creme de menthe unless knowing how to use it will probaly curdle your sauce.

Advertisement